The Sons v The Rosey Posey 4/11

Fresh from their near-death Scottish Cup experience against Banks O'Dee, Sons entertain a Rose side who impressively avoided a banana skin at the Broch.

Bonnyrigg are steadily throwing off the muscular tag whilst Dumbarton continue to resemble a vintage Bentley with an engine timing maladjustment.

Will Ryan Wallace start the game ?  Will Ryan Wallace finish the game ?  Will Ryan Wallace play the entire game ?  Find out this coming Saturday.

Riveting stuff indeed......until we get a change at the helm apathy will be the overwhelming emotion.Having SF in charge is a bit like watching a favourite movie hoping somehow the ending will be different and not tragic.Imagine watching The Great Escape  hoping steve mcqueen clears that final fence on his bike and all the characters make it to freedom.

In the land of fantasy I wouldnt be against him being  a director of recruitment as he has a knack of doing good business.What he needs is someone that can actually manage a team well.

Still deranged as most of us are we will tune in or turn up on saturdays like the good addicts we are.

Me and @Clarko_son are in with the big knobs and prawn sandwiches this weekend, because we're very important fellows. As a result, I'll almost certainly be too boozed up to give a shite about the score. Last time I was in hospitality old Gilbert had a go at me for drunkenly having some verbals with the Ayr support after wee Patch Walker's late winner. Halcyon days.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I don't think there's ever been a good game of football between us and Bonnyrigg. Just a brutal, physical slog for 90 minutes.

That's got to change one day, eh?

I can remember one game :- when you were a Championship club and we were still a Junior football club we beat you 1-0 in a Scottish Cup replay at the Rock . Ah the memories😉😉🎃🎃

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹

Just now, bravehearts dad said:

I can remember one game :- when you were a Championship club and we were still a Junior football club we beat you 1-0 in a Scottish Cup replay at the Rock . Ah the memories😉😉🎃🎃

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹

Even that was 180 minutes of absolute dross. Adam Nelson's goal was the only moment of quality in the two games.

13 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹

Are you the only person in Bonnyrigg with internet 🛜 access ?

9 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Me and @Clarko_son are in with the big knobs and prawn sandwiches this weekend, because we're very important fellows. As a result, I'll almost certainly be too boozed up to give a shite about the score. Last time I was in hospitality old Gilbert had a go at me for drunkenly having some verbals with the Ayr support after wee Patch Walker's late winner. Halcyon days.

Last time I was there, this was the Dumbarton team (Assist goes to sonsarchive for that one) so it's safe to say it's been a while. 

Screenshot_20231031-2111352.thumb.jpg.03c9f579ed54beb941b55653fca035c3.jpg

As for this weekend, I very much doubt it'll be a classic and hopefully it doesn't require about 15 minutes worth of injury time to get a winner

17 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Last time I was there, this was the Dumbarton team (Assist goes to sonsarchive for that one) so it's safe to say it's been a while. 

Screenshot_20231031-2111352.thumb.jpg.03c9f579ed54beb941b55653fca035c3.jpg

As for this weekend, I very much doubt it'll be a classic and hopefully it doesn't require about 15 minutes worth of injury time to get a winner

Kevin Gaughan didn't play very often for us but he is easily one of the worst centre-backs I've ever seen in a Sons jersey.  And Scott Bannerman and Graham Connell were Grade A warmers as well.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Kevin Gaughan didn't play very often for us but he is easily one of the worst centre-backs I've ever seen in a Sons jersey.  And Scott Bannerman and Graham Connell were Grade A warmers as well.

I was about to come on to ask who he was. Absolutely no memory of him 

33 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Kevin McDonald I remember being awful in that game in particular. Can't remember much else about him, think he lasted to the January? 

53 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's a crazy squad looking at it. Grindlay obviously a club legend and Russell/Rodgers was an excellent partnership but some proper worst ever candidates filling it out. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's a crazy squad looking at it. Grindlay obviously a club legend and Russell/Rodgers was an excellent partnership but some proper worst ever candidates filling it out. 

It’s very hit and miss, but I reckon it’s miles ahead of the current squad!*

Who was the manager then? Surely Paul Martin in the season we went down? He should’ve definitely got a lot more out of this squad.

*on a second glance, I’m probably giving too much credit to Russell and Rodgers. Most of the rest aren’t great.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

It’s very hit and miss, but I reckon it’s miles ahead of the current squad!*

Who was the manager then? Surely Paul Martin in the season we went down? He should’ve definitely got a lot more out of this squad.

*on a second glance, I’m probably giving too much credit to Russell and Rodgers. Most of the rest aren’t great.

It was indeed the Martin era, we got relegated at the end of the season 

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

It was indeed the Martin era, we got relegated at the end of the season 

Yeah, the more I think of it, the currently squad is definitely better, but I still think Martin should’ve got a lot more out of that squad!

That was the first time I was old enough to properly remember a relegation, and it’s easily the most disappointed I’ve been supporting Sons. We’ve had some painful ones since, but I think that season really set me to deal with the pain you get with this club.

Edited by FifeSons