Ray the snake vs some junior outfit

Hard to predict a line up for Forfar tomorrow, will Ray play Rusty & Skelly or is having two strikers on the pitch far too attacking for him?

Bonnyrigg will be keen to play this game, on the back of a cup upset and having had our number every time we've met (except the last time), the Rose will also be glad to know that the player who gave us the winning goal has been sent packing permanently to Lochee in order to get "more game time."

Performances have improved for the Loons over the last few weeks but there's still a very bitter taste in the fans' mouths, it's hard to call.

3 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

Can all 3 Bonnyrigg fans please make themselves known?

Not bothered about defending Ronnie Bigg's Nose fans but I was once 25% of the Forfar away support at Stranraer... 

Forfar lost. Sorry. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

Not bothered about defending Ronnie Bigg's Nose fans but I was once 25% of the Forfar away support at Stranraer... 

Forfar lost. Sorry. 

I was once 20% of the forfar away support that actually won in Stranraer, so ha!

Big game tomorrow - both teams need to build a bit of momentum and the Snake seems to be unpopular (not just with Ton fans by the looks of it!!) I think McCall will turn it around for Clyde so both teams need points …..

1 hour ago, Broonaldo said:

Big game tomorrow - both teams need to build a bit of momentum and the Snake seems to be unpopular (not just with Ton fans by the looks of it!!) I think McCall will turn it around for Clyde so both teams need points …..

We're at the point where it's more appropriate to ask who doesn't consider him to be a jobbie.

Agree on Clyde, swift action was needed & seems like the wheels are in motion. 

As for tomorrows game, 2 gangs will settle who's the least bad at football.

There are a number of bad teams in league 2. There's a school of thought that somewhere around 36 points might see a team safe, but it's a struggle to see where Forfar will get the results to reach 26 without help from other teams being terrible.

11 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

There are a number of bad teams in league 2. There's a school of thought that somewhere around 36 points might see a team safe, but it's a struggle to see where Forfar will get the results to reach 26 without help from other teams being terrible.

The pyramid is (slowly) pushing out the weaker teams to the LL but because there’s only one promotion, it’s a mammoth task to get back in. This will be even harder when the giants from the West (Talbot, Pollok, Darvel) work their way into SPFL2. 

Because teams now know this is a mammoth task (ask East Stirling, Cowdenbeath, Wee Gers) there’s a massive fear of relegation which I think makes teams more scared of defeat rather than driving for a win, especially at the end of a season. The incentive is simple survival rather than exciting football. The leagues history-rich teams at the lower end of the pyramid like Forfar, Clyde and East Fife will face an uncertain future unless they receive sustainable investment …. which is harder to get while the product on the field is “not lose” football.

1 hour ago, Broonaldo said:

The pyramid is (slowly) pushing out the weaker teams to the LL but because there’s only one promotion, it’s a mammoth task to get back in. This will be even harder when the giants from the West (Talbot, Pollok, Darvel) work their way into SPFL2. 

Because teams now know this is a mammoth task (ask East Stirling, Cowdenbeath, Wee Gers) there’s a massive fear of relegation which I think makes teams more scared of defeat rather than driving for a win, especially at the end of a season. The incentive is simple survival rather than exciting football. The leagues history-rich teams at the lower end of the pyramid like Forfar, Clyde and East Fife will face an uncertain future unless they receive sustainable investment …. which is harder to get while the product on the field is “not lose” football.

I  highly doubt Talbot & Pollok have any serious aspirations of reaching the LL never mind league 2. Financially stupid for them.

Also whilst relegation is nearly a death sentence for some, at least forfar (like brechin) would get to go into a proper league, with proper teams & not play a part in the b team merry-go-round that is the LL.

The only clubs in the LL that want promoted are the clubs that spaff money up the wall, like chicken man.

15 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

Can all 3 Bonnyrigg fans please make themselves known?

Yes I am one of them.  Time you were coming in to the 21st Century football not the Victorian era. Reminder we are where we are on merit, gained by success on the football field, good ambition, management of the club, a good faithful band of supporters , no sugar daddy.  I will not vent my further displeasure at your insulting, disrespectful attitude from a non ambitious club who have who like others who have fallen through the trap door looked for hand outs and grants to maintain their existence. I like a many other Rose supporters will visit your unambitious club today, pay my entry money, With your attitude I really grudge paying the entry money.  My club the best supported in the League remember bring most number of fans to your club when we play there. May I also remind you that you have not beaten us at your ground since we WON promotion to SPFL 2.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

PS. Rose fans support their club every match and not slate it cowardly behind a keyboard.

2 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Yes I am one of them.  Time you were coming in to the 21st Century football not the Victorian era. Reminder we are where we are on merit, gained by success on the football field, good ambition, management of the club, a good faithful band of supporters , no sugar daddy.  I will not vent my further displeasure at your insulting, disrespectful attitude from a non ambitious club who have who like others who have fallen through the trap door looked for hand outs and grants to maintain their existence. I like a many other Rose supporters will visit your unambitious club today, pay my entry money, With your attitude I really grudge paying the entry money.  My club the best supported in the League remember bring most number of fans to your club when we play there. May I also remind you that you have not beaten us at your ground since we WON promotion to SPFL 2.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

PS. Rose fans support their club every match and not slate it cowardly behind a keyboard.

1. You took the bait.

2. NDP hasn't come out of the stone age yet so don't be lecturing me on coming into the 21st century.

3. I slate my club in the flesh more often than behind a keyboard.

4. You'll always be some diddy junior outfit.

24 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

🎣

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Don't worry that particular forfar supporter has become notorious for being our forums resident negative keyboard warrior. He may be vocal but he doesn't represent our general fan base at all, he's the sort of person that would try to argue that grass isn't green if it suited his agenda.

2 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Don't worry that particular forfar supporter has become notorious for being our forums resident negative keyboard warrior. He may be vocal but he doesn't represent our general fan base at all, he's the sort of person that would try to argue that grass isn't green if it suited his agenda.

This /\
Apologies from the decent Forfar fans for the disrespectful thread title. Bonnyrigg are here on merit.

19 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Must be nice drinking all that kool-aid.

I live in Bonnyrigg and the football club has a massive presence in the community, you see posters etc. advertising the upcoming games in the shops and there's loads of folk from young and old who wear Bonnyrigg hats, scarves, jackets around the town. Not something you see as much of in Forfar. They attract a great crowd for a town a bit smaller than Forfar, and that's with competing with 4 large clubs for support.