Highland League 1911-12 playoff

sfha

This might be something of a long shot... I've been researching the dates and results of the Highland League (so far I have virtually all from 1893 to 1914), but I can't unearth the date of the 1911-12 championship play-off final in which Clach beat Caley 2-1. I reckon it was played sometime in late Aug or Sep 1912, possibly midweek and wasn't picked up by the predominantly weekly press. 

i intend to post this work on the sfha site in the forthcoming days.

3 hours ago, sfha said:

This might be something of a long shot... I've been researching the dates and results of the Highland League (so far I have virtually all from 1893 to 1914), but I can't unearth the date of the 1911-12 championship play-off final in which Clach beat Caley 2-1. I reckon it was played sometime in late Aug or Sep 1912, possibly midweek and wasn't picked up by the predominantly weekly press. 

@Jimmy Shaker is usually fairly good for Highland League stuff

3 hours ago, sfha said:

image.png.2c15544ab893bacf6f23df38fdce96fb.png

Thanks, HJ! Someone else spotted this, God knows how I missed it as I'm use the Northern Chronicle for my initial research.

I'm nearing completion of the 1893-1914 period and am missing a handful of results for the following seasons...

DATES and confirmed scores for
1898-99
Inverness Union v Forres Mech [possibly 1-2]
Inverness Thistle v Caley [possibly 0-6]

1906-07
Caley v Forres Mech [possibly 2-2]

1913-14
93rd Highlanders v Inverness Thistle LW (93rd didn't have a home ground and had already played Thistle on 28 Feb, losing 2-1)
Clach v Inverness Thistle LW

The 1897-98 season still needs a bit of work, I'm missing the dates and /or results for possibly up to 16 matches, some of which may have been unplayed and I'll be looking at this over this weekend.

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

@Jimmy Shaker is usually fairly good for Highland League stuff

I had hoped to have gone through the papers to get all this by now but well.. babies. :lol:

I got as far back as 1978/79 and hope to restart proceedings soon. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

7 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The 1897/98 season table I have is missing five games in total. Only the top two (champions Clach and runners up Caledonian) player all 16 games. 

My notes have the same. What I have discovered are very slight discrepancies in the goals totals of published tables against the results I've unearthed.