Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

1 hour ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

In what world is this a booking? 

I’d say this angle is probably more inconclusive than I first thought. At the time it seemed as though Bernardo was late, with Goldson playing the ball and his right foot stamping down onto Goldson’s left boot. Maybe not so much on that viewing but still second to the challenge.

Still need to hear a defence of Johnstone escaping a second yellow as well.

Thats by no means the reason we lost, but Celtic should’ve had at least 1 red card today IMO.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d say this angle is probably more inconclusive than I first thought. At the time it seemed as though Bernardo was late, with Goldson playing the ball and his right foot stamping down onto Goldson’s left boot. Maybe not so much on that viewing but still second to the challenge.

Still need to hear a defence of Johnstone escaping a second yellow as well.

Thats by no means the reason we lost, but Celtic should’ve had at least 1 red card today IMO.

So not quite as clear a second yellow after all? 🤣

And I hate to be pedantic but it’s Johnston and we still need to hear a defence of Sterling on Taylor since that tackle was both late and heavy 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Offside is irrelevant? You sure?

I posted it without comment. 

I'd have assumed that a penalty would be given and then rescinded if proven wrong, it's the opinion of a former category 1 ref.  

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So not quite as clear a second yellow after all? 🤣

And I hate to be pedantic but it’s Johnston and we still need to hear a defence of Sterling on Taylor since that tackle was both late and heavy 

I literally just conceded that the replay shown before doesn’t make it seem as obvious. I still believe he is late into the tackle though after Goldson played the ball.

So your defence of Johnstone 😉 escaping a yellow is to reference another incident? Cool. Better than your “he came from Johnstones blind side” argument earlier 😂

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I literally just conceded that the replay shown before doesn’t make it seem as obvious. I still believe he is late into the tackle though after Goldson played the ball.

So your defence of Johnstone 😉 escaping a yellow is to reference another incident? Cool. Better than your “he came from Johnstones blind side” argument earlier 😂

I explained why I don’t think Johnstons was a yellow. 

However your description of what a clear yellow was is exactly what Sterling did to Taylor….so…..should it have been a 2nd yellow for Sterling? 

You seem to have issue with people ignoring your questions and you retort by ignoring questions 

You’re no real man 🤣

Pumped

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I explained why I don’t think Johnstons was a yellow. 

However your description of what a clear yellow was is exactly what Sterling did to Taylor….so…..should it have been a 2nd yellow for Sterling? 

You seem to have issue with people ignoring your questions and you retort by ignoring questions 

You’re no real man 🤣

Pumped

This is what you said about Johnstone

As for Johnston again no as to me it looked as ifJohnston was up first and Sima then jumped in from his blind side

You are literally trying to blame Sima for catching an elbow to the head that resulted him in failing the concussion protocol 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is what you said about Johnstone

You are literally trying to blame Sima for catching an elbow to the head that resulted him in failing the concussion protocol 

Shat it, just can’t bring yourself to do it 😂

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

I think that Jinky has had a few tonight,  tying himself up in knots here.

Then you would be wrong, not a drop. High on life Benny watching you pair of eejits roll out excuse after excuse after excuse for why your team fail.

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Shat it, just can’t bring yourself to do it 😂

Ignore the blurb in the tweet about Walsh as it’s a load of waffle, but this clip clearly shows Johnstone throwing out his elbow, catching Sima and ending his game. It’s reckless and a yellow card every day of the week.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Ignore the blurb in the tweet about Walsh as it’s a load of waffle, but this clip clearly shows Johnstone throwing out his elbow, catching Sima and ending his game. It’s reckless and a yellow card every day of the week.

I gave you my opinion on this so why are you still asking me? My opinion won’t change 

However

I’ve now asked you 3 times if Sterling should have been given a 2nd yellow for the foul on Taylor using your own scale of what merits a yellow card?

You can keep swerving it like the ball off Kyogos left peg that left Goldson and Butland looking like a pair of fannies or Is the question too difficult or are you now doubting the basis of your argument? Surely not 😬

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I gave you my opinion on this so why are you still asking me? My opinion won’t change 

However

I’ve now asked you 3 times if Sterling should have been given a 2nd yellow for the foul on Taylor using your own scale of what merits a yellow card?

You can keep swerving it like the ball off Kyogos left peg that left Goldson and Butland looking like a pair of fannies. Is the question too difficult or are you no doubting the basis of your argument? Surely not 😬

I‘m not asking you anything? You say you’ve gave your opinion on why you don’t think it was a red (Sima came from Johnstone’s blind side) and I am giving my opinion on why I think Johnstone should’ve been sent off (recklessly catching Sima with an elbow). Not a question.

Can you provide a clip of the Sterling challenge and I’ll give my opinion on it.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I‘m not asking you anything? You say you’ve gave your opinion on why you don’t think it was a red (Sima came from Johnstone’s blind side) and I am giving my opinion on why I think Johnstone should’ve been sent off. Not a question.

Can you provide a clip of the Sterling challenge and I’ll give my opinion on it.

I don’t have a clip of it but the highlights are on now so I’m sure they will show it.

The still doesn’t look too hot though considering there is a ball nowhere to be seen since Taylor has already cleared it

AA170A86-559F-4AD0-AE34-37ACC94BCBE8.jpeg

Just now, Jinky67 said:

I don’t have a clip of it but the highlights are on now so I’m sure they will show it.

The still doesn’t look too hot though considering there is a ball nowhere to be seen since Taylor has already cleared it

AA170A86-559F-4AD0-AE34-37ACC94BCBE8.jpeg

Great tackle 

Maeda is astonishingly bad as well tbh. There was a moment where Kyogo had the ball on the centre circle, Maeda was about to run clear and instead of slipping him through Kyogo just elected to pass it back. Clear as day he had no faith in his carthorse countryman doing anything other than falling over the ball.

It's a bit depressing how Rangers fans are focussing so much on marginal reffing decisions instead of, perhaps, their own club and board for spending money on a squad of random shite. Even Tavernier, free-kick aside (which was brilliant) was dreadful today.