Celtic FC vs Dundee FC - 16/09/23

19 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

You must be new here.
If Celtic get a result, you’ll be furnished with pages of ticket prices, restricted views, over-celebrating and offensive songs. Followed with intellectual debates on terrorists, paedos, crowd influenced referees and worthless glory. 

Enjoy. 

Maybe if you repeat enough how boring you find discussions about things that actually happen pretty much every week then people will just stop talking about it. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe if you repeat enough how boring you find discussions about things that actually happen pretty much every week then people will just stop talking about it. 

Better to set the expectation levels early. 
This thread will be a bin fire come Sunday and we all know you love a headline or two. 

4 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Better to set the expectation levels early. 
This thread will be a bin fire come Sunday and we all know you love a headline or two. 

Well maybe you could improve the quality of the thread by telling us what you learned from talksport today. 

Interesting to see how we'll cope with the intensity of the Celtic attack. I know we've done reasonably well so far but I have the fear for this one solely down to the speed of the opposition forwards. I'm hoping TD will get us having a go at every opportunity as we do have the quality to get a goal or two. It's the number we concede that'll determine the result though

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Interesting to see how we'll cope with the intensity of the Celtic attack. I know we've done reasonably well so far but I have the fear for this one solely down to the speed of the opposition forwards. I'm hoping TD will get us having a go at every opportunity as we do have the quality to get a goal or two. It's the number we concede that'll determine the result though

I know what you mean but it's not so much the speed I'm concerned about. I think Rodgers Celtic is all about control in possession and picking the team off rather than Ange's blood and guts all out attack. Either way it's clearly concerning. The positive I can see right now is that we have taken a point off a Rodgers team at Celtic Park before.

Typical cliche of 'our season won't be determined by these types of games' but it won't. I'd just be looking for a decent performance in which we test Celtic. 

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

A bit tongue in cheek from me because Celtic are obviously still the best team in the country but compared to last season the pace has definitely gone out the team.

Totally. We look a shadow of last years team. I’m hoping it’s temporary but now might just be a good time to play us.

We've 'been there for the taking' the past three matches we've played and even the two victories at the beginning of the season weren't overly convincing. I'm hoping the break will have allowed the team to become more familiar with the change in tactics from Ange to Brendan and we are able to perform better.

7 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

We've 'been there for the taking' the past three matches we've played and even the two victories at the beginning of the season weren't overly convincing. I'm hoping the break will have allowed the team to become more familiar with the change in tactics from Ange to Brendan and we are able to perform better.

There's no doubt that it'll take time for the players to adapt from Ange's style of fitba to Rodgers, won't just happen overnight. I know which style I prefer to watch - don't know what most Celtic fans would prefer.

On 13/09/2023 at 14:37, Sortmeout said:

What intensity?

Stop Kyogo and you stop Celtic.

I've not seen much of Celtic other than brief highlights so if the style of play is so very different then all the better for our chances. It takes a huge level of concentration to get any kind of result against Celtic, you've already achieved it so will bow to your greater knowledge

4 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

There's no doubt that it'll take time for the players to adapt from Ange's style of fitba to Rodgers, won't just happen overnight. I know which style I prefer to watch - don't know what most Celtic fans would prefer.

Ange. Hands down.

Rodgers side to side passive nonsense is eye bleed material.