Killie v Celtic

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Took my boys to Celtic games for years. One holds a sports development position for the council with children with additional support needs and works for the Celtic foundation also a coach, he spent this week giving out free meals. He also represents Scotland for Taekwondo. 

My second son is a current British Champion at Taekwondo and won a bronze medal at the World Championships, he is also doing his degree in sports development and is about to start a placement at St Mirren

My other boy is studying Law at Edinburgh Uni.

So yeah taking them to watch Celtic has had a massive detrimental impact on their development and behaviour as young men.

Good parenting is a 24/7 job not just for 90 mins on a Saturday. You educate them and teach them how to be better than what’s come before them. 

So you can be decent at sport or a potential lawyer and not be a bigot. Good to know.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I answered your questions, no struggle here . It does seem like you struggle with the answers though as they don’t seem to fit with the narrative you are trying to portray. That’s a you problem though

No narrative here. Just trying to help make things better.

Your answer was that you do nothing to stop fellow celtic fans from singing vile songs for fear of being attacked by them. 

I replied that you, like the rest of the celtic fans who observe this and do nothing, are complicit.

I then suggested that if the bigots truly are small in number (which fits your agenda, but is not the experience if other clubs), then why can't the overwhelming mass of 'good' celtic fans do something about it?

They can't all be scared to upset these nasty bigots. 

Or is it in fact a much larger proportion of the celtic support who belt out these songs?

You've avoided that question several times now, and seem to be a bit annoyed by it.

I apologise if I've upset you, but I'm only trying to help you help your club rid itself of your bigotry problem, as you guys seem either unable or perhaps unwilling to do anything effective.

We do agree that celtic has a problem with bigotry yes?

I later pointed out a couple of methods which could help you start to root out the problem, but you just ignored that part.

Look, we can go back and forth all night, but celtic and rangers need to be given the chance to do something themselves first.

Ultimately if you want to be rid of bigotry in your support, surely it's time the good folk in your support stepped up to the plate? 

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Took my boys to Celtic games for years. One holds a sports development position for the council with children with additional support needs and works for the Celtic foundation also a coach, he spent this week giving out free meals. He also represents Scotland for Taekwondo. 

My second son is a current British Champion at Taekwondo and won a bronze medal at the World Championships, he is also doing his degree in sports development and is about to start a placement at St Mirren

My other boy is studying Law at Edinburgh Uni.

So yeah taking them to watch Celtic has had a massive detrimental impact on their development and behaviour as young men.

Good parenting is a 24/7 job not just for 90 mins on a Saturday. You educate them and teach them how to be better than what’s come before them. 

And just to add my dad took me to Celtic games in the 80’s and 90’s when it was probably worse than it is now, he taught me values and right from wrong and I made a choice at a young age to join the Armed Forces. How can that be the career path of choice for someone who must have been brought up with bigotry? 

Do you want a medal for not falling into the Celtic bigotry trap?

Good for you though, so what about the thousands of Celtic fans who were singing about the IRA at the weekend? Did all of them learn that at school, at home or away from Celtic Park and by some absolute miracle when they all gather at Celtic games they start to sing about it and all that learning they’ve done away from the ground kicks in? 

You wonder why thousands of people at other grounds, despite probably going to the same schools, work places, pubs etc as these thousands of Celtic fans who DO engage in the terrorist supporting chants and songs, don’t magically all break into songs about the IRA at our grounds too. Why would that be? Why have Kilmarnock fans who were educated in much the same way or most likely brought up in a similar way never started chanting “Oh Ah Up the Ra”? 

I would guess that they learned that behaviour following Celtic and that’s why they demonstrate that behaviour whilst watching Celtic. Unless you’ve got a better explanation? 

12 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

In fairness, Jinky is a decent chap and can't be held responsible for the failings of some of those he shares Celtic Park with.

No of course not and most fans of all clubs on here are ok but the problem (I believe) that mostly follows Celtic and Rangers (and society around their followers in general) will only stop when people stop going “well that’s not me” or saying “well but….” instead of just going “Aye our fans are scumbags” when people bring it up.

Maybe if more Celtic fans took the view that bigot = scumbag to the point where it became really unacceptable for anyone to say anything bigoted at games then something would change.

I haven’t ever really heard racism at the football but I started going in 1995 roughly and even back then racism was really unacceptable……whereas I’m sure in the 70s and 80s it was heard and accepted a lot more at football. We’ve managed to (to a large success mostly) weed out things like racism and homophobia at football but for bigotry it just won’t shift.

Not to say that Jinky or this website could fix it but I definitely think if Celtic fans started to treat the bigots as absolute pariahs instead of skirting around the issue with “well…….but” then maybe something would change.

As per my earlier post if people aren’t learning this behaviour following Celtic then where are they learning it? 

Edited by Sortmeout

2 hours ago, StringVesto Slipher said:

No narrative here. Just trying to help make things better.

Your answer was that you do nothing to stop fellow celtic fans from singing vile songs for fear of being attacked by them. 

I replied that you, like the rest of the celtic fans who observe this and do nothing, are complicit.

I then suggested that if the bigots truly are small in number (which fits your agenda, but is not the experience if other clubs), then why can't the overwhelming mass of 'good' celtic fans do something about it?

They can't all be scared to upset these nasty bigots. 

Or is it in fact a much larger proportion of the celtic support who belt out these songs?

You've avoided that question several times now, and seem to be a bit annoyed by it.

I apologise if I've upset you, but I'm only trying to help you help your club rid itself of your bigotry problem, as you guys seem either unable or perhaps unwilling to do anything effective.

We do agree that celtic has a problem with bigotry yes?

I later pointed out a couple of methods which could help you start to root out the problem, but you just ignored that part.

Look, we can go back and forth all night, but celtic and rangers need to be given the chance to do something themselves first.

Ultimately if you want to be rid of bigotry in your support, surely it's time the good folk in your support stepped up to the plate? 

It isn’t my job to police a fanbase, I pay my money to just go a watch the football and have 90 minutes of escape. It’s the one thing that when i came out of the forces that helps me escape from what’s in my head. 

What my job is however to ensure that my children are brought up in way and educated in such a way that they understand that this is unacceptable, that’s my job. 

And don’t worry about upsetting me, you don’t have the talent for that but if you want me to hold me responsible because it’s easier for you to think Celtic fan = bigot then crack on, there is only so long can argue with stupid before you have to question your own intelligence 😉

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

No of course not and most fans of all clubs on here are ok but the problem (I believe) that mostly follows Celtic and Rangers (and society around their followers in general) will only stop when people stop going “well that’s not me” or saying “well but….” instead of just going “Aye our fans are scumbags” when people bring it up.

Maybe if more Celtic fans took the view that bigot = scumbag to the point where it became really unacceptable for anyone to say anything bigoted at games then something would change.

I haven’t ever really heard racism at the football but I started going in 1995 roughly and even back then racism was really unacceptable……whereas I’m sure in the 70s and 80s it was heard and accepted a lot more at football. We’ve managed to (to a large success mostly) weed out things like racism and homophobia at football but for bigotry it just won’t shift.

Not to say that Jinky or this website could fix it but I definitely think if Celtic fans started to treat the bigots as absolute pariahs instead of skirting around the issue with “well…….but” then maybe something would change.

As per my earlier post if people aren’t learning this behaviour following Celtic then where are they learning it? 

Mate you can’t really say that about old firm fans then say you’ve never heard racism at the football when our fans sing about black b*****ds on a weekly basis. 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Do you want a medal for not falling into the Celtic bigotry trap?

Good for you though, so what about the thousands of Celtic fans who were singing about the IRA at the weekend? Did all of them learn that at school, at home or away from Celtic Park and by some absolute miracle when they all gather at Celtic games they start to sing about it and all that learning they’ve done away from the ground kicks in? 

You wonder why thousands of people at other grounds, despite probably going to the same schools, work places, pubs etc as these thousands of Celtic fans who DO engage in the terrorist supporting chants and songs, don’t magically all break into songs about the IRA at our grounds too. Why would that be? Why have Kilmarnock fans who were educated in much the same way or most likely brought up in a similar way never started chanting “Oh Ah Up the Ra”? 

I would guess that they learned that behaviour following Celtic and that’s why they demonstrate that behaviour whilst watching Celtic. Unless you’ve got a better explanation? 

A medal? No i have those and they were hard earned 

You said there are questions to be asked of parents who take their kids to watch Celtic and what they are teaching them so I’m doing you the courtesy of answering it from my own experience of it.

Many of you complain that we don’t answer these questions but when we do you don’t like the answers given. I’m responsible for how I bring up my kids, I’m not responsible for how thousands of others bring up or have brought up theirs 

Just now, Jinky67 said:

A medal? No i have those and they were hard earned 

You said there are questions to be asked of parents who take their kids to watch Celtic and what they are teaching them so I’m doing you the courtesy of answering it from my own experience of 

I’m responsible for how I bring up my kids, I’m not responsible for how thousands of others bring up or have brought up theirs 

Agreed.