St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not as sorry as people will feel for Saints fans when they appoint Avril 😆

I imagine that would be a bit misplaced. Regardless of his ability, we’ll be seeing an instant improvement in results with an actual football manager in charge of our club for the first time since 2020.  It wouldn’t take anything too special to get this talented squad of players up the league.

8 minutes ago, Center half said:

Not too sure! I did hear he was acting as an adviser in the process?

It is a bit "Duck arse tight" any leaking information though.  

I hope thats all it is, he fails the "vibe test" badly for me.

4 minutes ago, Center half said:

He might be the best of "Not a Lot" so what can you do?

Mabey be a Steve Clark moment like what he did at Kilmarnock.

Aye, id rather Levein than Brown or Mulgrew etc.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

So, if the assistant rumours are true, Brechin may be hunting for a new manager. 

I'm not ITK whatsoever but I think that's exactly what Kyle was implying with his Kirk reference 😂 just took me 5 hours to get it. 

Heard the rumour too and did wonder whether he'd want to bring anyone from Brechin to work with him... So makes sense. 

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Surely that's insane? 🤦‍♂️

Aye. Hiring someone whos barely managed in the last decade then replacing him with someone whos never managed above the Highland League.

But I'd be amazed if Levein agrees to the job without picking his successor, as he seems obsessed with that, and I'd be surprised if Kirk gave up a managers job thats seeing him winning leagues and likely to get a promotion soon to be our assistant for 6 months before being punted when a new man wants a new assistant.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Hiring someone whos barely managed in the last decade then replacing him with someone whos never managed above the Highland League.

But I'd be amazed if Levein agrees to the job without picking his successor, as he seems obsessed with that, and I'd be surprised if Kirk gave up a managers job thats seeing him winning leagues and likely to get a promotion soon to be our assistant for 6 months before being punted when a new man wants a new assistant.

Is Kirk part time at Brechin 

Alternatively, we’re about to hire a former Scotland manager who has a decent enough record in the top league and a wide knowledge of Scottish football despite being absent from the managerial merry-go-round in recent years. By all accounts, he’ll be bringing Andy Kirk along as his assistant, which makes sense because he knows him well and he appears to be a talented young-ish manager who would naturally jump at the chance to make the significant step up from Highland League manager to Scottish Premiership assistant.

Just trying to balance out Random’s post here because it sucked the life out of me.