Hearts vs St Johnstone: Craig Levein's return to Tynecastle

Only took 20 minutes of Hearts not scoring for the diving in the box to start.

21 minutes for every deflection to have handball claims.

Theyre getting better tbf.

1 minute ago, Aylo vanal said:

St Johnstone are a pleasing team to watch...

😂

Aye, Hearts passing it around defence then just firing shots in from any angle has been a riveting watch too.

An absolute waste of attacking talent.

Done okay after looking like we’d get a shoeing in the first quarter hour or so.

If we get everyone fit, you put Clark in for May, Carey for Max and especially Wright in for Costelloe, and we’d be a decent competitive side with a threat.

At the minute we’re mostly just competitive.

A point here would be a good result, especially with 3 key players out, but could also see us nicking it with a goal in front of the Saints crowd.

I know Max is his boy, but I wonder if Levein will be tempted to bring the Strangler on for him to get more of a hold in midfield. 

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂

Aye, Hearts passing it around defence then just firing shots in from any angle has been a riveting watch too.

An absolute waste of attacking talent.

You've 11 men in your own third like you are playing Real Madrid.  I'm well aware Hearts are shite btw but you watch this every week and enjoy it?

1 minute ago, Aylo vanal said:

You've 11 men in your own third like you are playing Real Madrid.  I'm well aware Hearts are shite btw but you watch this every week and enjoy it?

Much like every Rangers/Celtic fan who comes away with this bollocks, we dont play like this every week.

We're down probably our 3 best players, are near the bottom of the league, and the players desperately need confidence. Anyone who expects us to turn up and play like Barca is a moron.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Much like every Rangers/Celtic fan who comes away with this bollocks, we dont play like this every week.

We're down probably our 3 best players, are near the bottom of the league, and the players desperately need confidence. Anyone who expects us to turn up and play like Barca is a moron.

So my first post is fine then.

You're losing and still have 11 men in your own half with no attempt to press. If you were playing the OF fair enough but this Hearts team aren't worthy of sitting so defensively!

It's just fucking boring.  You might be happy enough with it given your circumstances. It's torture to watch though.

8 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

So my first post is fine then.

You're losing and still have 11 men in your own half with no attempt to press. If you were playing the OF fair enough but this Hearts team aren't worthy of sitting so defensively!

It's just fucking boring.  You might be happy enough with it given your circumstances. It's torture to watch though.

We're keeping players back when you have the ball because its only 1-0 and you have unbelievable quality up front. How would it increase our chances of a result by leaving our CBs 1v1 with Shankland and Boyce?

We're commiting players forward in attack but when youre missing your best winger, best creative player, and best goalscorer, and youre one of the worst sides in the league with one of the smallest budgets, then youll fail to do anything most attacks.

Ive genuinely no idea what youre expecting here. Again, we dont have arguably our 3 best players, and are away to one of the best sides in the leagues whos budget dwarfs ours, any club with sense plays it safe and tries to get more attacking the longer it stays even.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I don't think there's been a more inept striking performance in my lifetime than the one May and Kane are putting in today. Absolute shite by the pair of them, I'd be telling them to find new clubs by January.

Genuinely forgot Kane was playing.