🔴⚪️ Airdrieonians Vs The Caley 🔵🔴

Everyone’s clearly buzzing to get stuck into this one with no thread as yet. 

Haven’t been to Airdrie since our last stint in the championship, I’m sure we won 1-0 but have no idea whatsoever who scored.

Not sure if we’ll have anyone lined up to come in so pretty much the same squad and I imagine Wotherspoon is offski. 

Todorov to score is a stick on 

12 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Nope. Always the chance they introduce some but was still fine last week.

Cheers. The away car park was shut last time due to roadworks, can't remember if you have to pay if it’s open now?

17 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Cheers. The away car park was shut last time due to roadworks, can't remember if you have to pay if it’s open now?

Away car park is £3 I think. I guess Inverness fans will be at the far end of the main stand, so just a question of paying or walking a few minutes.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Not sure if we’ll have anyone lined up to come in so pretty much the same squad and I imagine Wotherspoon is offski. 

How has Wotherspoon been? I was desperate for us to sign him at the start of the season?

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

How has Wotherspoon been? I was desperate for us to sign him at the start of the season?

He’s been great, a very good signing to link up with Mckay. Can tell he’s spent most of his career at the level above.

Rumoured to be off to Dundee United as we only got him on a short term deal 

6 hours ago, Mr November said:

Nope. Always the chance they introduce some but was still fine last week.

They are planning to introduce restrictions on Tuesday...having parked their car away fans are required to enter the store and spend a minimum of £500. Security on duty, reg numbers being taken, so no alternative. Home fans allowed to park too but Lidl have agreed to reduce the shop spend to 50p. 😝

11 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Any restrictions on parking at Lidl? Just got the missus to drop me off there the last time but probably be on my tod. 

No parking restrictions at Lidl (and a Starbucks there now to!) If yer struggling there's plenty parking straight across from the stadium, it's the parking for the 3 grass football pitches across the road, entrance can be accessed from HOLLY STREET, literally straight across from the stadium.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++

The stadium away parking will be open, surely? £3 is fairly reasonable these days.

Still associate Nou Broomfield with that 4-4 Challenge Cup Final v Alloa back in the Stone Age.

9 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No parking restrictions at Lidl (and a Starbucks there now to!) If yer struggling there's plenty parking straight across from the stadium, it's the parking for the 3 grass football pitches across the road, entrance can be accessed from HOLLY STREET, literally straight across from the stadium.

Don't think it will be too long before Lidl has the cameras installed,  I got stung at Broadwood Farm recently picking someone up and got a nice Euro Car Parks ticket in the post for my troubles,   

Everywhere is exploiting this now,   thankfully we only charge 3 quid for a square of tarmac, Falkirk having been charging a fiver to park in a puddle for years 

5 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

The stadium away parking will be open, surely? £3 is fairly reasonable these days.

Still associate Nou Broomfield with that 4-4 Challenge Cup Final v Alloa back in the Stone Age.

I went to that game as a neutral, ggreat game

Should be a close game, the win against QP was an important one for us as we were getting into a bit of a rut, will predict a 1-1 draw in this one which would be fine, if Weatherspoon isn't playing that would be a boost, not sure if Ballantyne is back for us, would make a difference if he is. 

On 31/12/2023 at 14:40, The Mantis said:

Any restrictions on parking at Lidl? Just got the missus to drop me off there the last time but probably be on my tod. 

How you keeping Bud?

A Happy and Healthy Year Ahead for You. 

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

How you keeping Bud?

A Happy and Healthy Year Ahead for You. 

Slow progress, nae fun when your grandkids keep bringing you snottery viruses 😂

6 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Should be a close game, the win against QP was an important one for us as we were getting into a bit of a rut, will predict a 1-1 draw in this one which would be fine, if Weatherspoon isn't playing that would be a boost, not sure if Ballantyne is back for us, would make a difference if he is. 

I think if we can keep it tight for the first 2 minutes we can get a result here.

In an innovative move we don't seem to be playing any strikers today.  Looks like an XI of 

-------------Ridgers-------------

----Duffy-----Ujdur----Boyes----

--Davidson---------------Harper--

-----Anderson--Welsh--Gilmour----

-------Longstaff----Shaw----------

Billy Mckay on the bench.  Did he pick up a knock or is this tactical?