January Transfers 2024

After months of complaining about a lack of budget, Martindale opens the window by being the first manager to spend a fee.

Screenshot_20240101_064521_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a47882786ce82841301695cc2c2e05d1.jpg

Livingston and St Johnstone the early movers for the relegation battling teams, with both clubs completing 2 deals already.

58 minutes ago, Jute said:

Not sure if you are including these but Aaron Reid recalled from Peterhead by Aberdeen. 

Try to avoid them as it can get cluttered with teams bringing 3/4 back and then loaning them out again.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Try to avoid them as it can get cluttered with teams bringing 3/4 back and then loaning them out again.

It would not surprise me if some that are recalled end up going back to the same club on transfer deadline day. It happened last season with us and Zak Robinson.

Going by the rumour mill you’d think Andy Halliday is the must-get option everyone wants lol, think that’s about half a dozen teams in this league and the one below I’ve seen mentioned alongside his name. Kinda depressing if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Going by the rumour mill you’d think Andy Halliday is the must-get option everyone wants lol, think that’s about half a dozen teams in this league and the one below I’ve seen mentioned alongside his name. Kinda depressing if you ask me.

He's excellent. These teams should move swiftly to snap him up, imo.

33 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He’s a *** so of course the ‘Scoddish’ press will be trying to get him a club.

36 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ive honestly just been assuming the Levein links to Hearts, and a preconceived idea Levein would go for experience, would mean he signed for us.

But then we signed 2 younger players and apparently have more in the pipeline, so maybe not.

A Loan Out for Hearts - Makenzie Kirk to Hamilton Academical.  Fortunately losing him from the B team didn't stop them scoring this week (twelve goals). Kirk has 23 himself in the Lowland League, which is more than several of the teams in the league, so it'll be interesting to see how he does in L1. 

Edited by Alberto Spencer
spelling