Airdrie v Morton

Cancelled each other out and I thought Morton moved the ball a bit quicker and actually had players who were prepared to run with the ball but it never produced any shots.

Indeed much of the Morton game was also long throws and corners, again to little effect.

Can't remember many great saves by either keeper

Airdrie on the other hand were so narrow in any attacking phase and intent on safe and short passing that we could have played all day without exciting me. Our first two subs were useless. 

Still a point and halted the Greenock tram. 

It was also funny to see the antics of Imrie and Millen on the touchline: chewing the fat scene must have inspired them. 

Now on to the dreadful view no doubt at Hampden.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

That game today would've been a BBC Scotland Friday night classic.

I thought we were pretty decent defensively, dealt well with all of Morton's long throws and set pieces. Unfortunately we still have our issues in the final 3rd where we could've been playing up until the new year and still not scored, January can't come quick enough.

The best part of the game was Lewis Strapp getting his towel knicked for when he was drying the ball before his long throws.

Today wasn’t quite as bad, which says a lot about that game, but I’m blaming you for summoning the spirit of Dumbarton 0-1 Airdrie during lockdown last night.

56 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It was also funny to see the antics of Imrie and Millen on the touchline: chewing the fat scene must have inspired them.

Ha, I made the exact same Chewin' The Fat reference to my auld boy!

Sadly, their sideline antics were the only form of entertainment on show today. A game to forget.

17 hours ago, Passionate said:

Good travelling noisy support up from Greenock today,  looked round about 4oo ISH,   don't know the attendance it was announced but it was muffled on our state of the art pa system..

Vocal travelling support indeed, but their repertoire was cringe at times:-

Refer to Clydebank 20 + years after the event - check. 

Refer to a shitey home support when you're hardly packing out your own ground - check. 

Refer to Airdrie being a shitehole when you come from Greenock and Port Glasgow - check.

🙄

20 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Refer to a shitey home support when you're hardly packing out your own ground - check. 

Refer to Airdrie being a shitehole when you come from Greenock and Port Glasgow - check.

🙄

Seems like it had the desired impact though.

2 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

🙄

Just remember you will always be Clydebank.

5 hours ago, Mon eh Ton said:

Ah come on now. That zoom lens is doing a lot of heavy lifting and the scenery isn't even on the same side of the river.

See, that’s the thing about nice scenery. To appreciate the view you have to be a wee bit away from it.

Plus, Greenock itself looks pretty good in the foreground.

IMG_1002.jpeg