Celtic Vs Aberdeen

7 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Btw, it was farcical that the Aberdeen defender wasn't given a red card for his assault on Kyogo.

I don’t know if is a red technically in the laws of the game (genuinely), but it should be up for discussion. 

For all the laughable red cards you get for ‘endangering an opponent’ and ‘excessive force’, it feels strange that a challenge like that doesn’t fit those categories. 

I winced when I saw that challenge tbh. 

Oh, and we were absolutely abhorrent on Sunday. 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know if is a red technically in the laws of the game (genuinely), but it should be up for discussion. 

For all the laughable red cards you get for ‘endangering an opponent’ and ‘excessive force’, it feels strange that a challenge like that doesn’t fit those categories. 

If you look at the red card for Maeda compared to that one in Sunday it’s mental to think one is considered dangerous and the other isn’t. 

I don’t think there was any intent I just think it was clumsy but it was definitely dangerous. 

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If you look at the red card for Maeda compared to that one in Sunday it’s mental to think one is considered dangerous and the other isn’t. 

I don’t think there was any intent I just think it was clumsy but it was definitely dangerous. 

I agree tbh, in a time of increased scrutiny on head injuries it seems strange that it isn’t. I think he has the right to go for the ball but he’s gone in with such force he’s clearly put him at risk. 

I remember supporters on here and elsewhere after 0-5 trouncing on the last day of last season, saying that it didn't matter.

Whether it's the first, last or anywhere in-between and whether it's a dead rubber or for a European place, it matters.

Celtic do not have a ounce of fear about us, we set up for 'damage limitation' and bend over for them, we write off the points and the fans have no expectations other than being well beaten.

We embrace the mantra that "our season will not be defined by what we do against the 'Old Firm'.

We've become a tinpot club over the last thirty years. If Cormack really wants to change that status quo then he needs to sack Robson, get in a manager of substance and experience that won't write off points against any team in our league.

In the meantime, we'll travel down to the League Cup Final in December in the knowledge that our chances of victory are extremely slim.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

57 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s OK lads. Bennett already cleared it up and I for one get all my Celtic news from Bennett.

14 hours ago, bennett said:

Gets the ball cleanly. 

It's a difficult one to call in my opinion. Both players have made similar attempts to win the header, although Rubezic has came in at a greater pace (which ultimately leads to him winning the ball) and clatters Kyogo.

I think it would have more merit in being a red card had Kyogo won the ball and Rubezic made contact with him after the ball has gone. These challenges often come down to fractions of a second and I don't think many in the game would expect Rubezic to pull out of that if they think he has an attempt at winning the ball.

However, we had an incident at Livi on Sunday where I think it was Goldson that cleared a header out of our box. I think it was Montano who was a fraction behind ended up clashing heads with Goldson and both players took a sore one. I think it would be hard to suggest Montano should be penalised with a red card because he has been slightly late in a genuine attempt to win the ball.

Edited by AJF

20 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

No mate obsession is spending the majority of your time talking about another club and their fans to the point you look like a moonhowling idiot and then tagging me on other unrelated threads because your cage has been rattled.

And I’ll pass on the Killie thread thanks you’re boring enough here.

No mate obsession is counting another posters posts and working out what he spends the majority of his time posting about.

I can’t be too boring if you are away reviewing my content on here.

55 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

No mate obsession is counting another posters posts and working out what he spends the majority of his time posting about.

I can’t be too boring if you are away reviewing my content on here.

It’s really not the difficult, it takes a basic level of mathematical ability and about 20 seconds of my time.

And yes mate you post an inane level of utter shite, I just didn’t realise just how much 

21 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

No mate obsession is spending the majority of your time talking about another club and their fans to the point you look like a moonhowling idiot and then tagging me on other unrelated threads because your cage has been rattled.

21 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Nothing to deflect from mate as you never have a point to make. 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And yes mate you post an inane level of utter shite, I just didn’t realise just how much 

mate.....

1 hour ago, AJF said:

It's a difficult one to call in my opinion. Both players have made similar attempts to win the header, although Rubezic has came in at a greater pace (which ultimately leads to him winning the ball) and clatters Kyogo.

I think it would have more merit in being a red card had Kyogo won the ball and Rubezic made contact with him after the ball has gone. These challenges often come down to fractions of a second and I don't think many in the game would expect Rubezic to pull out of that if they think he has an attempt at winning the ball.

However, we had an incident at Livi on Sunday where I think it was Goldson that cleared a header out of our box. I think it was Montano who was a fraction behind ended up clashing heads with Goldson and both players took a sore one. I think it would be hard to suggest Montano should be penalised with a red card because he has been slightly late in a genuine attempt to win the ball.

In that instance Montano should be booked for a late challenge 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s really not the difficult, it takes a basic level of mathematical ability and about 20 seconds of my time.

You do realise you post more about me or in response to me than I do about Celtic*. Think about what that means about you. You seem to be thinking about me quite a lot.

*as a guess I haven’t been actually counting your posts.

55 minutes ago, stressball said:

In that instance Montano should be booked for a late challenge 

Possibly, although I think it would be harsh. Certainly not a red, but the incident is different from the Kyogo one due to the speed involved I reckon. It’s a difficult call I feel.

49 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You do realise you post more about me or in response to me than I do about Celtic*. Think about what that means about you. You seem to be thinking about me quite a lot.

*as a guess I haven’t been actually counting your posts.

It says f**k all bud no matter how much you want it to, you do seem like you need a pal.

If I start randomly tagging you in threads you haven’t posted in or have an interest in then you may cause to suggest it has some meaning 😉

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It says f**k all bud no matter how much you want it to, you do seem like you need a pal.

If I start randomly tagging you in threads you haven’t posted in or have an interest in then you may cause to suggest it has some meaning 😉

elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

Edited by Sortmeout