Clyde Vs Bonnyrigg

Another interesting post-match. Good to hear McCall’s annoyed about the manner of the two we conceded but hopefully we can start getting a wee bit of a run going and start to work on these things. Good to hear McCall reiterate another “five, six or seven” bodies in. Some suggestion he may look to get King back in too.

That first half was excellent today. Came out second half and still controlled it without creating quite as much as the first half.

Wtf was Lyon doing for that first goal? In acres of space, turns back and runs into Smart and they get one back to make for a shaky last 15. If he doesn’t do that we win that 3-0. Being stripped of the captaincy is maybe the first step in him being shown the door. I can imagine McCall was already considering that before that Sunday league effort.

To say he was “excellent” first half is an exaggeration. Just because he didn’t make an arse of anything doesn’t mean he’s excellent. Decent enough at best.

Overall a good win, even though we did the Clyde thing of making it hard for ourselves. Thought Young was outstanding up front, Scullion, Howie, Hamilton, Grant and Cuddihy all had great games too. Solid debut for Leitch also.

Onwards and upwards.

Hope the Twitter admin has the ✍️ out a few times this week… as well as this🚪 

The minimum we deserved there was three points. The reality is that we should probably have been sitting on a 5-0 scoreline at full-time. 

It was interesting that we moved to a 4231 and played with the wide players "inverted". King and Scullion found a lot of space behind their midfield and got close to Young. The centre halves and Grant were looking for that ball all game. A proper pair of full backs with the abilty to go on the overlap and we will get a lot of joy.

Young led the line like you'd want any lone runner to. He struggled against Stenny but he's more than good enough to get the better of most cloggers in this league. I thought he did well on a number of occasions to secure possession, rather than play a flick-on that was riskier.

There were plenty of good performances but I thought that was Scullion's best display for Clyde. I still can't believe he's the same player who scored those two ridiculous own goals last season.

Night and day performance from a few weeks ago.

Shows the difference 3 or 4 players can make.

Good to hear that we are looking to bring in another 6 or more.

Pretty obvious what we still need; keeper, 2 full backs, creative midfielder to play just off the forwards and probably 2 more up front as just have Young and Rennie as recognised strikers.

Lyon obviously at error for the goal but probably not helped by playing someone at left back who kicks with his right foot.

Hopefully we can string a run of results over the next 6 games and get ourselves off the foot of the table.

Lot more hopeful than I was a month ago. 

Here's hoping will be even more hopeful come 31st January with a few more bodies in.

From the interview seems like McCall is trying to get King for 2nd half of the season.  Think you would see a big difference from him compared to the first half being beside others than can actually play.  You can see there is a player in there in flashes but think he would benefit just by having better players to play alongside.

Having Ray Grant back is like another new player.  Could see the drop off in midfield when he went off.

Not much to add other than the new players made a massive difference, and with another few quality additions we will be absolutely fine.

CBs were outstanding until the drop-off in midfield in the 2nd Half (mainly subbing Grant) put much more pressure on them. In particular its pleasing to have resigned Howie, he's an absolute Rolls Royce of a Centre Half at this level.

King also looked a player today, and just shows the difference some quality beside him makes. On that form be more than happy to keep him.

Still got work to do, but with McCall hinting at multiple more incoming, I'm sure we will be OK.

Can only echo what others have said about the new boys and Ray Grant being major differences today. And a great feeling getting a win. 

But really just coming on to say it was a great touch today by the club to give out a few signed jerseys pre game to some of the younger fans. I know my wee man was absolutely buzzing after it. 

11 hours ago, Replays said:

Very decent 771 in attendance today. It must be the first time this Millennium we’ve won with a bigger than usual crowd in attendance.

Bonnyrigg had a decent backing with them which makes a difference. Especially considering the likes of Elgin, Stranraer, Spartans & Peterhead bring about 6 each.

35 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

First time we’ve been 3-0 up in a game since 13th august 2022 when we beat Kelty 3-0. 

It is also only the second time in the last 17 seasons that we have started a calendar year with a win.

Also thought the referee was absolutely hopeless yesterday. That booking for Cuddihy was genuinely laughable, not even a foul never mind a booking. The ball was nearly out for a throw by the time the Bonnyrigg player got there! 

Between that and being pedantic about where some throw ins were taken and not others, a few times could’ve just played advantage but stopped the game. He was just rubbish. 

An absolute lovely angle of King’s goal there, it was some hit. The first goal a really nice goal too. Ross Lyon’s calamity for Bonnyrigg’s first was genuinely worse than I remember at the match. :lol:

Ross won't need anyone to tell him how much of a shambles that was but with more new men imminent I hope the pressure sharpens up decision-making across the team. That was so easily avoidable. Hopefully as the likes of Hamilton bed in they'll get more comfortable in demanding more from teammates, too.

16 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Lyon is also at fault for the second letting Smart in, please for the love of god sign a left back this week. 

Whilst there’s an argument for Lyon to have a role at the second goal, I think there were a few opportunities for that ball to be dealt with better than it was - Dunachie could probably do a wee bit better immediately before the ball comes in.

However, if there’s anybody to blame, it’s me. After Young cleared the ball upfield, just prior to the ball coming back in for second goal, I said to my dad “I think we’re looking very comfortable here”. Obviously, they scored immediately after.