Ross County v Celtic - 04/11/23

@The Master I appreciate all your help with the VAR technology.

One concern I have is that it appears to me that unless your game is televised then the number of available cameras for VAR is significantly reduced. Therefore we are getting some VAR decisions in non televised games that are more often delayed and sometimes controversial in the final decision. 

Most of the televised games are usually involving the OF for their away games. 

I don’t think it’s a consistent and fair approach if two games on the same day in the same league are being VAR-refereed differently.

Have I got this wrong? Thank you. 

Well played Ross Laidlaw, you put a great shift in today. Never easy when down to 10 men, but credit to the side for keeping going against what was inevitably one way traffic.

The Celtic end was quite quiet today compared to recent visits. No incessant drumming or smokebombs, which was good. I hope that is due to certain supporters not being allowed tickets. Is so well done Celtic FC.

21 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@The Master I appreciate all your help with the VAR technology.

One concern I have is that it appears to me that unless your game is televised then the number of available cameras for VAR is significantly reduced. Therefore we are getting some VAR decisions in non televised games that are more often delayed and sometimes controversial in the final decision. 

Most of the televised games are usually involving the OF for their away games. 

I don’t think it’s a consistent and fair approach if two games on the same day in the same league are being VAR-refereed differently.

Have I got this wrong? Thank you. 

No, you’re not wrong and it was picked up as a potential problem when VAR was first introduced.

The caveat is that the number of cameras calibrated for determining offside is limited anyway. For all games, it’s the two 18-yard cameras and the main camera. What isn’t clear is if the televised games also add in the goal-line cameras, which can help with positioning the lines. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Laidlaw has been superb today. 

1 hour ago, LuboMoravcik said:

He's fair earned his wage.

1 hour ago, Ooooft. said:

He was immense.

Hopefully he’s not picked up a strain, that shot late on from Oh seemed to rock his elbow.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The plucky underdogs have done it again. 

image.gif.b90e56e31d2a53921a242d9b26b2305e.gif

Edited by stressball

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m not sure what’s more embarrassing; allowing James Forrest to score in the year of our lord 2023, or singing Christmas songs at the start of November. I’ll let you decide.

Listen, if the adverts are on the telly…

But aye, the answer is obviously Forrest.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Laidlaw has been superb today. 

He was impressive the save from Holm was superb and not much he could do for any of the goals

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The plucky underdogs have done it again. 

You can have one too

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

hOw cAn ThEy TeLl FrOm tHaT cAmErA aNgLe???!!!

Quite a few tweets from dafty wee Da' cSC accounts with hundreds of likes saying exactly that. It would help if they had the slightest understanding about how these things work. 

Are people honestly that stupid that they honestly believe the lines are drawn manually each time and the VAR official guesses it's straight based on that still imagine? Come on, you're having me on? 🤦‍♂️

I don't know why they don't re explain  AGAIN how it works instead of letting the wee dafty Internet muppets spread falsehoods that the VAR official is drawing a with a crayon while blindfolded. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

9 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

hOw cAn ThEy TeLl FrOm tHaT cAmErA aNgLe???!!!

Quite a few tweets from dafty wee Da' cSC accounts with hundreds of likes saying exactly that. It would help if they had the slightest understanding about how these things work. 

Are people honestly that stupid that they honestly believe the lines are drawn manually each time and the VAR official guesses it's straight based on that still imagine? Come on, you're having me on? 🤦‍♂️

I don't know why they don't re explain  AGAIN how it works instead of letting the wee dafty Internet muppets spread falsehoods that the VAR official is drawing a with a crayon while blindfolded. 

I’m not a fan of the way VAR has turned out, but basic ignorance of its operation really doesn’t help.  

The marginal decisions are always going cause debate, var or no var. 

Before it was introduced I thought the referees needed the assistance, more eyes on the field of play would be a positive. It now seems the the officials are hesitant at making decisions and are scared of making any sort of judgment error.

I enjoyed the game yesterday, but I can also see why Celtic might make enquiries about the chopped off goal & offside. Had it happened in a derby or cup game (for any club) the consequences could be higher.

A performance & 3pts is what I took from the game yesterday, so I’m quite content. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m not a fan of the way VAR has turned out, but basic ignorance of its operation really doesn’t help.  

Nor am I. Pretty much hate it. Exactly that though if you're going to spout a strong opinion on something doing so while not having the slightest clue isn't how you should go about it. 

One of my more frustrating gripes with it is also the lie that was told initially "teething problems". Nothing has changed. The referee still stands pushing the ear piece into his ear for minute after minute while we are all standing there like plums trying to guess what's going on. I'm going to refrain from ranting about the use of it with the still images, slow-mo's etc as well 😂

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

20 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Before it was introduced I thought the referees needed the assistance, more eyes on the field of play would be a positive. It now seems the the officials are hesitant at making decisions and are scared of making any sort of judgment error.

That's funny M8 because I think they're looking for something or anything that will cause inconsistency and uncertainty.