Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

44 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Clark has made the career decision to retire on the Rangers bench and Armstrong's career highlight is setting up Kane for a last minute equaliser at Hampden.

Those two should be cut.

Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't really see a problem shifting Tierney over, we've done it before. As I say I expect Clarke to take Taylor and I'm fine with that, I'm just not a massive fan of him.

Normally a 3rd left back would be excessive but I think if Tierney wasn't injury prone and now with Robertson starting to get more injuries then Taylor goes, if Tierney and Robertson were 100% reliable then due to his position Taylor may have been at risk but I think he is 90% certain to go.

Kenny McLean I think dropped in to Centre Half at times with Norwich last season so in an extreme injury crisis he is an option which means it is most likely a centre half who will be cut if all can prove their fitness.

Has Ryan jack played right back before? I think his defensive style and possible flexibility means he goes if fit.

Clarke may be looking at the wider picture and know that certain players are not 100% fit but can give him 20 minutes at the end of a game ie Jack to tighten things up or Armstrong and Doak to push forward and as long as they are able to do that then they may still be worth a spot.

Edited by ahemps

46 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Feel a bit for Ryan Gauld, seems he can't cut a break when you're not on Sportscene every weekend.

Perhaps he’s just not good enough?

On 16/05/2024 at 17:28, gannonball said:

Has he even scored a goal in senior football yet? As terrible as the striking options appear to be I still don't think he was ever really in the discussion tbh unless he got an actual run of games somewhere but injury stopped that start of the year.

On 16/05/2024 at 19:55, 2426255 said:

I think Steve Clarke mentioned a while back that Ben Doak would be given time to develop. If you're looking for someone's word to take.

On 16/05/2024 at 20:24, Bing.McCrosby said:

Things change in football, form, fitness, tactical requirements, squad size, player development, injuries.

Indeed they do Bing very wise. Thank god Steve Clarke doesn't listen to the muppets who seem to think they know his internal thoughts.

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He was always going to kick that can down the road as far as he could. He's waiting for an injury in training or in one of the friendlies saving him making the call because he knows ultimately he's going to have to shatter either Gordon or Kelly. In Gordon's case ending his international career if he does so.

I'm still not 100% convinced he's not going to end up taking all four, particularly if Armstrong doesn't make it and creates a gap.

Gordon has to be second choice as long as he’s fit enough which may be part of his reasoning for having 4. Kelly isn’t good enough as he’s shown at Motherwell this season and Clark isn’t either which was clear from his two starts in November. 

Not being funny but its it too much to ask that between the national broadcaster and the football governing body can mic up the room so we can hear the questions being asked.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not really surprised with any inclusion other than Doak and it may well be him that drops out. Chat is Gordon will drop out but I'd rather it was Liam Kelly. 

It is? Where?

I've been peddling the line on here for about three months that I think Clarke probably still has Kelly ahead of Gordon but I've been fighting a lone battle.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It is? Where?

I've been peddling the line on here for about three months that I think Clarke probably still has Kelly ahead of Gordon but I've been fighting a lone battle.

I didn't see it myself but one of my esteemed colleagues apparently said Sky Sports News had mentioned it. Maybe they're just guessing. Clarke wasn't really asked about it in his interview there either so we'll just wait and see. 

His response to the Livramento question (he's currently declared for England, so nothings changed) gave the impression that the eligible lot really need to be going to Clarke at this point rather than the other way around. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It is? Where?

Yeah I was gonna quote you earlier but I decided to leave you be today 😅

But yeah, I think you are only person in the country that thinks Kelly even has the slightest chance to be included ahead of Gordon

Just now, Big Fifer said:

His response to the Livramento question (he's currently declared for England, so nothings changed) gave the impression that the eligible lot really need to be going to Clarke at this point rather than the other way around. 

and his last line "he has chosen England" is as matter of fact we are gonna get on the matter for the next few years

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Indeed they do Bing very wise. Thank god Steve Clarke doesn't listen to the muppets who seem to think they know his internal thoughts.

Yeah I don't really agree with his selection so

Spoiler

Time to go, Steve Clarke :whistle

Spoiler

Kidding, only a fruit loop would have called for his head in his tenure. 

Edited by gannonball

12 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I think we will be asking, but it's not really helpful for anyone to make that public.

Just now, craigkillie said:

I think we will be asking, but it's not really helpful for anyone to make that public.

I don't doubt we will have asked, but I just got the vibe from his dry (yeah, I know) response that we've done our bit and its on the players to say now. Maybe overthinking it. 

Little or no goals in that squad at International level. If he's prepared to give Jack a chance to prove his fitness , then why no Ross Stewart , a man who would give us pace through the middle if we need it , right now our forwards in the squad are slow , slower and slowest. First squad to be heading home yet again ?

Just now, billyg said:

Little or no goals in that squad at International level. If he's prepared to give Jack a chance to prove his fitness , then why no Ross Stewart , a man who would give us pace through the middle if we need it , right now our forwards in the squad are slow , slower and slowest. First squad to be heading home yet again ?

Ross Stewart has 0 goals at international level so I'm not sure how he's helping your first part.