Mighty QP v The streets of Raith

37 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I totally get this. 

Went from the comfort of Nike Mercurial to Adidas Speedportal 3.

The Adidas felt like some medieval torture technique and were swiftly returned as I'm a diddy amateur bereft of patience and a boot heating machine. 

It's a pair of puma kings you're needing. A fine amateur boot.

Also, what a fucking team! 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Just seen a photo on FB of the away fans.

Why were the Raith fans on the other side of the stand to where we were when we visited earlier in the season? Have the home fans changed sides now for some reason?

Also, did any Raith fans walk by Lesser and think what a joke it is?

Most away supporters have been in the same side as the home fans, Dunfermline and Thistle are the only ones who we opened the other side of the south stand for (would assume the same will apply to Dundee United as well). Can only assume it's based on how many fans each team expects to bring.

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Most away supporters have been in the same side as the home fans, Dunfermline and Thistle are the only ones who we opened the other side of the south stand for (would assume the same will apply to Dundee United as well). Can only assume it's based on how many fans each team expects to bring.

Odd, as I would have thought the home fans would be in the same bits each game so that they would feel more like it was their section.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Odd, as I would have thought the home fans would be in the same bits each game so that they would feel more like it was their section.

It's definitely a better experience for everyone when the fans are at opposite ends but I would imagine it just comes down to money. Hopefully after today they don't do it again.

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

It's definitely a better experience for everyone when the fans are at opposite ends but I would imagine it just comes down to money. Hopefully after today they don't do it again.

Presumably there's a cost opening most of the stand compared to half/some of it?

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Presumably there's a cost opening most of the stand compared to half/some of it?

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There was a whisky festival running at the ground today, maybe this played a part in it.

Not sure if the other event at Hampden had any impact on how today was organised but it might have. Cost is definitely more with both ends of the stand open though because of stewarding, catering etc.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Queen's Park apparently aspire to be in the Premiership but have built a ground that is League 1 at best. 

Their plan was seemingly to use Lesser was 'regular' league games then use Hampden for games against Sevco and Celtic, selling circa 45k tickets 3/4 times a season at minimum (depending on fixtures and where they'd theoretically finish).

A total nonsense. Hopefully the SFA would tell them bolt should Queen's ever get promotion. They already make Queen's play games on a Friday if Hampden is needed midweek.

The Queen's board have absolutely rinsed their fanbase. They sold Hampden for a total steal and have somehow spent years trying to build a ridiculously tiny ground (aside from East Fife and Dumbarton, who have one stand, I think Lesssr would be be the smallest capacity ground in the SPFL) that they can't use yet, so they're paying the SFA to use Hampden.

In effect they've basically made a really good training ground the national teams for the SFA at either little cost or no cost when the total of all their rent is added up, all to end up with a terrible ground with a ridiculously limited capacity, which limits their growth too. 

Yikes.

If they had built a ground capable of hosting Championship fitba/crowds we wouldn,t be having this discussion.Instead,their hosting games in a stadium that holds 50k in front of less than 2k

Dont get me started on the catering prices and card only payment😉

Ps,there were more stewards today than we have for a local derby 😆

Edited by Rovers_Lad

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If they had built a ground capable of hosting Championship fitba/crowds we wouldn,t be having this discussion.Instead,their hosting games in a stadium that holds 50k in front of less than 2k

Dont get me started on the catering prices and card only payment😉

Ps,there were more stewards today than we have for a local derby 😆

Still have no idea why they didn't have some terracing at Lesser. Would increase the capacity in any such sections significantly, even if they had 'hybrid' stands (see Cappielow and Somerset for examples).

Almost everything about Lesser seems to be against what Queen's Park claim they're trying to do (that the hospitality is seemingly really good speaks volumes).

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Still have no idea why they didn't have some terracing at Lesser. Would increase the capacity in any such sections significantly, even if they had 'hybrid' stands (see Cappielow and Somerset for examples).

Almost everything about Lesser seems to be against what Queen's Park claim they're trying to do (that the hospitality is seemingly really good speaks volumes).

What I can't understand is why the ripped out 600 odd seats to replace them with 40.

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Agreed. All would look handy in a game of 5 a side but lack zero heart whatsoever in first team football. Could not believe Healy’s ‘attempt’ of stopping the cross for Raith’s 2nd. You’d think he ran his heart out for 90 minutes with how slow he was going. I’m not surprised he’s not seen the pitch for a long while, unfortunately doesn’t look the player I thought he’d be 

Hepburn’s decision making for the 3v2 at 2-1 was inexcusable and the lack of strength in him to win the ball back was infuriating

Interesting. I take it Dom Thomas will be joining the 5 aside team since Hepburn is on more goals than him with much less game time? 

Jarett done okay today as he did last week however Healy I’m afraid was absolutely terrible and at fault for both the second goal and penalty.

I’m all for calling out poor performance but be consistent. Hepburn was poor today compared to what we know he can do however he hardly had any of the ball and I’d still have him over Longridge who’s created f***all ever, Paton is average the majority of his goals are tap ins, Thomas is hot and cold and has lost the ball and cost us a goal previously with not a word said (but probably still got MOTM) shock! 

42 minutes ago, MattyD said:

Interesting. I take it Dom Thomas will be joining the 5 aside team since Hepburn is on more goals than him with much less game time? 

Jarett done okay today as he did last week however Healy I’m afraid was absolutely terrible and at fault for both the second goal and penalty.

I’m all for calling out poor performance but be consistent. Hepburn was poor today compared to what we know he can do however he hardly had any of the ball and I’d still have him over Longridge who’s created f***all ever, Paton is average the majority of his goals are tap ins, Thomas is hot and cold and has lost the ball and cost us a goal previously with not a word said (but probably still got MOTM) shock! 

Hepburn may have more goals but his general contribution on the pitch over a 90 minute period is far less influential than Thomas in terms of build up and linking up play (which it should be given Dom’s experience) Thomas has been hot and cold this season and hasn’t hit the levels as consistently as he was last season but he’s still our best and most important player. Personally think he’s been much better the last 3 games and 2nd half today, he was excellent. 

Hepburn clearly is a very naturally talented player but he’s still raw on so many aspects which have been clear as day at championship level. He’s light as a feather and doesn’t know how to use his body effectively to hold the ball up or get away from his man enough without being brushed off the ball. This season will do wonders for his development but given our lack of depth, the expectation level set on him to be instantly effective on a regular basis is quite high which is harsh but it’s the reality given our squad size 

One of my pet peeves in football are those that say ‘he only scores tap ins’ to discredit a striker. If it was that easy, then why isn’t every professional striker doing that then ? He’s the top scorer in the championship in an absolute wreck of a team so far, who for large periods of the season have created absolute zilch going forward. Do people not realise how difficult it is to sign a semi competent goalscorer at this level, nevermind a 23 year old goalscorer on a 3 year deal. Short memories to the back end of last season when everyone was crying out for a goalscorer once Murray left and was left to deal with shields and Henderson up top. If only we had someone that only scores tap ins and we’d be in the premiership this season 

Edited by qpfc

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Hepburn may have more goals but his general contribution on the pitch over a 90 minute period is far less influential than Thomas in terms of build up and linking up play (which it should be given Dom’s experience) Thomas has been hot and cold this season and hasn’t hit the levels as consistently as he was last season but he’s still our best and most important player. Personally think he’s been much better the last 3 games and 2nd half today, he was excellent. 

Hepburn clearly is a very naturally talented player but he’s still raw on so many aspects which have been clear as day at championship level. He’s light as a feather and doesn’t know how to use his body effectively to hold the ball up or get away from his man enough without being brushed off the ball. This season will do wonders for his development but given our lack of depth, the expectation level set on him to be instantly effective on a regular basis is quite high which is harsh but it’s the reality given our squad size 

One of my pet peeves in football are those that say ‘he only scores tap ins’ to discredit a striker. If it was that easy, then why isn’t every professional striker doing that then ? He’s the top scorer in the championship in an absolute wreck of a team so far, who for large periods of the season have created absolute zilch going forward. Do people not realise how difficult it is to sign a semi competent goalscorer at this level, nevermind a 23 year old goalscorer on a 3 year deal. Short memories to the back end of last season when everyone was crying out for a goalscorer once Murray left and was left to deal with shields and Henderson up top. If only we had someone that only scores tap ins and we’d be in the premiership this season 

Hats off, very good response and agree 100% 👏 to be fair my response was more aimed at the person you replied to. 

Thomas has been very effective off the right and I would like to see him on the right and Hepburn on the left starting next game, hopefully Veldman has picked up on this. 

In my opinion MacPherson and Hepburn have the highest ceiling and the championship is a great level for them both to learn the game. I’m still not sure on Paton but would be delighted if he proves me wrong. 

Roll on to Partick….