County vs Hearts, 30/09/23

It's match day and I can't see a thread for this 😔

After a half decent start to the season and a bit of optimism going into the double header against Aberdeen, County could really do with a confidence booster in this today. 

Imo I'd like to see Allardice return to the starting XI but I suspect it'll be Turner beside Randall, Loturi just doesn't impose himself on the game when we are in possession imo.

Also Alex Samuel is worth a start beside Murray, instead of the injured Sims and White. Other than that I think the team picks itself. 

Not sure what the railway situation is like for Hearts fans using that form of transport. There were reports last night of a train collision in Aviemore, with several taken to hospital, don't think it's the main North/South line though.

I'll predict a 1-1 draw.

8 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Another stop in Hearts' good/ bad journery that is this season so far.

Anything less than a win and there will be more bedsheets out calling for the board to go and take Naismith with them.

If Hearts don’t win this, they’ll be right. 

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

Hopefully Baldwin is nowhere near the starting 11 for this but I suspect he will be as he seems undroppable under Mackay.

Really don't understand this, were you at the game on Wednesday? I know that the highlights of the match have been difficult to get hold of but the red card against Aberdeen was 100% Laidlaw's fault, he hung JB out to dry by changing his mind, in coming out to clear the ball.

From what I heard, with the tragic news that JB received before KO on Wednesday, he'd every right to withdraw himself from the team but he put himself out there. That shows immense bravery imo.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Really don't understand this, were you at the game on Wednesday? I know that the highlights of the match have been difficult to get hold of but the red card against Aberdeen was 100% Laidlaw's fault, he hung JB out to dry by changing his mind, in coming out to clear the ball.

From what I heard, with the tragic news that JB received before KO on Wednesday, he'd every right to withdraw himself from the team but he put himself out there. That shows immense bravery imo.

I was there on Wednesday and I agree that Laidlaw had a huge part to play in that goal but for how long now has Baldwin been costing us points? He’s an accident waiting to happen at the moment and has been for some time now.

I was unaware of a tragedy that he’s suffered and I do sympathise with him if that’s the case.

Edited by Staggie_93

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I was at the game, in line with the tackle. The Aberdeen player had possession, Baldwin was running with him as he gets close to the box. I wouldn’t expect a keeper to come out his box as last man and tackle an oncoming player. Imo, the most likely outcome was the keeper making a tackle, committing a foul and getting a red card. Like you say there are no highlights so I can’t look back on it, so it just remains an opinion after having a good view of the incident.

I’d also like to see Baldwin dropped but it’s not because of that sending off. I think we should play a back four and again imo Baldwin is the worst of the back three.

10 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

I was at the game, in line with the tackle. The Aberdeen player had possession, Baldwin was running with him as he gets close to the box. I wouldn’t expect a keeper to come out his box as last man and tackle an oncoming player. Imo, the most likely outcome was the keeper making a tackle, committing a foul and getting a red card. Like you say there are no highlights so I can’t look back on it, so it just remains an opinion after having a good view of the incident.

I’d also like to see Baldwin dropped but it’s not because of that sending off. I think we should play a back four and again imo Baldwin is the worst of the back three.

A very distorted view.  Laidlaw could easily have come off his line and cleared the danger before Duk even touched the ball. By not doing so he left it to Baldwin to run a race with Duk which he obviously was going to lose. Baldwins reaction after to Laidlaw says it all..

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

A very distorted view.  Laidlaw could easily have come off his line and cleared the danger before Duk even touched the ball. By not doing so he left it to Baldwin to run a race with Duk which he obviously was going to lose. Baldwins reaction after to Laidlaw says it all..

It’s my opinion, think what you like, I’ve accepted that I might be wrong, maybe you should take the same approach.

Maybe the most hideous line-up we've put out all season. It is actually physically impossible for me to imagine this combination of 11 players putting in a display that is anything other than eye-bleedingly shite.

3-0 Hearts.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Maybe the most hideous line-up we've put out all season. It is actually physically impossible for me to imagine this combination of 11 players putting in a display that is anything other than eye-bleedingly shite.

3-0 Hearts.

*Narrator*.  And so it would prove.  The eye-bleedingly shite Hearts team would remorselessly stampede over their Highland opponents, who were reduced to 70 yard high balls after having their captain sent off in the 23rd minute.  

28 minutes ago, DC92 said:

3-0 Hearts.

I should say that the "3-0" here refers to the number of subs made by each side at half-time.

6 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

It's match day and I can't see a thread for this 😔

Yeah I thought this too!!! 😂 Thanks!

26 minutes ago, DC92 said:

3-0 Hearts.

I can only assume it's a 5-3-2 or similar. 

Offiah Sibbick Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Denholm Nieuwenhof

Grant

Vargas Shankland

I'm usually pretty positive before a match, but that looks honking.