Meadow in meltdown

And we finish up with Martin Ferry……….why?????

This season is a write off even at this early stage and relegation looks a real possibility ( dead cert, I hear you say ). So why the rush to appoint a new manager??.

Ben Carson is in place…….we should’ve kept him while we had a really good look at the options. If that meant the full season, so be it.

Instead we’ve jumped in feet first again, just as we did with Spence, Grierson and Deeney……..and appointed Martin Ferry. Oh, I can see the comments on Facebook already……”Meadow through and through”, “knows the club”, “graced the shirt with distinction and knows what it’ll take”……oh pleeeaaasssee.

Still, looking forward to local derbies with Buffs, Winton and Vics once again.K

While I think the guy deserves a chance to prove himself it has to be said this is a very underwhelming appointment for a club Meadow’s size.

Ferry’s record as a manager thus far certainly wouldn’t fill me with much confidence if I was a Medda fan. 

His attempted rebuild at Kilbirnie was a disaster with most, if not all of his signings moved on immediately upon him being replaced.

But like I say, he’s got the job now and he’ll be judged on results like anyone else.

Edited by Size Five

Really hope this works out for meadow and meadow away is one of my favourite away days with a good choice of places pre match In the town for food and a pint or two, meadow Park is also a very good ground and I wouldn't like to lose visits there just like we are currently missing visits to kilwinning and we want as many good grass parks as possible and local football. 

Really not wanting to go all in for the jugular here ( gillies style) but the  only worry for me if I were a meadow fan Is that martin ferry despite being a highly regarded ex meadow player had a horrid time of it with ladeside alongside  des roache who is basically an ex ref and I must admit I was a bit shocked to hear of their appointments. 

Edited by Thejackdaw

On 14/09/2023 at 19:12, Meddaman said:

And we finish up with Martin Ferry……….why?????

This season is a write off even at this early stage and relegation looks a real possibility ( dead cert, I hear you say ). So why the rush to appoint a new manager??.

Ben Carson is in place…….we should’ve kept him while we had a really good look at the options. If that meant the full season, so be it.

Instead we’ve jumped in feet first again, just as we did with Spence, Grierson and Deeney……..and appointed Martin Ferry. Oh, I can see the comments on Facebook already……”Meadow through and through”, “knows the club”, “graced the shirt with distinction and knows what it’ll take”……oh pleeeaaasssee.

Still, looking forward to local derbies with Buffs, Winton and Vics once again.K

Feel pretty stupid now huh 

3 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

Just seen a couple players have left the medda today. Think it was Fyfe and MacNair.  Dont know if they were regular starters but it a hard time of season to look for starting 11 replacements

They weren`t starting 11 players, never at the level required, not even close! I expect to see a good few more heading out the door for the same reason.

6 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

Just seen a couple players have left the medda today. Think it was Fyfe and MacNair.  Dont know if they were regular starters but it a hard time of season to look for starting 11 replacements

Also chat about Medda would be better on the medda thread than on this ridiculous one started by someone with a clear grudge against the club 

Meadow have been in meltdown since they tried to spend the money to win leagues and cups so it's the clubs own fault u have to remember meadow were a big club in the past    but it went wrong the way they wnet about it to try and compete with everyone else the club and fans have all to blame not the managers or players but everyone over the years associated with them 

12 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Meadow have been in meltdown since they tried to spend the money to win leagues and cups so it's the clubs own fault u have to remember meadow were a big club in the past    but it went wrong the way they wnet about it to try and compete with everyone else the club and fans have all to blame not the managers or players but everyone over the years associated with them 

In fairness meadow never tried to spend the money to win leagues they actually won leagues and were very successful in doing so during the big money period , not everyone will agree with it but to say they 'tried ' is utter nonsense and they were big big hitters and major trophy winners when the money was being flung about. 

55 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Meadow won about 16 cups during Chris Strain's spell when spending big money and likely our most successful manager of all time. Gave the fans great memories and amazing league & cup wins and Scottish Cup days v Arbroath, Hibs, Queens Park etc that most teams at our level could only dream about.

Also the fans dug deep to help save the club with many thousands put in by hundreds of fans for the share issue when full extent of the financial trouble was known. After being relegated we bounced back really well under both Turner/Wardrope who steadied the ship with some great signings & then McGinty done great to then help get us promoted and became a top half team before he left. Since then and return from covid we have went through a few managers but if we did go down I am sure we would bounce back again but one win in next 2 weeks will get us back in the mix again but will be tough ask I have no doubt.

Edited by Shannon

Supposedly 24 signed players, there`s where the budget went.

Get 10 out the door and spend those wages on 4 experienced premier league players that will be in your 11. That gives you a decent sized squad that you can then supplement with players from the 20`s squad. (Bysouth and O`Hare already shown the level required and there`s 2 or 3 more that could step up now)

22 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Also chat about Medda would be better on the medda thread than on this ridiculous one started by someone with a clear grudge against the club 

Apologies, just scrolling when i seen a thread about medda, i dont usually stray too far from the beachwood thread in all honesty

2 hours ago, Hawf time pie said:

Supposedly 24 signed players, there`s where the budget went.

Get 10 out the door and spend those wages on 4 experienced premier league players that will be in your 11. That gives you a decent sized squad that you can then supplement with players from the 20`s squad. (Bysouth and O`Hare already shown the level required and there`s 2 or 3 more that could step up now)

Getting 4 experienced premier league players in won't be easy as clubs and players will demand good money to move during the season. Not saying it can't be done just not as easy as you are making out.

Totally agree, can't be letting players go without knowing definitely getting others in and can't get others in until wage bill reduced no doubt! Always a catch 22 at this time of year! 
the other thing is players are under contract , they don't need to accept a release if they don't have another club to go to .... unless the club offer to pay up their wages for the season. Not that easy to trim the squad either. Thd club are lucky both McNair and Fyfe have accepted release so easy .