Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Booked the flights. Not booked the hotels yet but I likely will. I'm not sure how much cheaper we'll get hotels in Stuttgart itself and I would rather stay there for the atmosphere on the Saturday night and for the ease of getting back to our hotel after a 9pm match on the Sunday night.

You were right of course that Ryanair hammered me for another £27 each for the right to make sure we were sat together ((and extra baggage allowance but I don't need that). All in £607 for the two of us. I'll need to look into how we get from Karlsruhe to Stuttgart. Does the free transport on trains thing only work the day of the game?

The free transport is just the local region from 6am on the morning of the game until 6pm the following evening, you'll find the map here - https://www.euro2024ingermany.com/travel/transport-networks

If the train you need to book is more than 29 euro then it might be worth searching the DB website for the reduced train tickets for match ticket holders but I think Karlruhe to Stuttgart might be cheaper than that.

It's worth looking at the map of the local Stuttgart S-Bahn on the link above as it extends out to towns surrounding Stuttgart and the trains run late so you wouldn't be missing out on the atmosphere even if you stay out on the Saturday or after the game on Sunday. We're in Ludwigsburg, know a ton of Scotland fans are staying there and a quick check on has the ibis budget there at around £140 a night and it's 6mins on the regional train or 16mins on the S-Bahn to Stuttgart Hbf.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Ticket secured for Hungary.

3 hour drive, will head there and back on the day, can’t get Monday off work.

Anyone know Stuttgart and the surrounding area? Need to work out where to dump the car so I can travel in and meet a few folk before the game.

5 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

6am of Matchday to 6pm the following evening, although that’s only on the regional network. Unfortunately the one in Stuttgart doesn’t stray far outside of the city so Karlsruhe won’t be covered. You’re probably better with an ICE train regardless, it’s only about €15.

https://int.bahn.de/en

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The free transport is just the local region from 6am on the morning of the game until 6pm the following evening, you'll find the map here - https://www.euro2024ingermany.com/travel/transport-networks

If the train you need to book is more than 29 euro then it might be worth searching the DB website for the reduced train tickets for match ticket holders but I think Karlruhe to Stuttgart might be cheaper than that.

It's worth looking at the map of the local Stuttgart S-Bahn on the link above as it extends out to towns surrounding Stuttgart and the trains run late so you wouldn't be missing out on the atmosphere even if you stay out on the Saturday or after the game on Sunday. We're in Ludwigsburg, know a ton of Scotland fans are staying there and a quick check on has the ibis budget there at around £140 a night and it's 6mins on the regional train or 16mins on the S-Bahn to Stuttgart Hbf.

Thanks. Don't have time to worry about this today but looks like travel between the two cities is regular and relatively cheap (€15 - €22) each give or take.

I'd really rather stay in Stuttgart I think but I'll look into it. There's a new (about a year old I think) Premier Inn at Bad Cannstat which appears to be about 3km from the stadium I can get for €598 for the two of us for two nights. Ultimately it's not going to get massively cheaper than that and it's pretty convenient.

One of our mates was lucky enough to get through the Uefa quagmire and get 3 tickets to the Hungary match in Stuttgart.

He used a separate email address / account as he already had all 3 matches through SSC. Assuming he is fine to transfer the 3 tickets to the 3 of us individually?

10 minutes ago, G222 said:

One of our mates was lucky enough to get through the Uefa quagmire and get 3 tickets to the Hungary match in Stuttgart.

He used a separate email address / account as he already had all 3 matches through SSC. Assuming he is fine to transfer the 3 tickets to the 3 of us individually?

I shouldn't have thought there would be a problem, only difficulty might be connecting 2 different emails to the same app, but plenty people use multiple accounts so It's probably not an issue. The SSC tickets will have the transfer button greyed out, the new ones won't.

I have a flight booked for 13th June from Dublin to Munich with Lufthansa. 
Unsure about name changes etc with Lufthansa but if anyone is interested just send me a DM. 

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I shouldn't have thought there would be a problem, only difficulty might be connecting 2 different emails to the same app, but plenty people use multiple accounts so It's probably not an issue. The SSC tickets will have the transfer button greyed out, the new ones won't.

It does talk about "your guests" and transferring additional tickets to them but it being not allowed to "buy tickets on behalf of someone else". Will you be able to transfer ALL the tickets bought in yesterday's sale without leaving one for yourself?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It does talk about "your guests" and transferring additional tickets to them but it being not allowed to "buy tickets on behalf of someone else". Will you be able to transfer ALL the tickets bought in yesterday's sale without leaving one for yourself?

Yes. They actually say somewhere that the transfer facility is partly to enable people who can't go for whatever reason to transfer their ticket to a friend.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Ticket secured for Hungary.

3 hour drive, will head there and back on the day, can’t get Monday off work.

Anyone know Stuttgart and the surrounding area? Need to work out where to dump the car so I can travel in and meet a few folk before the game.

Got an email from uefa about stadium parking at stadiums including Stuttgart.

https://shop.vfb.de/en/tickets/uefa-euro-2024/

15 minutes ago, Elrow said:

I have a flight booked for 13th June from Dublin to Munich with Lufthansa. 
Unsure about name changes etc with Lufthansa but if anyone is interested just send me a DM. 

Might have taken you up on that but the Lufthansa website says they won't do it. Scheduled airlines are worse than budget ones for that kind of thing.

It is not possible to make a retroactive name change for a booking. Lufthansa shall provide the transport service to the passenger named in the ticket only. Your Lufthansa Service Centre will be happy to help you if you require further information. If you have booked an award ticket, please contact your Miles & More Service Team.

Just now, Ross. said:

Tremendous. Just booked a spot. Will probably mean I can sleep in the car for an hour afterwards too, while the traffic fucks off…

I see there's a tube stop right next to it so you can nip into town and see your mates before the game.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I see there's a tube stop right next to it so you can nip into town and see your mates before the game.

U-Bahn and a few bus stops nearby. Just hope the place opens relatively early, never seen the opening hours when booking it.

ETA: Opens 4 hours before kick off. I’ll be there and fucking waiting.

Edited by Ross.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

U-Bahn and a few bus stops nearby. Just hope the place opens relatively early, never seen the opening hours when booking it.

Just looked at the Faqs and it opens 4 hours before kick off.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just looked at the Faqs and it opens 4 hours before kick off.

Aye, the email with the ticket mentions that also. A bit later than I’d hoped but I guess it means I can take it easy on the drive there.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Aye, the email with the ticket mentions that also. A bit later than I’d hoped but I guess it means I can take it easy on the drive there.

You could always park in town before if you're not drinking, and drive your mates to the game.. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You could always park in town before if you're not drinking, and drive your mates to the game.. 

They can f**k off and get the bus/U-Bahn with the rest of the plebs

Edited by Ross.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks. Don't have time to worry about this today but looks like travel between the two cities is regular and relatively cheap (€15 - €22) each give or take.

I'd really rather stay in Stuttgart I think but I'll look into it. There's a new (about a year old I think) Premier Inn at Bad Cannstat which appears to be about 3km from the stadium I can get for €598 for the two of us for two nights. Ultimately it's not going to get massively cheaper than that and it's pretty convenient.

Ach I caved and just booked it. It's full refundable up to day of arrival anyway.

Tickets sorted 🎫✅
Flights sorted ✈️✅
Hotel sorted 🏨✅

Still to sort: 🚄

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ach I caved and just booked it. It's full refundable up to day of arrival anyway.

Tickets sorted 🎫✅
Flights sorted ✈️✅
Hotel sorted 🏨✅

That hotel looks great for getting back after the game, half hour walk or a few stops on the tube.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Tickets sorted 🎫✅
Flights sorted ✈️✅
Hotel sorted 🏨✅

There is still availability at motel-one near the main train station £426 for the 2 nights