Edinburgh Derby Thread - The Ghost of David Brent Past

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It was true for me but I had eaten a lot of cheese that night 

I don't doubt he's a fan of that club, but it doesn't matter a fig; he's under contract and the next stop is the summer to see where things lie

The squawking and the c. £3M shite from sycophantic doughballs 🤣🤣

12 hours ago, hk blues said:

I suppose it comes down to how much Rangers are willing to pay to give them a better shot at 1st against how much you guys are willing to turn down to remain favourites for 3rd.  The money men will likely argue that Hearts will finish 3rd with or without Shankland so take the money now - that's assuming the number is in the almost too good to turn down range.

All hypothetical as this moment, of course.

Looks like Sevco have got yon Silva from Wolves on loan so Shanks presumably free from their clutches for the moment.

Money men would be wrong there. We don't seem to have anyone bar Shanks scoring goals though our defence has learned lessons. Third w/o Shanks would be beyond us IMO.

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Looks like Sevco have got yon Silva from Wolves on loan so Shanks presumably free from their clutches for the moment.

Money men would be wrong there. We don't seem to have anyone bar Shanks scoring goals though our defence has learned lessons. Third w/o Shanks would be beyond us IMO.

We don't have anyone else scoring just now I agree, but I also think while maybe not being as consistent,  we'd not fall to bits without him.

We are set up to supply Shankland which is absolutely sensible. But it means guys like Vargas and Tagawa get little exposure to playing as actual strikers. I think if Shankland left and we played Boyce up top with Tagawa/Vargas we'd still score goals.

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Random thought and might have been said already but just remembered, Shankland missed a penalty at Tynecastle for Hearts last season against Celtic. It was retaken because of encroachment and he scored so this wasn’t really his first miss for Hearts. 

It was missed because hart came off his line early and gained an advantage

Despite that, Ginelly scored from the rebound, after the 'save', Shankland knocked it forward for Ginelly and he netted it

So, it didn't count

He probably missed the last one because we've not had one in the league since January or so

7 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

It was missed because hart came off his line early and gained an advantage

Despite that, Ginelly scored from the rebound, after the 'save', Shankland knocked it forward for Ginelly and he netted it

So, it didn't count

He probably missed the last one because we've not had one in the league since January or so

Doesn’t really matter but it was encroachment from both teams. 

Hart’s foot is on the line. 

E1ED3486-63AD-40A8-9202-4E0CF5FBC1B4.png

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We don't have anyone else scoring just now I agree, but I also think while maybe not being as consistent,  we'd not fall to bits without him.

We are set up to supply Shankland which is absolutely sensible. But it means guys like Vargas and Tagawa get little exposure to playing as actual strikers. I think if Shankland left and we played Boyce up top with Tagawa/Vargas we'd still score goals.

I think Boyce is yet to complete 90 minutes and has been out entirely for weeks he’s probably still got a role to play in this season but we should accept that he’s a supporting character as opposed to principal cast member. We can’t rely on him stepping in to the Liam Boyce role, so we shouldn’t rely on him stepping into the Shankland role

Arguably we need to look for a replacement now regardless, and if Shankland leaves then that becomes more urgent 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think Boyce is yet to complete 90 minutes and has been out entirely for weeks he’s probably still got a role to play in this season but we should accept that he’s a supporting character as opposed to principal cast member. We can’t rely on him stepping in to the Liam Boyce role, so we shouldn’t rely on him stepping into the Shankland role

Arguably we need to look for a replacement now regardless, and if Shankland leaves then that becomes more urgent 

I'm not saying Boyce would be my long term replacement, more just emphasising the point that we'd change how we play, the idea we'd just never score any goals if Shankland left is fanciful IMO.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm not saying Boyce would be my long term replacement, more just emphasising the point that we'd change how we play, the idea we'd just never score any goals if Shankland left is fanciful IMO.

Yeah but you could try it and see if it works.