Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

We haven’t played particularly well in any of the four previous derbies this season and with around half the squad either injured or not match fit, there is little reason to expect that to change on Tuesday.

Perhaps McPake should consider sticking one of our substitute keepers up front since that appears to be the wee team’s kryptonite?

No idea how ticket sales are going at the moment but assume will still be a good crowd. However, I’m sensing a really apathy around the club just now both on and off the pitch.

We’ve won 2 of our last 7 Championship games but somehow still sit 4th. What an absolutely garbage standard this division is.

It's a new year game so there will be a healthy crowd full of optimism for the new year (pished) but both teams are coming into the game on the back of mixed form. Both reams have just surrendered 2-0 leads as well so I think it could be a very tense game and wouldn't be surprised with it ending a low scoring affair. 

32 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Mehmet

Comrie-Fisher-Hamilton-Edwards 

Allan-Chalmers

Moffat-Summers-Jakubaik 

Wighton

I think that's our only fit senior eleven? And that's with Hamilton playing with a broken cheekbone. 

Let's take a leaf out of Arbroaths play book and play 2 keepers outfield.

We will be - or likely will be - missing Benedictus, Breen, Otoo, Todd, Ritchie-Hosler, O’Halloran and McCann. Chris Hamilton will only play with the addition of a face mask after damaging his cheekbone.

Can confidently state that all of those would be included in our best starting XI.

It’s right that questions are raised about our summer recruitment and our training/rehabilitation but it’s unsustainable for a squad of our size to deal with that many senior players missing on a regular basis.

Still have no idea how we’re 4th.

Wouldn’t worry too much about your injury concerns. We’ve fluffed leads against a 10 man Ayr and 2 goals to what must be one of the worst 11’s this division has ever seen that finished the game yesterday vs Abroath. 

I’m hoping that the reaction from us is similar to the defeat we encountered vs Airdrie and not the start of a collapse. 

No excuses from a selection point of view. Only a seemingly awol Keith Watson and (you’ll be pleased to know) Stanton.

We’ve plenty fire power in Vaughan, Hamilton, Easton and Connolly. Just need to plug the crater in the middle of the park that leads to all the goals against. 

If McPakes got sense he’ll watch the recent Ayr 4-4 game as that’s the blueprint to getting at us. I do however see Murray changing things up for this.

18 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Both sides with no defence I predict a 5-5 draw 😂😂

I can see Rovers scoring 5, but I really can’t see 5 goals in our team - even if you don’t have a defence.

In all seriousness, even with all the injuries, McPake will set us up to keep it tight and I expect a close game. Hoping Jakubiak might go on a bit of a scoring run now. I’d honestly take a point right now though.

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We will be - or likely will be - missing Benedictus, Breen, Otoo, Todd, Ritchie-Hosler, O’Halloran and McCann. Chris Hamilton will only play with the addition of a face mask after damaging his cheekbone.

Can confidently state that all of those would be included in our best starting XI.

It’s right that questions are raised about our summer recruitment and our training/rehabilitation but it’s unsustainable for a squad of our size to deal with that many senior players missing on a regular basis.

Still have no idea how we’re 4th.

Not sure O’Halloran and KRH would both be in first choice 11 - would think it would be 1 or the other. But agree with your general point. All of our injuries are important first team players. But, with a squad this size, I guess almost everyone falls into that category.

I’m honestly struggling to name a starting 11. Think we’ll have to go 4-4-2, or potentially a 4-3-3 with Jakubiak out wide?

Mehmet

Comrie
Fisher
Hamilton
Edwards

Moffat
Chalmers
Allan
Summers

Wighton
Jakubiak

Our bench would just be 2 GKs and any youngsters that are available. No outfielders that have ever started a professional game though. Hoping Todd and Otoo’s injuries aren’t too bad, but it’s concerning we got no real information on them. If McCann’s out for 6 weeks or so, we might have to look at recalling Taylor Sutherland when the window opens.

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

If McCann’s out for 6 weeks or so, we might have to look at recalling Taylor Sutherland when the window opens.

I was going to suggest doing that with sam young too,  but then I checked what his game time has been like and he's been out injured for 6 weeks...

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

If McPakes got sense he’ll watch the recent Ayr 4-4 game as that’s the blueprint to getting at us. 

That's only really applicable if you have the options to change it up, as its been for most of the season though the lineup will be heavily dictated by the players available. This also makes it a bit easier for Murray to set up against us. A lose - lose situation. 

Easy rovers win here.We dont have a team and probably wouldn't beat them with all our key players available. Rovers will be able to bring on fresh players too which we won't and we wont be able to change system at any point. Only really hope is the rovers are wasteful as some rovers fans seem to think they are even though they have still scored 18 goals in the past 7 games and 3 of those games include the other teams in the top 4 of the league(albeit the one against us was a cup game). And 6 goals in 2 games. Our weakness is scoring goals when at full strength so cant really see us nailing Rovers dodgy defence effectively either(and our home form isnt great).

I know everyone is usually a bit quiet and doesnt shoot their mouth off before a derby like the rovers fans are here but its a stick on really and they should be quietly confident.

Edit to ask - Is Stanton out?

Edited by Fifes Elite Force