Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

44 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

England are taking a training goalkeeper. Interesting in the context of the discourse about four goalkeepers.

Which makes perfect sense. I'd have hoped we'd have taken Gordon in that context if he was willing. If not then maybe a senior experienced keeper in the mode of Heaton (David Marshall perhaps?) or a young keeper such as McCrorie would have made sense.

On 09/06/2024 at 13:19, 2426255 said:

I get where that's coming from. He had a number of dodgy moments.

For me it depends how we approach the game. A game we control with the ball with a high defensive line probably doesn't suit him, but if it's more bunker and counter then maybe it does. 

He needed the game time and so had to play. I think we saw a lot of that over the 4 friendlies where other priorities took precedence over game strategy. Obviously a high line against a decent counter attacking team won't show Hanley at his best.

I don't think the Finns were counter attacking when they scored their goals

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Which makes perfect sense. I'd have hoped we'd have taken Gordon in that context if he was willing. If not then maybe a senior experienced keeper in the mode of Heaton (David Marshall perhaps?) or a young keeper such as McCrorie would have made sense.

I like this idea on principle, but McRorie is 26 now - not really a young keeper (only a year and a half younger than Liam Kelly).

Slicker could be a good fit for that role tho?

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I like this idea on principle, but McRorie is 26 now - not really a young keeper (only a year and a half younger than Liam Kelly).

Slicker could be a good fit for that role tho?

Or Callan McKenna