Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

On 02/12/2023 at 22:13, Gdog85 said:

Our plans have been a bit of a disaster. Fly to Frankfurt on opening day without enough time to go to Munich for Germany game. Fly home day before Swiss game after 3 nights in Düsseldorf. Looks like I’ll need to figure out an economical way of flying home 2 days later so I can catch Switzerland game. On the upside we are sorted for France v Austria 

This is why we waited until after the draw, i get people wanting to be there but it was always a risk and we picked up Prague flights and a Flixbus for just over £100 on Saturday night after the draw.

58 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

You'd think with the revenue from audience volume, hospitality, advertising and so on that they'd be able to keep the opening game tickets reasonable like all the other games. A 50 to 195 euros step jump is scandalous.

Is it a new thing? I can't remember them charging extra before, or at least the same price as the semi finals before, in the Euros or the WC. 

38 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

This is why we waited until after the draw, i get people wanting to be there but it was always a risk and we picked up Prague flights and a Flixbus for just over £100 on Saturday night after the draw.

In retrospect you're right, I think many of us were freaked out that the same would happen to flight and accommodation prices as happened when Liverpool were in the CL final in Madrid. Some prices have gone up a lot but as you've shown there are easy ways around it when you know the fixture list, and there were still hotels for a reasonable price available in Munich on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Is it a new thing? I can't remember them charging extra before, or at least the same price as the semi finals before, in the Euros or the WC. 

The prices for the opening game at Stade de France in 98 v Brazil were definitely a fair bit more expensive than for the other two games v Norway and Morocco. I had Cat A tickets for all of them and the Brazil ones were at least twice the price of the others. Not in the same scale though. Brazil game cost me circa £120 - £140 (25 years ago, when I earned half what I do now so it was a significant cost). 

You'd think the tickets allocated to individual associations should be the same price regardless? Fair enough if you want to charge Joe Schmoe extra for the "spectacle" of the opening ceremony, but the fans buying tickets through their own FA are only interested in seeing their team. It's only 20,000 out of 80 odd thousand and only one game. You'd be raging if you booked tickets based on a maximum you could pay and ended up not being able to afford to go just because you happen to be given A2 rather than A3.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

In retrospect you're right, I think many of us were freaked out that the same would happen to flight and accommodation prices as happened when Liverpool were in the CL final in Madrid. Some prices have gone up a lot but as you've shown there are easy ways around it when you know the fixture list, and there were still hotels for a reasonable price available in Munich on Sunday. 

Still plenty hotels for reasonable prices outside of Munich for the weekend. 

we sorted digs ages ago, we also sorted digs in munich after the draw.  

Ticket on wed. 

I had three requests for the draw. Stay away from Israel. Stay away from the English. Not in position A2

WE've wee overlaps with English games in our cities so there bound to some of the c***s about.

10 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

What is planned for the opening ceremony that justifies the increase?  I caught some of the Opening ceremony in Paris in 1998 but thought it was utter guff and wished I had still been outside the ground.

On 03/12/2023 at 13:00, GordonS said:

I'm trying for tickets for the other two games but I'm forgetting this one. I really don't understand it - it's just a group game, if people are so excited to see a daft ceremony they'd pay hundreds more, they should go to the circus.

I think it's being broadcast FTA though boys, so you could watch it on TV for nothing if you can't afford to go.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

we sorted digs ages ago, we also sorted digs in munich after the draw.  

Ticket on wed. 

I had three requests for the draw. Stay away from Israel. Stay away from the English. Not in position A2

WE've wee overlaps with English games in our cities so there bound to some of the c***s about.

Hungary in Stuttgart could be a laugh, they're there for the game before too.

P. S. It's just hit me that the tartan army will be in all the cities too. Jesus Christ, what have I done!?! 

Edited by welshbairn

Going to be an almighty scramble at noon tomorrow for the 6,333 FF and Cat 3 tickets for that first game.

I think at last count there were about 7,800 on 12+ points and you'd image in that group there will be some that can't/won't travel or can't make all 3 games. It should mean that the majority of those on 12+ should be able to get tickets in the two cheapest categories. Nightmare if you're on 11 though because chances are it'll only be the ludicrously expensive ones left, just total fucking greed from UEFA.