The Sons v The Rosey Posey 4/11

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yeah, the more I think of it, the currently squad is definitely better, but I still think Martin should’ve got a lot more out of that squad!

I look at that bench and shudder tbh. Chasing a goal in a game and you can bring on Paul McQuilken or James Allan to spice it up...

8 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

I look at that bench and shudder tbh. Chasing a goal in a game and you can bring on Paul McQuilken or James Allan to spice it up...

James Allan was a player.... whenever he was against us. 

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Does anyone know the latest situation with the streaming? I see they're selling this already, but having been burned a few times with it not working, I'm slightly hesitant to buy it. 

I can tell you that the Trust raised this issue with the club BoD some weeks back, so I can only assume that there is sufficient confidence in the apparatus to stream Saturday's game.

4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Does anyone know the latest situation with the streaming? I see they're selling this already, but having been burned a few times with it not working, I'm slightly hesitant to buy it. 

As far as I’m aware the stream has been working fine. The issue was with the website (despite the website folks claiming it wasn’t) but our media guy ran a test stream on another platform and it confirmed everything at our end was fine. I think they finally came to an agreement to fix things on the website which included having a backup link if the main link failed to work. Either way I’d like to think if the Trust has raised the issue that they wont be as slow to issue refunds going forward.

Edited to add: we did have issues recently with the internet at the stadium but I’m led to believe that has also been resolved.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Durnan still out and is joined by Div Wilson with Jinky needing a late fitness test. I await an unchanged line up🙈

Think i would prefer Lynas in the centre over Malcolm. He didnt look comfortable there last week and he could be moved forward in place of Blair

58 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

Lynas did fine at CB before... would rather he was in there and we kept Malcolm in midfield 

The biggest advantage in doing this is that we get rid of Ryan Blair from the team. He brings so little throughout the 90 minutes. The odd decent ball in is a luxury we can't afford, given the other 80/90% of his deliveries are awful and he is mostly hopeless on the ball. Always going backwards or sideways (which is fine at times but often he has better options to go forwards and ignores them to put someone else under unnecessary pressure) and forever getting caught in possession because he is so slow to do anything.

On 31/10/2023 at 23:17, Clarko_son said:

Last time I was there, this was the Dumbarton team (Assist goes to sonsarchive for that one) so it's safe to say it's been a while. 

Screenshot_20231031-2111352.thumb.jpg.03c9f579ed54beb941b55653fca035c3.jpg

As for this weekend, I very much doubt it'll be a classic and hopefully it doesn't require about 15 minutes worth of injury time to get a winner

Scott banner man and James Allan 

thee two worst ever to wear a sons top, in the same team no less 🙈

19 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Scott banner man and James Allan 

thee two worst ever to wear a sons top, in the same team no less 🙈

I think it says a lot about that team that we've got multiple players among the worst we've seen in there. 

I'm looking forward to today's game, I don't know why and I know I shouldn't but I am. Just echoing the above I think it makes a lot more sense to put Lynas in at CB rather than shift Malcolm back there and change the midfield as well. 

I think there are 2 very obvious things to come from last week. Play Carlo & Kalvin down our right hand side and we will cause any team in this league issues and start Ryan Wallace up top with Michael Ruth. Without these 2, we lack creativity and have virtually no threat in the final third.