Hearts v Rangers

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Ach, whatever.

Thought we'd lose. We lost.

Actually a decent night. Stay in third and all serious rivals lost.

Move on.

Largely agree with that, as the shite, the sheep and the midden were despatched

We still need better movement and if we're 1 down then the forward pass should be the absolute default setting as the risk of 0-2 versus 1-1 makes no difference to the outcome

collum is a welt and exhibits the same behaviour as beaton does when refereeing a mhank match, i.e. not letting the mask slip; utter welt

We're not good enough at shooting on sight either; just ******* hit it as best you can; it'll come to nothing anyway if you don't

26 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

A lot of people making the point that Gordon being fit put pressure on Clark and caused his mistakes.

I don't buy it. Clark makes mistakes all the time.

Even if it’s true, it doesn’t really say much for the man. 

36 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

A lot of people making the point that Gordon being fit put pressure on Clark and caused his mistakes.

Anyone thinking that presumably think the majority of clubs run with one goalkeeper. 

I don't know Zander Clark, but I'm fully comfortable in saying that his issues with goalkeeping are not caused by availability of another goalkeeper 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone thinking that presumably think the majority of clubs run with one goalkeeper. 

I don't know Zander Clark, but I'm fully comfortable in saying that his issues with goalkeeping are not caused by availability of another goalkeeper 

I think it is a wee bit different in that the returning keeper was the established number one, and probably the club's best ever goalkeeper.

I can see why in some situations it would be a consideration.

I just think Clark makes so many mistakes on a regular basis that there's no reason to assume it's a factor with him. He's just a keeper that makes mistakes.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think it is a wee bit different in that the returning keeper was the established number one, and probably the club's best ever goalkeeper.

I can see why in some situations it would be a consideration.

I just think Clark makes so many mistakes on a regular basis that there's no reason to assume it's a factor with him. He's just a keeper that makes mistakes.

To give him his due, I thought was pretty good last night. Your problems were firmly at the other end of the pitch. A game that had draw written all over it not converted. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

To give him his due, I thought was pretty good last night. Your problems were firmly at the other end of the pitch. A game that had draw written all over it not converted. 

He often makes decent saves. It's just that he'll then go on to f**k up something simple. You can't rely on him.

Hearts haven't been good going forward all season. If shankland gets injured, we'll need to just shut the club down.

Clarks an average top flight keeper. 

Sometimes hes better, sometimes hes worse. Hes been like that for years. 

Theres zero chance he'll keep Gordon out the time by performing well.

38 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Watched the game , recorded it , then watched it again. Analysed our tactics, formation, substitutions, movement on and off the ball , tackles, fouls, shots on goal etc and it’s glaringly obvious and easy to summarise.

Wullie Collum is an utter c**t 

You must really hate yourself.

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Watched the game , recorded it , then watched it again. Analysed our tactics, formation, substitutions, movement on and off the ball , tackles, fouls, shots on goal etc and it’s glaringly obvious and easy to summarise.

Wullie Collum is an utter c**t 

29 minutes ago, Empty It said:

You must really hate yourself.

I think UTN should confess to us all whatever is on his conscience and move on with life.

No need to be torturing yourself like that.

I'm not feeling well so I couldn't go and I principally followed the game by reading this thread live

Having now seen the highlights I was surprised that Zander Clark's 'blunder' at the goal was no more heinous than coming off second best in a one on one after being left isolated by the players in front of him

I'm sure that if Forrest or Vargas finds himself in that position and the goalkeeper won then people would be equally furious

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm not feeling well so I couldn't go and I principally followed the game by reading this thread live

Having now seen the highlights I was surprised that Zander Clark's 'blunder' at the goal was no more heinous than coming off second best in a one on one after being left isolated by the players in front of him

I'm sure that if Forrest or Vargas finds himself in that position and the goalkeeper won then people would be equally furious

There's plenty of blame for the goal before it gets near Clark. Really poor right through the midfield and defence.

His thing for dropping the ball and forgetting how to do simple things is an ongoing concern, though.

4 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Funnily enough, he very rarely does.

It's possible that he's more likely to do it in European games or against the old firm which are the games that @Central Belt Caleyis more likely to see on TV

Somebody else could check the historic record to see if it supports my hypothesis, if they're bored and don't have anything else to do

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's possible that he's more likely to do it in European games or against the old firm which are the games that @Central Belt Caleyis more likely to see on TV

Somebody else could check the historic record to see if it supports my hypothesis, if they're bored and don't have anything else to do

You’re probably right there, I watched the two games against Rosenborg in the qualifiers and he made a half time sub in both of them. Just assumed it was a regular thing for Naismith :lol:

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

He's a mediocre Premiership keeper who makes mistakes from time to time, but I thought he seemed particularly nervy last night. The ball he dropped for no reason was bizarre and would've been the worst goal he's conceded for us by a considerable distance, maybe only rivalled by one at Rugby Park last season.

Some people will point to the recent Scotland game, but he's rarely made howlers like that for us. That was likely another case where he knew he shouldn't really have been playing (lack of options notwithstanding).

And responding to some other posts, he did make some good saves, but that was the instinctive stuff rather than decision-making/handling.

Clark is fine. Obviously we have been spoiled by CG so it's difficult to compare. I think part of Clark's problem is that his mistakes somehow look very calamitous so they stick in the mind 

The defence was way more culpable for the goal, although Zander does make an arse of it. Has to be said that the run by Sima probably contributes to Clark looking out of position. 

I would say that most clubs in the top flight would take Clark as their 1st choice