Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

I’m unsure what shape we will be in for this with last nights match being postponed.

Aside from our long term absentees, we don’t know if Goldson will make it and that’s a worry considering how good our defence has been this season. 

Similarly, doubts remain over Lundstram and Cifuentes’ fitness so it may need to be Sterling and Dowell again in midfield, while Barasic missed Motherwell so I’m unsure if he will be back.

I think Celtic can be got at, and while they’ve won their last two, they’ve seemed really wasteful and have taken a while to score in each of them.

Our wide attacking areas is where we will have the best chance, IMO. McCausland has looked jaded the last few games so it might be wise to bring in Matondo to run at Taylor who is by far Celtic’s biggest weakness. Then on the other side we have Sima who’s central runs could cause problems.

We will be in an outstanding position if we manage to pick up a win, 2 points behind with 2 games in hand. On the flip side, a defeat would see the gap back to 8.

1-1.

The pressure that's being put on refs in the run up to this unreal, especially when they will have 60 thousand celtic fans screaming at them for every decision.  Our makeshift midfielders will struggle to cope with Colin McGregor and Maeda, while we only have Dessers as an option upfront.

3  - 2 for this one.

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

The pressure that's being put on refs in the run up to this unreal, especially when they will have 60 thousand celtic fans screaming at them for every decision.  Our makeshift midfielders will struggle to cope with Colin McGregor and Maeda, while we only have Dessers as an option upfront.

3  - 2 for this one.

I don’t know whether you’re trolling or you actually believe this drivel tbh.

We’re shite. Rangers are shite but think they’re not.

1-1.

I know managers say 'one game at a time' but I think Rodgers has been playing past few games with this in mind. Maeda has looked off it but Rodgers has probably been putting him back early and persisting with him for this, Kyogo and Palma have been reduced minutes where possible, CCV Coming off at the first sign of a twinge etc.

It's been a strange season for to go from such a position of strength to how we are playing now but Rodgers has only lost once out of about 15 games to Sevco I think so I would nearly always back him to pull it out the bag for us against them. I don't rate either of us at present so regardless of what happens interesting times ahead in January also.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I know managers say 'one game at a time' but I think Rodgers has been playing past few games with this in mind. Maeda has looked off it but Rodgers has probably been putting him back early and persisting with him for this, Kyogo and Palma have been reduced minutes where possible, CCV Coming off at the first sign of a twinge etc.

It's been a strange season for to go from such a position of strength to how we are playing now but Rodgers has only lost once out of about 15 games to Sevco I think so I would nearly always back him to pull it out the bag for us against them. I don't rate either of us at present so regardless of what happens interesting times ahead in January also.

While you can’t argue with his record, I think Rodgers has lost that air of superiority he once had at Celtic his first time round.

He has taken Celtic backwards from Postecoglou and his team looks very fragile.