Livi v Raith

Well,well,well,never saw that coming after a goal down and a missed penalty,however still glad I missed it.

DM will hav to do a lot more to get more than myself back at Almondvale.

However it was lovely to send Fife's largest town back over the Brig with there tails between their legs.

Ps,there's a larger settlement and city several miles to the west of Kirkcaldy.

Most would have predicted that result after the draw came out. Thought we played reasonably well, but defence not strong enough again. A worrying pattern developing of not taking chances when on top. Wasn’t overly impressed with Turner today, even leaving aside his penalty fiasco. Some great touches and play from Vaughan and Hamilton though. 

Noticed Livi admin are having a wee dig on the crowd stuff. Can’t really complain. Never been a fan of crowd wanks. Would rather win the game than the crowd count. 

Anyway, focus on the league and all that. Please get some defenders in…

26 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Our cup record against Raith must be phenomenal at this point, all home ties too right?

Have we gone a goal up in all of them too? 

The one I bothered to go to in 2020, Baird scored first, then we lost 2 or 3-1.

Think we lost the next one 2-1 in the Covid years with Vaughan scoring first.

Edited by Scary Bear

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Have we gone a goal up in all of them too? 

image.png.4a8fa1cffe111f4e5754375868ced6a1.png

1-0 Raith at HT in the 2-1 AET, and 3-1 game. Mental how often we've got each other in this cup

Just now, ATLIS said:

I'm fine so far with how the balls have been shoogled all things considered

Life is for Livingston. At least that’s what the advert said. When is it for Rovers? Please 🙏 God!

1 hour ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Most would have predicted that result after the draw came out. Thought we played reasonably well, but defence not strong enough again. A worrying pattern developing of not taking chances when on top. Wasn’t overly impressed with Turner today, even leaving aside his penalty fiasco. Some great touches and play from Vaughan and Hamilton though. 

Noticed Livi admin are having a wee dig on the crowd stuff. Can’t really complain. Never been a fan of crowd wanks. Would rather win the game than the crowd count. 

Anyway, focus on the league and all that. Please get some defenders in…

Our first win in 14 games, and we had only scored 4 goals till today in that run too. I don't think many Livi fans went into this thinking we'd win.

Raith seem to have dipped in form going into this game right enough, and i think leaving Nouble out helped us, MacKay and Brandon haven't featured much, and both made a difference down our right wing. 

Will be interesting to see Hamilton's goal, looked like it was straight at Shamal, and somehow went through him, was a nap he'd score right enough.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Our first win in 14 games, and we had only scored 4 goals till today in that run too. I don't think many Livi fans went into this thinking we'd win.

Raith seem to have dipped in form going into this game right enough, and i think leaving Nouble out helped us, MacKay and Brandon haven't featured much, and both made a difference down our right wing. 

Will be interesting to see Hamilton's goal, looked like it was straight at Shamal, and somehow went through him, was a nap he'd score right enough.

Under him, looked a nutmeg, with Shamal getting a nick on it but it still trundled in.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What's the bill for ??

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Damaging the pitch with a flare being chucked on it at the start of the game. Pretty stupid thing to do when you have a plastic pitch yourselves and must know the heat will melt the plastic.

Was more meaning all the smashed up seats in the corner, left in a worse state than when the bigots come to visit

43 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

What is the craic with allowing Mo Sangare to continue earlier, despite very clearly being concussed?

Absolutely no way he should have been allowed to continue. He was literally staggering around at one point.

Only other CB we had on the bench was a 16 year old. Montano could've filled in there if he didn't also go off. Mo in general tends to just stagger around the place when not concussed to be fair. He was a CM filling in at CB as well. 

I was more surprised as Sangare, our CB, burst into the box with a late run while we're clinging to a 2-1 lead. A proper box to box centre back performance from him today.

Edited by ATLIS

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It shows there’s still a massive gulf in the divisions. The only issue and problem today was we have no defenders, fuckin’ boils my piss😡🤣

To be fair neither did we, Sangare filling in at CB was a surprise. I made a comment at the game about how this looked like a top end Championship clash, both teams felt like they had chances to win it and it was a very open game. 

29 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It shows there’s still a massive gulf in the divisions. The only issue and problem today was we have no defenders, fuckin’ boils my piss😡🤣

Cant be a gulf when 2 teams below us Partick and Airdrie beat 2 teams above Livi, St Johnstone and Ross County.