Bully Wee v Sons (7/10/23)

6 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Both sides will be in cinch League Two next season, so these seething responses just add to the flavour. You boys will still be flitting between Farrell worship and pitchforking when Clyde's money team slap The Sons about.

Trying way too hard and drappin some absolutely honking patter in the process. Wee shame.

There are literally no positives we can take from today. McLean was dealt a bad hand in terms of starting with Duffy and signings but he's tactically inept and generally uninspiring in every way. He has to go now and, though it won't happen, take Thomson with him.

It’s been a while since I’ve read a match thread where it’s been the opposition supporters in despair post match as opposed to us Sons. 

pleasing result. Not getting carried away. Faz still not the man for me 

2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

There are literally no positives we can take from today. McLean was dealt a bad hand in terms of starting with Duffy and signings but he's tactically inept and generally uninspiring in every way. He has to go now and, though it won't happen, take Thomson with him.

He doesn't seem to have much courage in his convictions and ends up shifting players all over the shop multiple times per game, which is never really a good sign. No doubt that we're in a really sticky spot at the moment and I'd hope that we're at least seeing what's out there if it does come to a trigger being pulled.

14 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Having sat through that I fear I’m still no closer to determining whether we’re quite good or Clyde are simply shit.

Take a 4-goal away win any day though. 

Bit of both I’d say 😂! We are rotten.

The Pixellot camera didn’t pick up the first goal and the guy who normally films the game wasn’t there, so we’ll never know if the 1st was offside. I had a good view of the penalty as I was coming back from the toilet and have no complaints about the decision. They seemed important talking points at half time but less so now, we were so comprehensively beaten it’s pointless talking about it. 

At least the new scarfs are nice. 

52 minutes ago, SReplay said:

I think McLean’s time should be up.

I'm a bit on the fence here, it's clear progress has been limited under McLean, probably not helped by the farce at the start as no-one seemed to know who was actually in charge (given Duffy's propensity to be in the dugout and even barking instructions at times...)

However, I am nervous about who would a) actually want the job and b) who we'd end up appointing.  Given the fact the club is a bit of a binfire at the moment, and given our league position, I'd be concerned we end up similar to Elgin, making an appointment who is completely uninspiring (sorry Elgin fans).

After the first quarter of the season it's become rather apparent we are either going to scramble towards mid-table or end up in a dogfight to stay in the league.  The glimmers of hope we saw last week against Stenny were tempered by the fact that for 60 minutes we were fairly dross and also the fact that it continued our trend this season of conceding dreadful goals through haphazard defending.

This could end up being one of the most important January's in a long, long time, and if the board does stay in its current guise, they've got an almighty job restoring confidence and hope, as the atmosphere is starting to get a bit fragile.

That was absolute garbage. Dumbarton just seemed to have all the time and space in the world all over the park. We never seemed in the game apart from literally the first minutes.  If Dumbarton get an easier three points this season, it'll probably be against us. 

5 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I'm a bit on the fence here, it's clear progress has been limited under McLean, probably not helped by the farce at the start as no-one seemed to know who was actually in charge (given Duffy's propensity to be in the dugout and even barking instructions at times...)

However, I am nervous about who would a) actually want the job and b) who we'd end up appointing.  Given the fact the club is a bit of a binfire at the moment, and given our league position, I'd be concerned we end up similar to Elgin, making an appointment who is completely uninspiring (sorry Elgin fans).

After the first quarter of the season it's become rather apparent we are either going to scramble towards mid-table or end up in a dogfight to stay in the league.  The glimmers of hope we saw last week against Stenny were tempered by the fact that for 60 minutes we were fairly dross and also the fact that it continued our trend this season of conceding dreadful goals through haphazard defending.

This could end up being one of the most important January's in a long, long time, and if the board does stay in its current guise, they've got an almighty job restoring confidence and hope, as the atmosphere is starting to get a bit fragile.

The board should put their money where their mouth is and get someone who is half decent and experienced. There really isn’t any excuse now we have the financial backing. 

We were in this position before with Jim Chapman and managed to make a decent appointment which brought us a relative amount of success. The “there’s no-one out there” patter just doesn’t wash anymore. 

It’s been a while since I was as incandescently fuming as I was when Matthew Shiels was galloping down the right-hand side in the build up for one of the Dumbarton goals (can’t remember if it was the 3rd or 4th). An absolute shambles, particularly in the wide areas today.

I was very close to recreating the “THAT’S THE FUCKING LEFT BACK” meme from Alloa vs Ayr United a while back.