Dumbarton vs Stranraer

I did say I'd never start another thread again... but maybe this one will lift the curse.

I'd say I'd take a defeat if it meant we booted Farrell, but that's going not to happen. Anyway, I'm coming up for this one, barring getting covid the day before, again. Needless to say, we really need a win here after two really poor defeats, but I don't think many Sons fans will be expecting one.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stranraer have hit a bit of a bump so who knows how this will go. It’s Ryder Cup weekend so I’ll be naewhere near it.

Likewise Ryder cup will take priority. I’d have made time for the football had it not been so soul destroying. 

I’ve seen managers sacked for much less than what Farrell has been getting away with so all I can hope for is a performance that hopefully ends his tenure. 

44 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Stranraer's last few results have been just as trash as ours. I expect Dumbarton to win the football match. We should be quite worried if we don't.

Perhaps, but the loss of Greig Young is a real blow on all counts, and Finlay Gray's fifteen minutes of mayhem doesn't help.  Wee Aggy will be viewing this game as winnable, and why not against a team that finds scoring difficult.

Has anyone mustered up an ounce of motivation yet to head down to the rock? 

I’m actually surprised at how little enthusiasm I have seen as it’s Thursday. I remember looking forward to the thought of getting to watch the sons home and away by a Wednesday afternoon some weeks. Times have sadly changed 

Theres certainly a danger of malaise setting in. We've had a few good results so far. We've also had a few bad ones. I'm not convinced that we've had a full 90 minute performance since the League Cup group games. More than just results, we need to start putting in improved performances. Not just 20-30 minutes. We need to be paying well for 70-90 minutes. That starts this Saturday against Stranraer, because we can't afford to keep struggling from one game to the next and the thought of losing 3 league games in a row is a worrying one.

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Ah f**k, don't tell me there's a chance this'll be off?

Starting to think I'm cursed.

It shouldn't be. There should be absolutely no risk of this game going ahead and finishing.

Just wondering what kind of state the pitch will be in given that it's been pissing it down regularly since Wednesday.

Heard today that it’s highly likely that Budinauckas will make his debut in goal. 
Also that we’ll only have three subs.

Not sure the truth but we are very depleted at the moment. 

Given we’re coming in to this one on the back of two pretty poor defeats, I’d bite your hand off for a point. 

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

...as Stenny sign a young striker with first team experience on loan from Motherwell.

Bobby Wales from Killie likewise just joined Alloa on loan.

Unsure if I'll make this game, I'll face a late fitness test like Declan Byrne.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

...as Stenny sign a young striker with first team experience on loan from Motherwell.

Can't understand why we signed C Wilson, Byrne could have been let go to free up a wage too, and maybe we could have did what Stenny have.

Then again...we are at the mercy of Farrell logic...