Celtic v Livingston

39 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

I don't think he was. He had a bad game away to Rangers playing centre back in a 4. Presumably that's why he was dropped for the St Johnstone away match despite us using a back 3 for it. Sean Kelly came in and was most at fault for the goal. De Lucas was brought on later for Parkes.

De Lucas was next dropped after the Dundee home match as he was blamed for the two Shaughnessy goals given he was the assigned marker. I think the second Shaughnessy goal its fair to blame De Lucas primarily. Not the first. Nouble just let the ball loop over him and bounce in the box. Devlin wasn't strong enough to get in front of Sylla. Then came De Lucas's failure on Shaughnessy, so there were errors preceding his.

Martindale holds different players to different standards. De Lucas has been like Anderson in that he's dropped at the slightest excuse while other players can be consistently awful and Martindale's faith in them remains unshakeable.

I should add to this that I'd place De Lucas as our fifth best centre back option for the three places. Behind Obileye, Nottingham, Devlin and Montano. Hopefully at least three of those four are fit most weeks so we won't be needing to fret over the precise merits of De Lucas anyway. There's also Donnellan arriving soon.

Edited by Freedom Farter

16 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We let the rest of P&B doon, not getting something to keep this thread going for the next 3 or 4 days, may as well close the thread now.

Before that happens just wanted to say Nottingham had a good game.

Oh and on behalf of all Celtic fans I apologise for Celtic TV. It’s shite.

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Before that happens just wanted to say Nottingham had a good game.

Oh and on behalf of all Celtic fans I apologise for Celtic TV. It’s shite.

I like big Notts. For a guy of his size and age, he has a decent turn of pace. Certainly feel more confident with the defence when he's there

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

No surprise wae that shower,they're not interested in Scottish football as all can see wae they're shitty TV deal .

Seems they aren't much interested in anything below the English Premier League, many scores haven't been updated, hours later. I blame the owners.

Edited by cyderspaceman

More of a routine win than a convincing win for us. I would have been tempted to keep Kyogo and Palma in a bit longer to try and gloss the scoreline abit but Rodgers ultimately did the right thing with the games ahead. We looked dangerous at corners which is something I don't think I have said for at least a decade I think.