Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

Agree. We’ve done magnificently to grind out the results we have done over the last couple of months while missing one of our two senior centre halfs. 
Now we’re missing both along with one of the key defensive midfielders responsible for protecting the back line. 
The defensive changes have the potential to really disrupt the midfield too so I fear this could be the game where it all gets too much. 

If he plays Corr and O’Reilly then Brown will be able to move up into midfield then we’ll be able to leave our attacking options alone which is a good thing and I think we’d have a couple of goals in us. 
But I can’t see that happening, I think he’ll leave Brown at CH and drop Stanton deeper which will harm our attack. 

I’ll be optimistic and go for 2-2 but I’ve got the fear tbh. 

This team has been fantastic this season but I have a real feeling we’re getting pumped tonight. Potentially only one defender playing in their natural position and he hasn’t played for 6 months and only met his teammates in the last week.

Add to that all of the 6 ahead are attack minded and I think we will be wide open. Can only assume McGill isn’t fit.

Still, it will be good to get 90 minutes into O’Reilly and see what he has, hopefully be in stronger shape for what is definitely a more important game up at Inverness next week.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Can see this going the distance tbh. Two fairly evenly matched teams as the draw and two narrow wins/losses attest to. It's cold enough the now, can see it being proper freezing if it's still going at 10.15 or thereabouts.

Not a chance with our defence tonight.

I'm thinking we might be going 3 atb with mullin and connolly as wingbacks looking at that lineup. Will be interesting to see how we do line up formation wise. 

5 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Why is Gordon Brown all over this? 

Probably because he's a rovers fan.