Scottish Political/Current Affairs Podcasts

BB_Bino

Scottish politics and current affairs is a big interest of mine, but I can’t seem to find any podcasts that keep up to date with what’s going on in the country, so I’m just wondering what podcasts/radio shows do P&B posters, in this part of the forum, listen too to keep up to speed?? 

There's a podcast called Planet Holyrood about Scottish politics. It's presented by Paul Hutcheon, Daily Record politics editor who is usually joined by politics reporters from the Express and Mail and so on. I've never listened to it, but it sounds fucking awful tbqh. Each to their own though.

I'll second Conter which I've listened to fairly regularly over the past couple of years. Most of the better content is pay stuff on Patreon though and it's not really regularly updated. Nothing for three weeks, then two podcasts in a day and so on. While it's mainly Scottish politics focused, some of the better stuff is about UK and world issues.

I listen to The Popular Show as well. Another Left podcast, but guests from across the political spectrum, not really much Scottish stuff here though.

Of ones I've listened to I'd say the Courier is the best papery, MSM journalist led one, although I've not listened in a while because it's still not that good. Conter is often a decent listen in my experience, but David Jamieson puts me off too much so again not listened in a fair bit. There's really not a lot of real quality at all though 

2 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

Of ones I've listened to I'd say the Courier is the best papery, MSM journalist led one

Had to take a double take on that! one.jpg.f4de942a34a87a2aeab951d9a324b6fd.jpg

I've listened to a few random Courier podcasts and they've been well informed, sometimes funny and a fair attempt

at political neutrality.

18 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

There's a podcast called Planet Holyrood about Scottish politics. It's presented by Paul Hutcheon, Daily Record politics editor who is usually joined by politics reporters from the Express and Mail and so on. I've never listened to it, but it sounds fucking awful tbqh. Each to their own though.

I'll second Conter which I've listened to fairly regularly over the past couple of years. Most of the better content is pay stuff on Patreon though and it's not really regularly updated. Nothing for three weeks, then two podcasts in a day and so on. While it's mainly Scottish politics focused, some of the better stuff is about UK and world issues.

I listen to The Popular Show as well. Another Left podcast, but guests from across the political spectrum, not really much Scottish stuff here though.

Express and Mail you say ?  Clicks 'Off' button.