St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/1/24

To be fair, Sven took a massive dunt on Wednesday and was moving pretty gingerly at full time, so I suspect that’s injury related more than preference being Max being in at all costs. 

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I like Kimpioka coming in for Jaiyesimi.

Time will tell but based on what I’ve seen so far - a very small sample size tbf - I’m not sure about him up front on his own. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'm not defending the decision to put him in for Sven - far from it - but he did score 2 against Dundee and hit the bar on Wednesday night.

Can someone post the lineup for folk not on Twitter?

10 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'm not defending the decision to put him in for Sven - far from it - but he did score 2 against Dundee and hit the bar on Wednesday night.

Can someone post the lineup for folk not on Twitter?

Came off the bench in both of those games right? I think we’ve seen him positively impact games from the bench a few times - but I can’t think of him doing anything in any of his many starts against top flight opposition so far. Need a lot more or you might as well chuck Ali Crawford back in there …

Genuinely don’t have a clue who 5 of St J’s starting line up are. Who is playing up front for them?

Struggle to see who other than Spittal could score a goal from us. Maybe frustrate them and try and score from a corner or something.

We don’t have Mika anymore if we need to do a comeback against Saints again again, so the first goal will be crucial.

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

Genuinely don’t have a clue who 5 of St J’s starting line up are. Who is playing up front for them?

Struggle to see who other than Spittal could score a goal from us. Maybe frustrate them and try and score from a corner or something.

We don’t have Mika anymore if we need to do a comeback against Saints again again, so the first goal will be crucial.

That's a big ask, the way we have defended this season 

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Which five are you struggling with?

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Which five are you struggling with?

15, 19, 22, 29 and 33.

TBF it’s probably just me as I haven’t watched a lot of sportscene this year or kept up with any podcasts etc.

7 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

15, 19, 22, 29 and 33.

TBF it’s probably just me as I haven’t watched a lot of sportscene this year or kept up with any podcasts etc.

The first three have been with us all season. Last two are January recruits. Kjeltens scored the equaliser v the sheep on Wednesday. 

To clarify for the Motherwell fanbase, £5m man Benjamin Kimpioka will be leading the line and making his first league start for St Johnstone today. 

Matt Smith is a Welsh international midfielder who has been one of our stand-outs this season, alongside young Luke Robinson at LWB.

Keltjens is an Israeli international superstar who can play at RWB and also in midfield. We swooped for him a couple of weeks ago and he scored a barnstorming header in his debut against Aberdeen midweek.

If you don’t know about these guys right now, you’ll certainly know about them by 4.45pm.

Edited by The Real Saints