The 4-5 Derby (30/12)

Forfar Ath'  entertain East Fife in what would be described as a chilly Station Park. No mention of a pitch inspection at this  time.

The Fifers'  will be looking to bounce back after a horrific last outing v Moob town.

Reports' suggest  Murdoch will be avaiable which is welcome  news as we have  3 other defenders missing  out. Healy was ill/injured last week.

I'd expect the  depleted Fifers' to line  up somewhere along :

-Fleming-

-Murdoch- McManus-Easton-Newton-

- Millar-Trouten-Walls-

-Shepherd-        -Austin-       -Schiavone-

Just rain in Forfar so no threat of it being called off. Forfar aiming to win 2 games on the bounce in the league for the first time in however long. Will it happen, hmm. I can see a dull draw. I expect Forfar yo line up as follows with Nditi, Munro & Moore unavailable.

McCallum 

Allan, Hutchinson, Morrison, Brindley 

Watson, Whatley, Robson, Inglis 

Skelly, Ross

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Just rain in Forfar so no threat of it being called off. Forfar aiming to win 2 games on the bounce in the league for the first time in however long. Will it happen, hmm. I can see a dull draw. I expect Forfar yo line up as follows with Nditi, Munro & Moore unavailable.

McCallum 

Allan, Hutchinson, Morrison, Brindley 

Watson, Whatley, Robson, Inglis 

Skelly, Ross

So it was a dull draw and I got the line-up spot on. Skelly was stupid making a crazy lunging tackle where there was no reason for it. I've got no qualms with the red card, completely needless.

We looked shaky from the moment we went down to 10 until around the 55th minute (which was also the same time Thommo came on...coincidence, I think not), after that you didn't notice we were outnumbered. I think it also helped when we changed to a 4-3-2.

6 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

We should have been out of sight before the red card and should’ve won overall, two points dropped. From where I was it didn’t look a straight red but look forward to seeing the highlights for confirmation one way or another. 

The main issue is that skelly was stupid enough to even give the ref a decision to make. That & his sitter he missed proved once again he's not of the standard required.

Was right in front of it, it's never a red card and anyone arguing that it is should maybe consider they're part of the problem for enabling these sort of decisions.

People think the action of "lunging" is a default red card without actually paying attention to what's happened in front of them.

Edited by ScottishLoon

5 minutes ago, C_titz said:

He lunged into block and looked like Easton kicked through and into Skelly . 

Exactly what happened. Not a red card imo. What is he meant to do, not try to block a clearance? Linesman a few yards away just stood like a dumpling as ref couldn’t wait to show his authority. We’re the better side with 11 and should have been ahead. Thought we dug in well in second half and looked dangerous on the break.

Awful conditions for a fairly awful game.

42 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Linesman a few yards away just stood like a dumpling as ref couldn’t wait to show his authority.

Exactly why he shouldn't be flying into pointless challenges. 

You can take the striker out of the juniors, but you can't take the juniors out of the striker.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

and anyone arguing that it is should maybe consider they're part of the problem for enabling these sort of decisions.

What a nonsense shout, can see it now at the refereeing HQ... "Aye so I seen wee Dave at the Elgin game totally thought that boy was out of order with that lunge, we need to clamp down big time lads."