Scotland squad October

Craigieboy

announce of October face Spain

Scotland need bring new Greslish, Fodan, Bellinghan  & Haaland for new face to atack midfielder and striker

Scotland need  new Rice, Wilson, Brooks to midfielder

who in scotland squad?

Who England players eligibile to want play Scotland squad for Clarke want bring?

Edited by Craigieboy

?! Either you have had one too-many or really need to consider the benefits of to writing in legible sentences.

The reads as a bunch of randomly jumbled together words. However in terms of the squad, going by Clarke’s previous, I don’t see many changes afoot.

Edited by greenockraver

4 hours ago, greenockraver said:

?! Either you have had one too-many or really need to consider the benefits of to writing in legible sentences.

The reads as a bunch of randomly jumbled together words. However in terms of the squad, going by Clarke’s previous, I don’t see many changes afoot.

Speak for yourself….

Doak has been added to Liverpool’s europa squad. If he gets minutes there and in the cups, maybe a few league cameos, then get him in the squad next month.

Anderson can be kiboshed until November when one cap will commit him to Scotland. Even if he plays both games in October he could still flyt, so I’d just wait until November and see if he’s actually keen.

Other than that, I’d imagine it’ll be the same squad.

Eh?

Anyway, Doak is simply a must.

1. We need to get our best young talent involved as quickly as possible, especially one who looks potentially world class.
2. Get him away from fucking Scot Gemmill playing him upfront on his own and launching long balls into him with 7 defenders in a starting 11.

Get Barnes into the squad. Anderson as well if possible  

Worried about how Shankland will feel though 😥

8 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

announce of October face Spain

Scotland need bring new Greslish, Fodan, Bellinghan  & Haaland for new face to atack midfielder and striker

Scotland need  new Rice, Wilson, Brooks to midfielder

who in scotland squad?

Who England players eligibile to want play Scotland squad for Clarke want bring?

You using ChatGPT to write your posts these days?

Anyway, I don’t think we’ll see much change in October. These are still the players that have won us 5/5 and one bad game against England doesn’t mean we should panic.

I think Doak needs a bit more development at Liverpool before coming in. Wouldn’t be against him being a squad member but at the moment, whilst he’s tremendous on the ball, the end product isn’t quite there. I don’t think it’ll be long before he improves on that though, some game time should help that.

28 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I thought , and was hoping , Lewis Ferguson would get more time than he did last night

I was as well, but given how the game was going, I think maybe it was for the best in the end. Would like to see him more against France.

2 hours ago, Kadouken_ said:

Anyway, Doak is simply a must.

1. We need to get our best young talent involved as quickly as possible, especially one who looks potentially world class. 

Ffs not this shite again. He's barely started a game of senior football.

Edited by gannonball

13 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

possible Hackney, Anderson, Gordon and Barnes 

Hackney (new Rice)

Anderson (new Foden)

Gordon (new Rashford)

Barnes (new Saka)

Irvine (new Bellingham)

Rothwell (new Greslish)

Rothwell

Any Griezman's & Barella's?

9 hours ago, greenockraver said:

He's deaf and writes as he would sign. 

With regards to the squad i'd like to see Doak in there at least for the experience of being with the players. Call Barnes and anderson up. Why not they can only say no. 

From the Ewan Murray in the Guardian

Clarke apparently has no interest in pursuing Elliot Anderson and Harvey Barnes any further. Scotland’s manager has made his case to the Newcastle duo, who must decide whether to declare for Scotland or England.

Seems fair enough. Won't keep bugging them about it but they could be called up if they are committed. Not sure how it works in practice. If he wants them in the next squad he gives them a call in advance to check they'll show up?

The squad will be exactly the same as the last one, unless there are injuries. Clarke doesn't chop and change and it doesn't look like any of the eligibles are sure yet. Doak will not make it, there are far too few games between now and October for him to play for Liverpool and be seen to have established himself sufficiently to make the squad.

2 minutes ago, albagubrath said:

The squad will be exactly the same as the last one, unless there are injuries. Clarke doesn't chop and change and it doesn't look like any of the eligibles are sure yet. Doak will not make it, there are far too few games between now and October for him to play for Liverpool and be seen to have established himself sufficiently to make the squad.

Anderson was literally in the last squad. 

ETA, Liverpool have two Europa games and a LC game - if Doak plays and does well he will be in IMO. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Here are the percentage of minutes played over all the games in 2023, so Cyprus, Spain, Norway, Georgia, Cyprus and England. 33 players in total with 10 or so who get the majority of minutes, a handful in the middle ground and the rest only a bit part or fighting for any game time at all.

Ryan Porteous has really come from absolutely nowhere to establish himself in the last 12 months so well done to him and to Angus Gunn who along with Andy Robertson has played every minute so far.

image.png.e978450fd608f6821c8680ab5e164bcc.png

7 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

possible Hackney, Anderson, Gordon and Barnes 

Hackney (new Rice)

Anderson (new Foden)

Gordon (new Rashford)

Barnes (new Saka)

Irvine (new Bellingham)

Rothwell (new Greslish)

Rothwell

I have no idea who Irvine or Rothwell are, but it’s fair to say none of the others have any intention of declaring for Scotland any time soon.  Which means they’ll end up with 10 England caps between them.