Queen's Park ⚫⚪ v Dundee United 🟠⚫ - 22nd December

Thought I would give this a go. Friday night game and it's on TV. United looking to bounce back after their first league defeat and Queen's looking increasingly unlikely win. Even if a new manager is appointed, not sure what can be done in the time available with the current squad. Can only see this going one way ........ home win 😂😳

Fortunately I'm working.  Unfortunately I should be back in time to maybe catch the second half on TV.

No question what the result will be (away win), only questions are a) how many will Utd win by, and b) whether QP could co-locate the cow's arse and banjo and actually score.

Really important game for United this.  We are struggling to find any kind of form at the minute, with several players out of sorts and a real gap between promising moments being turned into goals.

If we don’t win on Friday then, with the pressure of being biggest club, with most expensive squad who are expected to win the league….the wheels may fall off.  
There is a long way to go in the season, Raith may have a tough spell themselves, but in the immediate term we need to be winning every game in order to exert some pressure of our own.

I’m hopeful that it all begins to click again and QP bear the brunt.  As a minimum, Utd players need to look like they are prepared to run through walls and are peppering the opponent's goals on a regular basis.  Need to see an urgency and hunger to win, rather than ‘the game will come to us in the end’.  Given recent results (cups and Raith) I’m not sure the Utd crowd will show any kind of patience.

Dropping points here would be unthinkable for United. They simply can’t afford to allow Rovers to increase their lead any further.

Game in hand won’t feel very significant if you’re 7 or 8 points adrift.

QP are in utter free fall though and haven’t won in the league for about four months. Should be a comfortable enough away win.

10 hours ago, foxinperu said:

On an administrative note - what’s the deal with parking? Can you just pitch up and park in the spaces right in front of Hampden?  I’m guessing there’ll be reasonable parking capacity for these games. Any charge?

Free parking at the stadium. Usually enough for most away supports.

12 hours ago, foxinperu said:

On an administrative note - what’s the deal with parking? Can you just pitch up and park in the spaces right in front of Hampden?  I’m guessing there’ll be reasonable parking capacity for these games. Any charge?

Free parking at Hampden. United fans should use the part of the carpark accessed from Aitkenhead Road.  The club will issue details later in the week. 

12 hours ago, foxinperu said:

Really important game for United this.  We are struggling to find any kind of form at the minute, with several players out of sorts and a real gap between promising moments being turned into goals.

If we don’t win on Friday then, with the pressure of being biggest club, with most expensive squad who are expected to win the league….the wheels may fall off.  
There is a long way to go in the season, Raith may have a tough spell themselves, but in the immediate term we need to be winning every game in order to exert some pressure of our own.

I’m hopeful that it all begins to click again and QP bear the brunt.  As a minimum, Utd players need to look like they are prepared to run through walls and are peppering the opponent's goals on a regular basis.  Need to see an urgency and hunger to win, rather than ‘the game will come to us in the end’.  Given recent results (cups and Raith) I’m not sure the Utd crowd will show any kind of patience.

Your idea of “on form” is significantly different from ours at this time. We can only dream of your worst level. Enjoy your night out.

Thoughts on the game aside, it’s a shame this is on the Friday. Saturday afternoon would have seen a much healthier crowd. Many do United fans think you’ll bring? 

The vibe around the club couldn’t be more starkly different to this time last season. 4-1 win at Arbroath was one of the great away days of my time. Liquid football in a hurricane, liquid pints, Christmas time, Boateng and wine and Owen Coyle being serenaded at the end.

57 minutes ago, an86 said:

The vibe around the club couldn’t be more starkly different to this time last season. 4-1 win at Arbroath was one of the great away days of my time. Liquid football in a hurricane, liquid pints, Christmas time, Boateng and wine and Owen Coyle being serenaded at the end.

By children in Christian rhyme?

I was gutted when the fixtures were announced and this was so close to Christmas, and then moved to Friday night. I always hoped we'd draw QP at Hampden in one of the cups when we were going through the "Hampden Hoodoo", just for a decent chance to win a game at that Fkng stadium and a good Saturday away day.

Hopefully, I'll manage the game in April

Prediction scrappy 1-nil win for United.

On 19/12/2023 at 09:04, Big Shedboy said:

Prediction scrappy 1-nil win for United.

Appreciate the United fans trying to stay respectful with the predictions. 

If you don’t score at least 3, Goodwin must go.