St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Crowd size seems very important to the Navy Blue wallopers.

Fifty years, you've won f**k all....

Now now get it right , if you mean Dundee ? Then it’s not navy blue it’s Dark blue I got my head bitten of from a Dundee director in the 60s for saying we played in navy Blue , he was furious ha 

• As well as being the only team yet to score in the Scottish Premiership this season, St Johnstone have had the fewest touches in the opposition box (44), the fewest penalty area entries (72) and completed the fewest passes (443) of any side.

• Dundee are winless in their last seven away matches in the Scottish Premiership (D2 L5), losing each of their last four on the road.

• St. Johnstone are unbeaten in their last 13 home league games against promoted opposition (W6 D7) since losing 1-2 to Rangers in May 2017.

• Dundee are unbeaten in their last three league meetings with St. Johnstone (W1 D2), although both of the last two have been drawn.

• St. Johnstone have only lost one of their last 10 Scottish Premiership home games against Dundee (W7 D2), a 0-2 reverse in December 2017 under Tommy Wright.

Nicked from the Beeb. 

Stats don't make for nice viewing for us, clearly. Like I said before, I do think we are a different team to what St Johnstone have faced in recent years. 

Feels like the first time in a while we'll play Dundee and theyll have a more experienced "streetwise" side than us. I still worry we'll be too soft for a lot of games this season, particularly in midfield.

Probably be the first time Dundee will face a Saints side thats all about mobility/energy too though. A LCB and Winger in before the game and we could easily have 11 players starting who joined us this Summer.

I still think 0-0 makes sense, as both clubs continue finding their feet. 

Yes I think back to the Dundee side with Paul McGowan and Kamara in centre midfield which had the upper hand for a few fixtures, at a time when we had a weak midfield.

Think for the most part it’s a game we fancy our chances in but this weekend is a total mystery.

Dundee probably favourites after the respective starts, but the reaction Maclean got last week was as surprising as it was enjoyable after viewing what had gone before, so it becomes harder to call for me.

The big test is what we can do on the ball to create, as in the 7 competitive matches so far the answer would be not hellish much!

A positive performance but having to settle for 1-1 draw is my prediction.

Ticket sales in the away end well on their way to outnumbering the home ends. 

Looks like it'll be a 100% record for the Saintees of home match outnumberings for the 23/24 season with Rangers up next who will be given three sides like last season. 

Minter. 

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Looks like it'll be a 100% record for the Saintees of home match outnumberings for the 23/24 season with Rangers up next who will be given three sides like last season. 

Minter. 

Thank you. 

ABDC726E-B9BA-4217-8D95-D866AE17D597.jpeg

9 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Minter. 

Thank you. 

Kind of statement you lot give @RandomGuy. stick over as posting and claim it is made up utter shite!

3 hours ago, Center half said:

Kind of statement you lot give @RandomGuy. stick over as posting and claim it is made up utter shite!

Dundee fans on here will be well aware when it comes to your skittery wee Diddy teams (which there are plenty) then crowd debates may come up from me.

The difference is I don't make things up. Hearts outnumbered you, we are on our way to outnumbering you and Rangers will also outnumber you next match.

It's not as much an insult, just pure facts. If it doesn't bother you then no need to reply. Personally I feel like the likes of Livi, St Johnstone and County belong in league one with the Stirling Albion. Let's be honest, there's absolutely no appetite for local football in Perth all you see is Rangers, Celtic or English tops around the place.

The little fans you do have turn up dressed in black with balaclavas, jumping around a banging drum looking like they are on day release, whilst chanting continental football songs that are heard around every other ground these days. Pathetic.

The game will be tight and can go either way; for me its a must not lose for St Johnstone against the relegation favourites.

(Hopefully if a win doesn't come your way Radford won't wet his knickers again and thump his paws on the delete button for posters and threads).

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

36 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Dundee fans on here will be well aware when it comes to your skittery wee Diddy teams (which there are plenty) then crowd debates may come up from me.

The difference is I don't make things up. Hearts outnumbered you, we are on our way to outnumbering you and Rangers will also outnumber you next match.

It's not as much an insult, just pure facts. If it doesn't bother you then no need to reply. Personally I feel like the likes of Livi, St Johnstone and County belong in league one with the Stirling Albion. Let's be honest, there's absolutely no appetite for local football in Perth all you see is Rangers, Celtic or English tops around the place.

The little fans you do have turn up dressed in black with balaclavas, jumping around a banging drum looking like they are on day release, whilst chanting continental football songs that are heard around every other ground these days. Pathetic.

The game will be tight and can go either way; for me its a must not lose for St Johnstone against the relegation favourites.

Thank you.

bart-simpson-the-simpsons.gif

45 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

(Hopefully if a win doesn't come your way Radford won't wet his knickers again and thump his paws on the delete button for posters and threads).

Thank you.

Wow! again a rambling monologue  from your self, you have also decided to omit your main point in your previous post which i was referring to that "Ticket sales in the away end well on their way to out numbering the home ends"!

We are a poorly supported team pulling from a small populated area  that is true, however as shite as St Johnstone have been the last two seasons we do still get around the 3000 home fans through the doors, The away ticket allocation is around 2500 when completely sold out so hopefully you can see why i posted my reply, the rest of your original quote i will accept as "Bait" and yes i took the hook,

Enjoy the game tomorrow and may the best team win. 

5 minutes ago, Center half said:

Wow! again a rambling monologue  from your self, you have also decided to omit your main point in your previous post which i was referring to that "Ticket sales in the away end well on their way to out numbering the home ends"!

We are a poorly supported team pulling from a small populated area  that is true, however as shite as St Johnstone have been the last two seasons we do still get around the 3000 home fans through the doors, The away ticket allocation is around 2500 when completely sold out so hopefully you can see why i posted my reply, the rest of your original quote i will accept as "Bait" and yes i took the hook,

Enjoy the game tomorrow and may the best team win. 

I don't post 'bait' I post my opinions on a football forum. When no mark teams like yourself don't like my words it's always 'at least you tried' or along them lines.

If that's the case then hopefully the 500 more in the home ends won't be too much of a knock to our players confidence.

May the best team win. It'll be a closely fought game which can go either way - which I'll take after years of top flight misery.

Thank You.

Edited by Dundee-FC92