Hearts vs St Johnstone: Craig Levein's return to Tynecastle

On 25/11/2023 at 20:36, Hendricks said:

If none of our young forwards; Tagawa, Vargas or Oda can take his place then none of them are up too much! 

One really frustrating thing was that both Forrest and Grant made repeated attempts to run in behind, but none of our defenders/midfields spotted them - at one break in play Nasimith had Forrest over and you could see him pointing out the kind of runs he wanted him to make, but whenever he did Kent or Rowles just passed it sideways and he (and Grant) were forced to check their runs. 

He might be basically a cripple now so far as I can tell, and a Rangers man to boot, but what we could do with a Souttar and his ability to pick out a long ball just now.

13 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Think that’s one of those dodgy ones that whatever the referee gives, VAR sticks to. Which is totally shite when you have shitebag referees who don’t give things because VAR will do it anyway. That’s not as much of a stonewaller as a lot of JTs think though. 

It's not - but it's a decent shout and certainly not a dive.

But you're spot on about the problem it highlights - refs seem to be either shiting and hoping VAR will do their jobs for them, or deciding that they know best even where VAR points out a vert clear error.

20 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

No penalties this season in the League, here's another 'not referred to VAR or prompted by VAR to have a look at'

Useless cheating ****s, no change. 
Multiple penalties to Celtic and rangers though.

Old firm a**e licking media not going to question the obvious bias. 

I admire the Vargas dive.

My favourite thing about it is the utter futility of it. He's embarrassed himself, he's picked up a booking, he's probably got referees with an eye on him now, and all for something that wouldn't have had a prayer of getting past VAR.

I feel we may not be dealing with one of life's great thinkers here.

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

That Vargas dive is worse than cantwell :lol:

Very funny how sheepish he looks after and his teammates also clearly a bit embarrassed. 

I like Shankland, tapping him on the chest and pointing him towards the ref - 'away and get your booking, son'.

5 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I like Shankland, tapping him on the chest and pointing him towards the ref - 'away and get your booking, son'.

I like Cochrane pulling him away to protect his teammate but also not reacting to about 4 st Johnstone players swinging for him, presumably as he knew he’d be doing the exact same thing in their shoes.