DAFC vs DUFC - Friday Night Lights

Probably unlucky to lose on the balance of play. But United knew how to score and we had Jakubiak getting the ball stuck under his feet when he realised he was in on the keeper. Thats not even just bad luck, Jakubiak just seems to panic whenever he gets a chance to score.

Todd made a big difference when he came on. Brilliant to see him back. Probably would have kept Comrie on though, as United were trying to come down that side of the park a lot and defending isn’t Kane’s speciality.

Haven’t seen it back, but I have no idea why Mehmet palmed that back out to the six yard box for the first goal. Then he got really fortunate when he somehow closed down Moult after another error. Sharp looked ok for most of the second half, but I have no idea how the second went in, he didn’t look convincing for that and that was the case at a few goals when he played earlier in the season.

I think nights like this are why they will win the league. Doesn’t need to be pretty, but they’ll do enough to win most weeks. Middleton looked dangerous and was unlucky not to score at 1-1 - shot went just past the post. Also thought the boy Fotheringham looked decent. Mochrie coming on definitely improved them, but mainly cause it seemed to free up Glass a bit more and they controlled the midfield. Also helped them not to have the number 16 on the park, thought he did nothing all game.

Not going to focus on the ref, but I have no idea what he booked McCann for, just looked like two players challenging for a high ball? Should probably add that, unless the rules have changed(?), his biggest mistake was allowing our final sub. We’d used our three stoppages for McCann, Todd and Jakubiak coming on.

Edited by CallumPar

First time this season Gallagher and Holt have looked really troubled, got to give Dunfermline's pressing some credit for that. Neither Sibbald or Tilson offer the back four much protection and that's two weeks in row we've looked exposed on the counter with Docherty missing, hoping he's back soon. Job done though, would give Mochrie a shout next week at Falkirk before Tilson.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not going to focus on the ref, but I have no idea what he booked McCann for, just looked like two players challenging for a high ball?

He caught Gallacher a beauty with a swinging elbow. Possibly not intentional but certainly dangerous. I'm not going to argue either way but when you see the replay it's not a surprising decision. 

Edited by Pull My Strings

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Agree with most of this but Doc keeps it ticking forwards too.

Tillson, I'm starting to seriously dislike

He pings a ball back to the defenders then does this stupid sprint into the final third so if the defender loses the ball he's got an extra 20yds to cover for a defensive midfielder.

Not the worst player but there's things about him that irritate me.

Doesnt irritate me but just dont think we should be giving him minutes ahead of Glass/Mochrie/Meekison. Need to keep developing these boys and playing a boy on loan ahead of them from Ross doesnt help at all. 

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

He caught Gallacher a beauty with a swinging elbow. Possibly not intentional but certainly dangerous. I'm not going to argue either way but when you see the replay it's not a surprising decision. 

Fair. I honestly didn’t see that from where I was sitting. If he caught him with a swinging arm, that’s a fair enough booking.

Happy for us to have 2 back and only lose 2 more players can't get a break with injuries at the moment.

Played much better than last time I saw us in person and against the champions and their very expensive team that was enough for me.

Ref had a mare absolutely no idea what McCann was booked for.

On to the next one!

Thought we played fairly well. Not been much between us and the top two this season but continue to lose late goals against them. I think we are going to click at some point and start getting more points on the board.

Harry Sharp needs sent back up the road. He pretty pish. Deniz didn't look much better tbf but would at least blocked a shot straight at him.

Think Bene back in that back three along with getting Toddy and KRH up to speed will see us fine.

Probably a booking fair enough for McCann but thought he let a lot of dissent from the United boys go early on, and then Gallacher looked like he was going to grab his baseball bat from his locker and go about murdering people. Think the ref could have booked him there just for being a mental case tbh. The booking for Otoo was a joke though. Wasn't even a foul! 

A decent enough performance but we don't have a natural finisher and both keepers have a mistake (or ten) in them, so for all the decent possession and tidy football we aren't going to trouble the right end of the table. Todd coming on, running past three players and getting wiped out resulting in a yellow card was hopefully a sign that we're going to be safely in the mid table dull zone. You never know, we might even sneak into fourth.

Just now, 101 said:

Anyone know how it work with the subs? We made 4 stoppages which obviously isn't allowed but is it because United had stopped play when we brought on Jakubiak then it's fine?

Seems a strange one.

Genuinely think the ref just wasn’t keeping track/doesn’t know the rules. Unless the ruling on subs changed this season, the last sub shouldn’t have been allowed, as we had used 3 stoppages to bring on McCann, Todd and Jakubiak.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Genuinely think the ref just wasn’t keeping track/doesn’t know the rules. Unless the ruling on subs changed this season, the last sub shouldn’t have been allowed, as we had used 3 stoppages to bring on McCann, Todd and Jakubiak.

A concussion sub (mehmet) means you get an extra substitution so assume that was it?

Just now, Loemba90 said:

A concussion sub (mehmet) means you get an extra substitution so assume that was it?

The Mehmet sub was at half time (which wouldn’t count as a stoppage) and we made subs at 4 stoppages during the game. We made 5 subs, all at different times (after 22, 45, 55, 60 and 75 mins) I genuinely don’t think that’s supposed to be allowed?

Surely the concussion rule should be that a concussion sub doesn’t count as one of your stoppages, rather than allowing you an extra stoppage if it’s made at half time?

Just now, CallumPar said:

The Mehmet sub was at half time (which wouldn’t count as a stoppage) and we made subs at 4 stoppages during the game. We made 5 subs, all at different times (after 22, 45, 55, 60 and 75 mins) I genuinely don’t think that’s supposed to be allowed?

Surely the concussion rule should be that a concussion sub doesn’t count as one of your stoppages, rather than allowing you an extra stoppage if it’s made at half time?

Yeah fair point, feck knows then?