Hearts vs St Johnstone: Craig Levein's return to Tynecastle

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Is it any good? I think you boys have been there a few times recently?

Also, a bit of respect for the club that saved you wouldn't go amiss. 

It’s no bad if you’re up for a challenge we hold the record points in that league. Do one ya Tory barsteward 🤌

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

First season trying it.

Enjoying it so far. It's nice having the obligation to go all the time removed and I reckon I enjoy the games I go to more now.

We've generally agreed who's going when in terms of the big games and there are certain dates we've all booked IN or OUT.

Would recommend.

Weird, but whatever suits you. I go to all home games where possible, I want to go to all home games apart from maybe St Johnstone ones, so never going to work for me. But as I said whatever floats your boat.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Weird, but whatever suits you. I go to all home games where possible, I want to go to all home games apart from maybe St Johnstone ones, so never going to work for me. But as I said whatever floats your boat.

I travel hundreds of miles to go to each game. Years of doing that all the time get a bit wearing. Posted about it last season. VAR was my final push. Enjoyed it less and could no longer justify going all the time and was going to pack in the season ticket. A mate who works shifts and can't go all the time and another lad who has a young family decided the three of us would just split it. This way I still see my mates regularly enough, but am not tied to it in the same way. Can do other things with more of my Saturdays now, which has been nice.

Edited by VincentGuerin

21 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I share a season ticket with two mates. This match is very much a case of "You take it.". "I couldn't possibly, it's not my turn". "Oh, it can't be my turn again already."

I've actually gone to the length of booking a theatre trip with the missus to ensure I can't be battered into taking this one.

That's like sharing pints!

25 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Clearly he must see winning the league as a diddy trophy. 

Not sure winning the league when most squads were filled with chain smoking 50 year olds, "tactics" were just lumping the ball about as 20 players trudged end to end through the bog, and folk were able to score 40 goals a season at every level, is worth bragging about tbh.

Every sensible person knows football didnt properly start until the 70s and anything before that is effectively garbage.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure winning the league when most squads were filled with chain smoking 50 year olds, "tactics" were just lumping the ball about as 20 players trudged end to end through the bog, and folk were able to score 40 goals a season at every level, is worth bragging about tbh.

Every sensible person knows football didnt properly start until the 70s and anything before that is effectively garbage.

Tell that to the English.  And Pele should be discarded right enough. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And Wyscout hadn't been invented. 

Imagine St Johnstone will come to frustrate and get the crowd turning. Normally that's quite easy at Tynecastle but I was impressed by how patient the fans were against Livingston, think it made a sizeable difference as well.

Think we'll start Boyce and Lowry again to try and play through St Johnstone. Oda and Vargas are both away on international duty and not back til midweek so bench at best for them I think. 

Narrow win for Hearts I reckon, 2-1.

On 19/11/2023 at 18:15, VincentGuerin said:

I travel hundreds of miles to go to each game. Years of doing that all the time get a bit wearing. Posted about it last season. VAR was my final push. Enjoyed it less and could no longer justify going all the time and was going to pack in the season ticket. A mate who works shifts and can't go all the time and another lad who has a young family decided the three of us would just split it. This way I still see my mates regularly enough, but am not tied to it in the same way. Can do other things with more of my Saturdays now, which has been nice.

I had a similar deal with my dad back when I was young, fit and playing Rugby most Saturdays.

Then I got injured and ended up regularly buying the seat next door to ours when it wasn't "my" week