January Transfers 2024

I probably shouldn’t be on this thread as I’m a Greenock Morton Fan. However I’m surprised to see that Rangers are letting Jose Cifuentes go out on loan. I thought he looked the best prospect of the 10 signings or so that Beale made. 
As a central midfielder I’d have thought he needed more game time to establish himself in the team. In Rangers or Celtic games everyone seems to run around like headless chickens, the players, the officials and the supporters, but Cifuentes looked to be the only calm guy in the building and I thought he looked a class act. Anyway what do I know?

3 hours ago, Fide said:

Is that Dundee's 10th loan now? Christ. 

You act like McInnes didn't bring in 9 loans last season in Hemming, Mayo, Wright, Jones, Alebiosu, Dorsett, Sotona, Chrisene, Doidge & Chambers. 

Wright wasn't a loan.

Chambers only came in in the January because Dorsett and then Chrisene got injured.

Still, I don't think that many loans is an issue if a) it keeps them in the league and b) there's a plan for more permanent signings.

Very good transfer window from Dundee. Signing/resigning the right players for the right positions and while a few are loans, that in itself is very sensible. In the first season back up, ot would be foolish for Dundee to go and sign 11/12 players all on permanent deals and then be financially hit if relegated.

I assume the approach is to get the players to stay up (or even top 6) and then steadily build over the next few years from there. St Mirren are the template in that respect.

Equally, Hearts signing of Dhanda is very good. Sign the better players from other teams in the league. The likely Dan Phillips signing is another sign of this.