Killie v Celtic

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My question would be that how can you not be a sectarian bigot when you choose to sign up to support an institution that’s in essence sectarian and bigoted ?

Thats not aimed at any Celtic, or indeed Rangers fans in particular, it’s just an opinion.

Very obvious and entirely correct.

People get very upset when you point it out though.

On 11/12/2023 at 13:23, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nonsense, grass pitches deteriorate in the winter and can't be kept perfect, no matter how much money you chuck at it with ground staff, the growing season is over. Some will even turn into ploughed fields, total nonsense argument trying to portray Grass pitches as perfect bowling greens 'conducive for playing good football'.

Of course you could always advocate for a fairer league, where clubs get a better share of the money, making it more competitive, but no, lets focus on the plastic pitches.

Celtic have more money than they know what to do with yet look at the state it gets into.  

image.png

2 hours ago, bennett said:

I haven't seen the pitch at Starks so I can't really comment on it. I mentioned the other day about Falkirks pitch looking decent and it didn't seem to affect the play in their game against Dundee United. 

The two premiership artificial pitches are terrible though and even Kilmarnock's current manager has previously slated them.

I'm pretty confident you'd be saying the exact same thing if any of the lower league teams playing on an artificial pitch got promoted to the top flight, and Sevco had to play games on it. 

They're tested and have to go through a lot more checks than grass pitches, if there was any problem regarding their playing condition, i highly doubt they'd be allowed in any league. Aesthetically they look like worn carpets on the telly, but again, grass pitches at this time of the year, and in the coming  winter months, aint no oil paintings themselves. But grass pitches seem to get a free pass from how shite they look, and are to play on at this time of the season, and are seen through summertime tinted glasses.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic have more money than they know what to do with yet look at the state it gets into.  

image.png

Yeah they'll roll it to try and flatter down the pitch, but as soon as you start playing on it again, it'll cut up even more. When the grass isn't growing to repair the damage, there isn't a lot you can do at this time of the year. People tend to ignore the ball bobbling on grass pitches that are getting cut up though, and only see what they want to see.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah they'll roll it to try and flatter down the pitch, but as soon as you start playing on it again, it'll cut up even more. When the grass isn't growing to repair the damage, there isn't a lot you can do at this time of the year. People tend to ignore the ball bobbling on grass pitches that are getting cut up though, and only see what they want to see.

Theirs is a highbrid like ours is. Ours is still looking good… just the team that aren’t.

6 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Totally agree.  you know what they are all about, it's not some kind of secret you find out when you start supporting.

People could be a fan of the club growing up because mum/dad uncle etc supported them and took them to the game but when you grow an adult brain or mind you would stand there thinking f**k this for a laugh as soon as you could. 

As I’ve said multiple times before there are questions to be asked about any adult who chooses to regularly take their child into this environment. What are they teaching the kids by doing so?

I have enough worries about people shouting and swearing at the football around my young daughter and nephew never mind having them learn every fortnight about the benefits of the IRA or other terror groups which Celtic fans celebrate.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

As I’ve said multiple times before there are questions to be asked about any adult who chooses to regularly take their child into this environment. What are they teaching the kids by doing so?

I have enough worries about people shouting and swearing at the football around my young daughter and nephew never mind having them learn every fortnight about the benefits of the IRA or other terror groups which Celtic fans celebrate.

That's a fair shout mate. 

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

That's a fair shout mate. 

Absolutely is yes. My next door neighbour is/was a Rangers fan and had that exact same moral dilemma, and got him and his son ST's for Livingston games, just couldn't see it being right to subject his son to that environment. 

I've seen Sevco fans saying they can separate it from just following their team, but it is ingrained into the club's being, they even pander to the bigots. And why would you subject your kids to it, having to explain the sectarianism should be what, ignored? It isn't going away because it's part of them and their rivalry with one another.  

30 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

And why would you subject your kids to it, having to explain the sectarianism should be what, ignored? It isn't going away because it's part of them and their rivalry with one another.  

This is the crux of it. The moral message to your weans is abhorrent.

You need to acknowledge that this football club's fanbase are bigots, and that's bad, and the club encourage it,and profit from it, which is bad, but, despite there being dozens of other fitba clubs to support, we're sticking with the bigots. Fucking insane. You're telling your kids that you know what bigotry is, and that you're cool with it as a part of your leisure time. I'm not a parent myself, I'm happy judging these people as utter failures at the job.

But it won't seem that bad if you are indeed an actual bigot. Which, well, an awful lot of them are.

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is the crux of it. The moral message to your weans is abhorrent.

You need to acknowledge that this football club's fanbase are bigots, and that's bad, but, despite there being dozens of other fitba clubs to support, we're sticking with the bigots. Fucking insane. You're telling your kids that you know what bigotry is, and that you're cool with it as a part of your leisure time. I'm not a parent myself, I'm happy judging these people as utter failures at the job.

But it won't seem that bad if you are indeed an actual bigot. Which, well, an awful lot of them are.

What do you tell your kids thought at Tynecastle when they hear about being up to their knees in ****** blood?

I know it's nowhere near as bad as the OF but Hearts IMO, are the only other team in the top flight with an (albeit small % of their support) issue with bigotry. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

What do you tell your kids thought at Tynecastle when they hear about being up to their knees in ****** blood?

I know it's nowhere near as bad as the OF but Hearts IMO, are the only other team in the top flight with an (albeit small % of their support) issue with bigotry. 

This has been done ad nauseum on here. Hearts have bigots in their support, but it's nowhere near as widespread and it's not a fundamental part of supporting the club. I spent about fifteen years going on a couple of Hearts buses every week and never heard a sectarian song. I've successfully challenged people singing sectarian songs. I've seen others do likewise. Sectarianism at Tynecastle is vanishingly rare, and the same is true at away games.

Some people talk as if Tynecastle today is like it was in the 80s, but it's really not.

It's not remotely comparable.

14 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

There is nothing to like, it’s just an utterly stupid and nonsensical question which only makes you look like a fud 

Calm down, I was just trying to introduce a wee bit of levity as  you were taking the brunt of our questions, given no other celtic fans stepped up. 

You struggled with the harder questions regarding your complicity as part of a Celtic support which tacitly condones vile behaviour and applies whataboutery whenever pressed to justify their chosen stance*.

There was no mention of even the most obvious answers like fan pressure group protests or boycotting games until the club actually does something. 

Nope. Much easier to sit back and blame it on 'a few' wee neds.

Again, if it truly is a small minority, it should be easy to stamp out by the vast majority who gallantly fight for every cause, given you are the self proclaimed best fans in the world?

So what is stopping you guys? 

Is it not a small minority?

Or do you not actually mind it, because, well, rangers do it too?

*just as your sevco brothers across the city do, to be fair.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Took my boys to Celtic games for years. One holds a sports development position for the council with children with additional support needs and works for the Celtic foundation also a coach, he spent this week giving out free meals. He also represents Scotland for Taekwondo. 

My second son is a current British Champion at Taekwondo and won a bronze medal at the World Championships, he is also doing his degree in sports development and is about to start a placement at St Mirren

My other boy is studying Law at Edinburgh Uni.

So yeah taking them to watch Celtic has had a massive detrimental impact on their development and behaviour as young men.

Good parenting is a 24/7 job not just for 90 mins on a Saturday. You educate them and teach them how to be better than what’s come before them. 

And just to add my dad took me to Celtic games in the 80’s and 90’s when it was probably worse than it is now, he taught me values and right from wrong and I made a choice at a young age to join the Armed Forces. How can that be the career path of choice for someone who must have been brought up with bigotry? 

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, StringVesto Slipher said:

Calm down, I was just trying to introduce a wee bit of levity as  you were taking the brunt of our questions, given no other celtic fans stepped up. 

You struggled with the harder questions regarding your complicity as part of a Celtic support which tacitly condones vile behaviour and applies whataboutery whenever pressed to justify their chosen stance*.

There was no mention of even the most obvious answers like fan pressure group protests or boycotting games until the club actually does something. 

Nope. Much easier to sit back and blame it on 'a few' wee neds.

Again, if it truly is a small minority, it should be easy to stamp out by the vast majority who gallantly fight for every cause, given you are the self proclaimed best fans in the world?

So what is stopping you guys? 

Is it not a small minority?

Or do you not actually mind it, because, well, rangers do it too?

*just as your sevco brothers across the city do, to be fair.

I answered your questions, no struggle here . It does seem like you struggle with the answers though as they don’t seem to fit with the narrative you are trying to portray. That’s a you problem though