Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Rangers are so used to getting penalties they now expect offside to be ignored in order to grant them one. Unbelievable sense of entitlement from the club and their fans. Embarrassing.

There’s nobody here claiming the penalty should’ve been awarded as far as I can see.

Fair play to Rangers.

They've managed to move the narrative on from a disappointing derby defeat, self-inflicted due to fundamental weaknesses in their performance, and have their support and the media wholly focused on officiating.

Must have missed the referee forcing their striker to dither when one-on-one with the keeper, or the referee forcing Cantwell to fail to do his job properly all afternoon, or the referee failing to tell Rangers to mark an opposing forward standing bang in front of the goal at a corner.

But it works. This is why they do it.

Rangers were all puffed up and thought it would be their day, but in reality they were found not to be good enough against a wobbling opponent. All this noise is just a load of shite.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They’re absolutely shameless. For so many reasons the worst football club out there. 

I would absolutely get it if Sima was onside and the pen wasn’t given, I think we all would be unhappy with that but it’s clear as day he’s a mile off so the decision would never have stood anyway so it’s a very weird hill to die on.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I would absolutely get it if Sima was onside and the pen wasn’t given, I think we all would be unhappy with that but it’s clear as day he’s a mile off so the decision would never have stood anyway so it’s a very weird hill to die on.

To be clear, if the boot was on the other foot, Celtic FC would be playing the same game.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, just a simple clarification of the technical process of reaching a correct decision. Thats all it is. 

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

I think we arrived at a consensus earlier that it’s more to do with creating that narrative of incompetence, playing to the gallery, even if the decision was ultimately correct in the end for a reason other than the one the VAR made.

It will yield nothing for the club but, again, I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable to seek clarity, even if you believe any flaws in the process that led to the ultimately correct decision should be handled within the SFA.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We know it’s not a penalty but but but…..

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

To be clear, if the boot was on the other foot, Celtic FC would be playing the same game.

Without question.

Both clubs are happy to weaponise their fans' paranoia when its useful to deflect from a bad result.

Or just because its useful in general. They like their fans being paranoid messes. It's handy. Far better than having them focus on your shite defence and underperforming big signing from down south. And certainly better than having anyone pause and question the new manager, who is DEFINITELY amazing.

But Celtic would do the exact same, and their fans would react in the same manner.

Sad thing is, the media are so happy to oblige. It's shite journalism, led by football clubs run by arseholes, supported by paranoid wrecks.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Without question.

Both clubs are happy to weaponise their fans' paranoia when its useful to deflect from a bad result.

Or just because its useful in general. They like their fans being paranoid messes. It's handy. Far better than having them focus on your shite defence and underperforming big signing from down south. And certainly better than having anyone pause and question the new manager, who is DEFINITELY amazing.

But Celtic would do the exact same, and their fans would react in the same manner.

Sad thing is, the media are so happy to oblige. It's shite journalism, led by football clubs run by arseholes, supported by paranoid wrecks.

I agree. But then there’s @bennett

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think we arrived at a consensus earlier that it’s more to do with creating that narrative of incompetence, playing to the gallery, even if the decision was ultimately correct in the end for a reason other than the one the VAR made.

It will yield nothing for the club but, again, I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable to seek clarity, even if you believe any flaws in the process that led to the ultimately correct decision should be handled within the SFA.

Do you work for the club’s PR division?

Just now, kingjoey said:

Do you work for the club’s PR division?

I don’t think I’d get a job there when I’m literally agreeing that the statements are playing to the gallery over an ultimately correct decision. I don’t find it to be a big deal seeking clarity over the decision making process but I know what they are trying to achieve by doing so.

6 hours ago, annan4eva said:

If both Celtic and Rangers were to go, and there are many reasons to suggest they should ? IMO it would be the chance to transform Scottish football for the better. This revolution ( to any advantage) would not be done by the present rulers thats for sure ?

My club was meant to die within  months of the **** being relegated so the thought of this fills me with fear. Not.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

If they merely want clarity on a technical process they can do that privately and release a statement to the fans once it’s all sorted setting out the facts, in a responsible way. 

look at the language here: 

While the club and most observers are astonished by this 'professional' view,

This is clearly unacceptable and heightens Rangers' concerns over the lack of transparency, for which the need is urgent."

This is ridiculous language over a decision that’s correct and is just an attempt to publicly smear collum and the SFA. Was it not Kevin Clancy who recently got death threats from rangers fans?

Your clubs needs to get a grip, but we know it never will. Genuinely surprised you’re on board with this. 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think I’d get a job there when I’m literally agreeing that the statements are playing to the gallery over an ultimately correct decision. I don’t find it to be a big deal seeking clarity over the decision making process but I know what they are trying to achieve by doing so.

You agree that the club are taking the piss, and you agree with them trying to take the piss, in the same post.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

If they merely want clarity on a technical process they can do that privately and release a statement to the fans once it’s all sorted setting out the facts, in a responsible way. 

look at the language here: 

While the club and most observers are astonished by this 'professional' view,

This is clearly unacceptable and heightens Rangers' concerns over the lack of transparency, for which the need is urgent."

This is ridiculous language over a decision that’s correct and is just an attempt to publicly smear collum and the SFA. Was it not Kevin Clancy who recently got death threats from rangers fans?

Your clubs needs to get a grip, but we know it never will. Genuinely surprised you’re on board with this. 

My first line of my post you quoted literally says “it’s more to do with creating a narrative and playing to the gallery”. So no, I’m not suggesting it’s merely wanting clarity, which I agree they could easily do privately.

The comment you initially took exception to was when I stated that nobody here was suggesting it was wrong to disallow the penalty. Which I stand by, they have not argued against the fact that Sima is offside.

Just now, kingjoey said:

You agree that the club are taking the piss, and you agree with them trying to take the piss, in the same post.

Not exactly, I just don’t disagree with them seeking clarity on the process. I just appreciate by doing so via a statement what they are trying to achieve.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Collum didn't think it was a pen because rangers didn't sign a Catholic for 100 years.