Hibernian v St.Mirren

As far as positives go, I'm just grateful Hibs didn't join the ranks of the tiny select few teams that James Scott has ever managed to score against.  Kudos to St Mirren for hooking him before that happened.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Do you think Gogic will enjoy his evening ?

Hibs commentator before the game  was telling us the Gogic isn't great at CB and could be a weak link for Hibs to exploit.😂😂😂

20230916_180017.jpg

That was a massive win and performance today, first half we were superb and but for some unlucky breaks, we could have been up by 5 or 6.

The home game on Wed night v Dundee gives us a chance to go 9 points clear of them although they have a couple of games in hand.

Enjoy your sat night buddies :thumsup2

A brave new era for hibs,continuing in the same fashion as the last 4 or 5 brave new era’s.

Only hibs could do the financial doping wrong 😂

Brilliant result from the real Saints 👍

I'm not really sure how well we performed as Hibs were so inept.

Although, even when they changed it in the 2nd half and put a bit more pressure on us, we coped rather easily.

Thought we defended excellently. Bolton in particular looks like a great signing. Hope his injury is a minor one and he was taken off as a precaution.

CBM stepped up to the plate. Best performance from him that I've seen so far in a Saints shirt. Kwon was excellent too.

Thought Mandron gave the best performance I've seen from one our strikers in a long time.

Give him chances in the box and he'll score.

Don't think there was any player that had an off day. Even Dunne was good when he came on.

Hopefully the doom mongers will do one for a while.

34 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm not really sure how well we performed as Hibs were so inept.

Although, even when they changed it in the 2nd half and put a bit more pressure on us, we coped rather easily.

Thought we defended excellently. Bolton in particular looks like a great signing. Hope his injury is a minor one and he was taken off as a precaution.

CBM stepped up to the plate. Best performance from him that I've seen so far in a Saints shirt. Kwon was excellent too.

Thought Mandron gave the best performance I've seen from one our strikers in a long time.

Give him chances in the box and he'll score.

Don't think there was any player that had an off day. Even Dunne was good when he came on.

Hopefully the doom mongers will do one for a while.

Agree on Mandron, he really looked up for it and was strong on the ball. Kiltie was brilliant again, he never seems to get the praise that he thoroughly deserves.

16 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Agree on Mandron, he really looked up for it and was strong on the ball. Kiltie was brilliant again, he never seems to get the praise that he thoroughly deserves.

Just needs a wee bit more composure in front of goal.

Takes a great penalty though.:thumsup2

On 02/02/2024 at 15:10, djchapsticks said:

A good time to play you in that regard when a lot of lads who don't know each other are just meeting for the first time today.

Good Evening Fortune Teller…….😂😂😂⚽

Only saw from just before the 3rd goal onwards, but from what I saw it has to be one of our most comfortable performances for a good while. 

For me, Elvis, Gogic, Bolton, CBM and Mandron were all excellent but everyone else more than played their part too. 

Very pleasing all round. Now we really need to make that victory count, by following it up with a win against Dundee. 

What has happened to St Mirren match threads? For the first couple of months they were 30/40 pages long with Saints fans rubbing everyone’s noses in their wins. We’re on Page 5 of a game you’ve strolled.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

What has happened to St Mirren match threads? For the first couple of months they were 30/40 pages long with Saints fans rubbing everyone’s noses in their wins. We’re on Page 5 of a game you’ve strolled.

We’re not properly back into the swing of the nose rubbing yet.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

All credit to the buddies for coming and beating some green traffic cones. Even Butcher's Hibs were better than that. 

Yet ANOTHER Monty masterclass.  

While I disagree with your Butcher’s Hibs comment but I do agree with your Monty comments. 

Lose the next few games and he’ll be away. 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Basically, most of the Aberdeen and Motherwell fans have stopped posting on them because their teams are absolutely shite. Without these seething weirdos posting hundreds of posts about how bad our threads are they've just reverted to being normal match threads.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hibs fans are pretty decent and can take a wind up.

The rest, bar Killie and Livingston fans, not so much.

They like to give it out, but can't take it when the boot is on the other foot.

Edited by FTOF