Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic - The Game No One Cares About

Accent-Unknown

For some unknown reason I will be going to this, maybe it’s because I wasn’t at the league game, maybe it’s because I live a sad pathetic life and don’t have anything better to do or maybe I’m certifiably insane, not sure but the latter 2 certainly seem more likely.

We’ll also rotate a bit but I guess our ability to do is less than yours.

Edited by parsforlife

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

For some unknown reason I will be going to this, maybe it’s because I wasn’t at the league game, maybe it’s because I live a sad pathetic life and don’t have anything better to do or maybe I’m certifiably insane, not sure but the latter 2 certainly seem more likely.

We’ll also rotate a bit but I guess our ability to do is less than yours.

Don’t you only have about 20 (fit?) players?

15 minutes ago, Carmel Wafer said:

Don’t you only have about 20 (fit?) players?

We listed 19 vs inverness, our deepest bench so far,   the only possible addition to that would be wighton who nobody knows why he was missing from that squad.

Of those 19,  3 are u18 players and one is a reserve keeper with 1 senior appearance, that game being in this diddy cup.   

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We listed 19 vs inverness, our deepest bench so far,   the only possible addition to that would be wighton who nobody knows why he was missing from that squad.

Of those 19,  3 are u18 players and one is a reserve keeper with 1 senior appearance, that game being in this diddy cup.   

A pars mate I work with said things were tight, no much flexibility there 

Our absentee list for Saturday. 

Wighton (Knee - New) 

KRH (Knee - New) 

Breen (Knee - new)

Bene (Foot - New)

Sharp (Cup tied)

Fisher (Suspended)

Ben Summers (International)

Todd (Foot)

Mehmet (Foot)

Christ. 

Little

Hogan-Hamilton-Otoo-Fenton

Tod-Alan-Chalmers-Moffat

McCann-MoH

Subs

Sutherland, Comrie, Edwards. 

Could be grim. 

On 04/09/2023 at 21:03, parsforlife said:

Update- as covered bellow, of the 19 who were listed last Saturday. 6 are unavailable, our team is going to be close to the side who lost against Dundee reserves a week ago.

29 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Our absentee list for Saturday. 

Wighton (Knee - New) 

KRH (Knee - New) 

Breen (Knee - new)

Bene (Foot - New)

Sharp (Cup tied)

Fisher (Suspended)

Ben Summers (International)

Todd (Foot)

Mehmet (Foot)

Christ. 

Little

Hogan-Hamilton-Otoo-Fenton

Tod-Alan-Chalmers-Moffat

McCann-MoH

Subs

Sutherland, Comrie, Edwards. 

Could be grim. 

On 04/09/2023 at 17:51, Accent-Unknown said:

Would expect McPake to finally get a win at Tannadice with us fielding a team of children, back-ups and maybe Tony Watt.

If it’s going to bring in money then the club will care about it.

I hear we’re charging £40 for away fans with no concessions and £10 for a pie peh.

I’m quite looking forward to this.  Enjoy the fact I’m getting to watch Scotland on telly tonight, but there’s still a game to go to tomorrow.

Nice day in the sun, or at least warm, hopefully.

Not sure what sort of team either side will field, although by the sounds of these posts Dunfermline’s side might pick itself based on injuries.  From a United point of view I’m not going to read too much into the performance or result, but it would be nice to get to the next round and not draw another fellow championship side (a different, new away day perhaps).

Looking forward to this. Glorious sunny day and a no pressure game. Should see some of the young guys get a start, although most of the young ones who are on the fringes of the starting XI will miss out as they are away with the u19s and u21s. Chance for Mochrie, Graham  and Fotheringham to get a start. I suppose Denham should also get a game and we cross our fingers that he's learned from the Thistle debacle.

A win would be nice but not important. No interest in winning this competition.