Hearts v Livi

One day to go and no match thread, everyone is really looking forward to this game then.

Sore one for Hearts losing two late goals, hopefully they take that deflated feeling into this game, but we're posing a non existent goal threat just now, and i'm not confident of taking anything here. If Ayo is back we might have a chance of shitfesting a draw, but if he's still out all Hearts need to do is lob a ball from a set piece into our box and we'll stand about watching as they score.

Despite my negativity i'm heading through to this, must be off my heid.

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If Ayo is back we might have a chance of shitfesting a draw, but if he's still out all Hearts need to do is lob a ball from a set piece into our box and we'll stand about watching as they score.

He was wearing a moonboot on Saturday, not looking likely that he'll start. With Montano out too I don't think Hearts have anything to worry about; Sean Kelly at LCB and Nouble not doing much sounds like a thrilling evening. Shankland is guaranteed at least one with that big slapheid and how bad we are at defending balls into the box, probably going to stick a fiver on him scoring 2+ to soften the blow.

George

de Lucas  -  Devlin  -  Kelly

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Nouble

Anderson

Purely for the sake of something different I'd be tempted to see how this goes, but away to Hearts probably isn't the best time for messing about:

Spoiler

George

Brandon  -  de Lucas  -  Devlin  -  Penrice

Holt  -  Sangare

MacKay  -  Kelly  -  Nouble

Anderson

2-0 Hearts, but if we can get a point and avoid any injuries/suspensions I'll be delighted.

This is a must win for Naismith you feel. Already under pressure, don't win here and he's really toiling IMO.

Livingston leaking a lot of goals of late, but if they can keep it tight for about 30 minutes I can see the crowd getting on our back.

We have Lowry and Tagawa back to add to our attacking options, wouldn't mind seeing Tagawa and Oda both start to add some pace but can't see both them playing. 

I'll go for 2-0 Hearts as I think we've been a bit better recently outside the Celtic game. However  no result would really shock me as I think the confidence is really fragile.

Could be long-term value in a defeat here, to be honest.

I definitely don't want Hearts to lose, but if we were to lose, I don't think it would be without a silver lining.

Naismith has to go and we're now just wasting time with him. All of our domestic aims for this season are still salvagable. I'd be pleased if Hearts acted before that is no longer the case rather than because it is no longer the case.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 hours ago, LiviLion said:

He was wearing a moonboot on Saturday, not looking likely that he'll start. With Montano out too I don't think Hearts have anything to worry about; Sean Kelly at LCB and Nouble not doing much sounds like a thrilling evening. Shankland is guaranteed at least one with that big slapheid and how bad we are at defending balls into the box, probably going to stick a fiver on him scoring 2+ to soften the blow.

George

de Lucas  -  Devlin  -  Kelly

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Nouble

Anderson

Purely for the sake of something different I'd be tempted to see how this goes, but away to Hearts probably isn't the best time for messing about:

Reveal hidden contents

George

Brandon  -  de Lucas  -  Devlin  -  Penrice

Holt  -  Sangare

MacKay  -  Kelly  -  Nouble

Anderson

2-0 Hearts, but if we can get a point and avoid any injuries/suspensions I'll be delighted.

I like your 4-2-3-1 there. Martindale went with that formation away to Rangers last month so it's definitely possible he could try it again tomorrow, especially with our reduced centre back options. 

We’ve been a bit rubbish lately, looking a bit toothless in attack and conceding cheap goals including from set pieces. This does feel like the kind of game where we could see a reaction though. I expect we’ll be inviting pressure and looking for an outball to a speed merchant.

Unfortunately, I didn’t realise this fixture was on until after Saturdays game so I’ve ended up in the same position as I do every week and ticketless. Annoying thing is I live next door to Tynecastle but no PAYG option. Scottish Football doesn’t make it easy for us haha

Livi will sit in we all know that, the problem is they can't counter through midfield,there is  no  midfield players capable of running  from midfield with the ball without making an arse of it ..You could hoofball up to Anderson, can't see that working  either.The only way is through Penrice and maybe Brandon down the wings, to the sole striker Anderson.

I'll be surprised if   Livi  manage a shot on target.... I'm going to scrutinise the midfield tomorrow just to see if they can at least string a pass together.

I wonder if Nouble will be dribbling  in circles around himself and falling over as usual....

If Pittman is playing he'll do plenty of running  about but not with the ball...

But then again you never know.....they might actually Win.. maybe a deflection or an  og..

I've not given up on Naismith yet tbh.  Results have been pretty poor and performances not great, but there's been some improvement and he's never once been able to field a team without 4 or 5 important players missing.

I get why a lot of folk have written him off, but I don't think it's beyond reason that he can turn it round.  That 100% requires a victory tomorrow, because it's out home form that's killing him atm.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It would be good fro Beni to get another hour or so, set him up for the weekend. 

It would be good if we can last 90 minutes without players picking up injuries.

Please tell me Forrest is unavailable. The thought of his piercing runs at our flaky defence is a worrying concept. 

Nothing too serious; maybe even the West Ham Lasagne trots.

12 hours ago, crispy said:

Unfortunately, I didn’t realise this fixture was on until after Saturdays game so I’ve ended up in the same position as I do every week and ticketless. Annoying thing is I live next door to Tynecastle but no PAYG option. Scottish Football doesn’t make it easy for us haha

You can buy a ticket over the phone today from reception and collect from our SLO at the ground tonight. 

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/ticket-collection-at-tynecastle/

Feels like a potentially very sliding-doors week for Hearts

Very close to a result at Ibrox, a win and we potentially go 4th (probably 5th), and I would fancy our chances against Rangers again - a winnable final if we win at the weekend.

On the flip side, we could end up 9th tonight! 😂

Eternally the optometrist, I am hopeful of green shoots of recovery. Some more promising performances from individuals, but a team very low on confidence.

c**t of a month for us trying to pick up pts, got Hearts away tonight, then Dundee away (who just beat us at home), then Sevco at home, and finally St Mirren away. Could very easily take no pts in November.

It's normally Nov-Dec we hit a purple patch, December looks far more likely for when we hit that win streak though. image.png.4e496088c676fa09dffad41c1c2e04e6.png

Any sort of win will be huge for Hearts tonight. A team and manager under severe pressure.

The noise around Martindale probably couldn't have come at a worse time for us, as it might lift the Livi players to some extent.

Not that they're miles off Hearts anyway, only a point behind and pumped out the League Cup by the same club who will probably do the same to us.

I wouldn't want to call it.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Please tell me Forrest is unavailable. The thought of his piercing runs at our flaky defence is a worrying concept. 

Nothing too serious; maybe even the West Ham Lasagne trots.

He will have been disappointed with his performance against Rangers so a good time to make up for it.

2 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

When we sky a corner heading for the back row of the wheatfield or the main stand & a Livi player so much as tweaks a hearts jersey I’ll be expecting a penalty now the president has been set🤙

I don’t expect anything to change I soon. I am just Biden my time.