Cove v Alloa

9 hours ago, printer said:

Who would have thought starting Kev regularly and playing him more centrally would lead to goals? None of us saw that coming. 🤔

One of Rice's many failings. Kev should be one of the first names on the team sheet, and even when he did play him it was out of position. Such a clever player, still the best attacking midfielder at the club and an absolute legend.

Edited by Magic Hat

I wanted to go to this one, but a horrible flu bug picked up on Friday put paid to that. This must be our best result so far this season, capped off with some scenes at the end.

I also like that Andy is putting Cawley in a central role, that pass for QC was sublime.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't head back down to England that's where the money is at even the lower echelons. 12 league goals before Christmas is a decent return and won't have gone unnoticed. I didn't mind Burrell at us we've had worse, there's no doubting the lad can finish, his work rate wasn't always what it should have been though and I think that was what made McGlynn's mind up to get rid. 

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't head back down to England that's where the money is at even the lower echelons. 12 league goals before Christmas is a decent return and won't have gone unnoticed. I didn't mind Burrell at us we've had worse, there's no doubting the lad can finish, his work rate wasn't always what it should have been though and I think that was what made McGlynn's mind up to get rid. 

He might be tempted by a Scottish Championship offer but I would agree with you. Likely he heads back down south.

National League is likely were he'll end up in my opinion. Dipo Akinyemi looked different class in the Championship last season and he's now at that level. Clearly they can pay substantial wages. Don't see Rumarn getting a EL2 club off the back of his run with us so far.

Late to give my thoughts on the game but after a lacklustre and quite passive first half by both teams in the blowy conditions we sneaked a narrow lead thanks to Rumarn's pace in behind and neat finish. Wasn't much in the first half to be honest, neither side broke lines or had real goal scoring chances.

Second half belonged to the Wasps who definitely upped their game and attacking threat without looking at their imperious best. Thought we'd need a second to grab all three points but only one team looked like they had a desire to score second half.

We lost the midfield for considerable spells and the space between McGowan and Sena and Burrell was huge at times and therefore we created little to nothing. Was an easy afternoon for PJ. We had 2 SOT the whole game, one being the goal and I can't even remember the other. Only 2 corners as well, both after 75th minute.

Personally I thought the equaliser would come but must admit never thought we'd lose the match in the dying seconds. That's a poor a performance by us since our last league defeat (also against the Wasps) and just shows how much we rely on Fyvie and how devoid of any creativity we are without him. Not many Cove players who excelled on the day sadly.

From a Cove perspective it's disappointing how little game changing options we have. Kyle Connell and Scott Williamson, the most attacking of the lot, did come on in an attempt to find the win but barely touched the ball and the tactic backfired. The other options on the bench were kids who have barely played any competitive senior football. We need the upcoming window to let some go and to bring in others.

Big 3 points for Alloa after the well earned draw against Accies. Good chance to put a run together although a tricky opponent next in the Mighty Mo.

Edited by CoveRangers1922