🔴🔵 The Caley v Hibernian 🟢🟣

I honestly hadn't realised how poor a run Hibs were on - if they don't beat Celtic this midweek they'll go into the game with only their 1-0 away win over Forfar as the only win in two months.  However, if you take wins over non-league teams in the cup out we have won two games at home all season and the last one was three months ago.  

The stoppable force meets the movable object.

I do think we struggle to break down teams due to our lack of creative players so maybe having a top league team come and attack us means we might get some more opportunities - our best wins this season have come away from home.  On the other hand, while our defensive record isn't terrible we are prone to howlers and Hibs strikers are going to be better than any we've faced in the Championship.

I can't make it to this one, even though I'll be in Inverness as I will be arriving around kick off time and have to look after my son, tsk.  If any of the Hibs fans fancy a massive scrap, let me know and I'll PM you where @RiG and @TheScarf will be.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I honestly hadn't realised how poor a run Hibs were on - if they don't beat Celtic this midweek they'll go into the game with only their 1-0 away win over Forfar as the only win in two months.  However, if you take wins over non-league teams in the cup out we have won two games at home all season and the last one was three months ago.  

The stoppable force meets the movable object.

I do think we struggle to break down teams due to our lack of creative players so maybe having a top league team come and attack us means we might get some more opportunities - our best wins this season have come away from home.  On the other hand, while our defensive record isn't terrible we are prone to howlers and Hibs strikers are going to be better than any we've faced in the Championship.

I can't make it to this one, even though I'll be in Inverness as I will be arriving around kick off time and have to look after my son, tsk.  If any of the Hibs fans fancy a massive scrap, let me know and I'll PM you where @RiG and @TheScarf will be.

That's what I'm hoping too.  Hibs will be on the front foot and wont sit back like Championship sides do, meaning there should be space in behind for Samuel to exploit.  We're used to sides sitting with 10 behind the ball and suffocating the space. meaning all we can do it play it from side to side in front of them.

FWIW, I'll be in The Fluke pre-match, if any speccy virgin Hibs fans want their jaws tested.

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Our best game last season by far was the Livi win, a repeat of that type of performance and..........................................................................................................

We had a better squad then.

If Hibs had either been pumped or won I'd have been more confident.  Pumped and their morale is rock bottom, win and they will be over confident.

Play well and lose last minute penalty means they will be motivated by the good performance but with a burning injustice to avenge.

Get your money on ICT 0 Hibs 5.

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Anyone any idea if this game is to be streamed for any individuals that will be watching from….outwith the UK?……

No, it won’t be. We don’t do streaming.

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

No one mention religion or we’ll have that County weirdo clogging up the thread with shite again 

Which one?

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Ah well, probably helps with my life expectancy I suppose 

I wouldn't worry about that.  We never shoot so won't score.