5tirling Vs Kelty

Anyone else notice how unfit Jack Leitch is at the moment? He was struggling throughout the 2nd half until he was hooked. Obviously has great delivery from corners etc and I think that’s the main reason he’s in the team. But he looked like he was blowing out his arse for most of yesterday. 

2 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Anyone else notice how unfit Jack Leitch is at the moment? He was struggling throughout the 2nd half until he was hooked. Obviously has great delivery from corners etc and I think that’s the main reason he’s in the team. But he looked like he was blowing out his arse for most of yesterday. 

Tbh I think that's just how Leitch is 😂 Even last season, he always looked like he was blowing after about 20 mins

17 hours ago, SA45 said:

Wasn't sure about posting this but there was racist neanderthal a few rows along from me shouting "get the immigrant off now" when Kelty's Biabi went in heavy. Can do without that. West Stand on the left of the main hospitality section looking onto the pitch, about 2/3rds back. Had kids with him as well.

Sad to read, that sort of thing isn’t welcome at Forthbank, or in Scotland. This is 2024 for crying out loud. Please do the right thing and report it to the club, don’t wait for it to happen again.

4 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

As has been said, I think that’s just Jack, and the way he is, don’t think he has “looked fit” since he signed. I have been critical of him this season, but I thought he did well yesterday, after a poor start, but was an odd choice for Man of the Match….even he was shocked at that, as was James Creaney and the Albion bench. I can only imagine someone really wanted to meet him.

Onto the game, and it was a game of 2 half’s for us. I don’t think we were poor in the First Half, but I do think the game plan was to be more structured, hard to break down and to not give anything away. I thought we did that well, but were wasteful on the ball at times, however, Kelty never looked like getting through and we had a couple of half chances before scoring from a lovely bit of set play.

Second Half was totally different, and with the ball, probably the best we have played all season. I thought some of our phases of play were top notch, especially the 3 Cooper goals, but more so the one that came all the way from Currie in goals.

I’ve said it on here before, but Cooper has been one of our best players this season, I don’t get why he plays second fiddle to Leitch at times, but once again he has given the manager a selection headache with his (deserved) Hattrick.

Talking of selection headache’s. I think yesterday shows the contrast of the squad from earlier in the season. It was only a month or so ago where Darren probably looked at his bench and saw a bunch of Development Squad players that just weren’t ready, or just not good enough for the jump. Now, he has a host of quality players to call on that he knows will make an impact going forward or to shut up shop, which is great to see.

I read an interview from Roy Hodgeson who said “fans look at our starting lineup, but what they don’t understand is the finishing lineup is more important”, I think yesterday, we had a good example of that, and fully deserved our 3 points.

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Sad to read, that sort of thing isn’t welcome at Forthbank, or in Scotland. This is 2024 for crying out loud. Please do the right thing and report it to the club, don’t wait for it to happen again.

Club have been notified. Thanks to the Kelty photographer's pics I worked out he's in Block E Row G. If anyone sits around there they'll know who he is.

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Lovely football.  Brought to you by GRASS!

Couldn’t agree with you more. After all the call offs it was nice to see the ball being stroked about on an super surface.

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

yesterday shows the contrast of the squad from earlier in the season. It was only a month or so ago where Darren probably looked at his bench and saw a bunch of Development Squad players that just weren’t ready, or just not good enough for the jump. Now, he has a host of quality players to call on that he knows will make an impact going forward or to shut up shop, which is great to see.

I thought that too when I looked at the bench. I couldn't remember the last time we had 16 players named who were all of a quality to play.

Leitch is what he is. He's got some quality on the ball particularly from set pieces but I've always thought he could be a defensive liability.

I too think Cooper has been about the best attacking threat all season.

Definitely a selection dilemma for next week.

I think you're being overly harsh on Leitch. I suspect that when he's on the field he's in the top 2-3 of our players in terms of distance covered and sprints, and with 5 subs available now, it's not such an issue if you've got one or two players only able to last 60. Also worth bearing in mind that was his first match since mid-December.

Good to see Hilson getting back to the level he showed in the League Cup. Since getting that injury against St Johnstone it's looked like he's been toiling a bit but the second half at the weekend should do him good.

I do love what leitch brings and I agree there's no lack of effort there.

Genuinely delighted to see him back as well as his injury had looked like it could have been a bad one.

I've thought in the past few games we were starting to see the Dale Hilson we expected so let's hope that continues.

10 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The club are appealing for witnesses for the racist language that @SA45 reported to the club. Genuinely hope the person involved can be identified:

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/club-statement-racist-language/

It's been reported by other people too so hopefully we won't see or hear this clown in future.