Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Upto 5 children 6 or under can travel on your Deutschlandticket. Any older have to pay.

Cheers, as you can't buy them one as no u16 allowed is it simply a much reduced fair or can you get them an alternative monthly ticket? We've a 13 and 15 Yr old coming with us.

Edited by kilMARKnock

6 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

If you buy a Deutschland pass on the app, do you need to get a ticket from ticket station or can you just scan a qr code on an app?

QR code

Anyone else flying into a different city on 14th and making a mad dash to Munich?

Thought the chances of Scotland being in the first game were slim - beginning to regret that, but tales of German public transport running on time give confidence...

Just need the flight to be on time as well!

Stupid question probably been asked already but having a match ticket gets you a discount on trains, outwith the match day too? I know we get the fee travel for 36 hours but arranging the last train to the airport and just making sure the discount applies 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Stupid question probably been asked already but having a match ticket gets you a discount on trains, outwith the match day too? I know we get the fee travel for 36 hours but arranging the last train to the airport and just making sure the discount applies 

Only on IC or ICE trains. They are limited and need to be purchased in advance.

The 29,99€ rate may not actually be the cheapest fare available either depending on time and distance being travelled.

The free travel only applies on regional trains within the locality of the match too, remember.

Edited by Todd_is_God

35 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Think it’s just long distance rather than host city to host city. 

The discounted tickets are definitely only to or from a host city.

Some of my mates are staying in Heidelberg and then Bonn. Ticket to Bonn was €50+ , ticket on same train to Cologne was €29.90. They'll just get off at Bonn.

The way I've read it on the fan app is that I get free travel with match ticket for 36 hours but also a discount on tickets for the long distance trains. It's confused me a bit (easily done). Just trying to sort out a cologne Frankfurt train for Thursday morning 

34 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

The way I've read it on the fan app is that I get free travel with match ticket for 36 hours but also a discount on tickets for the long distance trains. It's confused me a bit (easily done). Just trying to sort out a cologne Frankfurt train for Thursday morning 

Yeah that's right. You should get a single for €29.90.

Bear in mind some trains to Frankfurt leave from Cologne Messe/Deutz and not from the Hauptbanhof. The DB app/website will tell you which one.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The discounted tickets are definitely only to or from a host city.

Some of my mates are staying in Heidelberg and then Bonn. Ticket to Bonn was €50+ , ticket on same train to Cologne was €29.90. They'll just get off at Bonn.

Aye, sorry misread your post and thought you were saying it has to be from a host city, to a host city.  

3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Did that book then immediately cancel trick on the Deutschland ticket last night and it was a doddle. £24.50 for all my local travel for 5 days is ideal.

Was that selecting it to start from the 13th of June and then immediately cancel? Wanting to do this as well, although worried if I cancel right away it won't work. 

33 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Was that selecting it to start from the 13th of June and then immediately cancel? Wanting to do this as well, although worried if I cancel right away it won't work. 

For the 14th and cancel yeah. Going by some of the Scotland Twitter accounts, yesterday was the last day that option was available. You may now have to pay the full €49 for a month. Could still be worthwhile if you plan on doing a lot of travelling.

20 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

For the 14th and cancel yeah. Going by some of the Scotland Twitter accounts, yesterday was the last day that option was available. You may now have to pay the full €49 for a month. Could still be worthwhile if you plan on doing a lot of travelling.

Ah bugger, I had so much to do this weekend it fell to the bottom of the pile. We're there for 11 days so probs worth it even at 49 euros tbh. Cheers.